Chapter 2.13 - A Student Girl

Hiroka was lost in thought, but he quickly collected himself and bowed respectfully in apologies.

"Your Highness, I am sorry to have run into you."

Riku, who overheard me, was surprised when Hiroka addressed the individual in front of them as a 'highness.'

It appeared as though The Demon Prince was pointing daggers at Hiroka through Kiyoshi's look. Hiroka remained steadfast because he didn't want to lose that icy gaze.

"You...You know me?" questioned the Demon Prince.

Hiroka nodded at him before turning to look to the right at something. He looked at a passing demon student who was humbly bowing to him before walking away as Kiyoshi and Riku followed his gaze.

Kiyoshi returned his gaze to Hiroka, who was also staring back at him. Kiyoshi cast a curious glance beside Hiroka and noticed Riku.

Kiyoshi sighed and said, maintaining his poker face, "I should be the one apologizing to you instead...Your Highness Second Prince,"

His words astounded Hiroka. Hiroka was surprised to know that Kiyoshi knew him. Then, Hiroka cannot help but smile. Now they are fair.

"Then, if you'll pardon me, I'll be leaving," said Kiyoshi as he passed Hiroka and Riku.

After giving his back a brief glance, Hiroka and Riku said, "Let's go, I'm hungry," and then they walked downstairs.

Kiyoshi was unknowingly now in front of 1-C, the classroom entrance. In the corridor where he had run into Hiroka, Kiyoshi noticed that he had long since left because he was now downstairs.

"How?" he muttered in a voice that only he could hear.

.

In the meantime, Hiroka and Riku were eating their own food away from the other students in the cafeteria. Hiroka doesn't want to eat with a bunch of obnoxious noble brats whose mouths are full of vulgarity.

Hiroka took a sip of his orange juice and said, "You're curious, right?" chewing the last of the sandwich, Riku raised an eyebrow at Hiroka.

As they entered the cafeteria, Hiroka took notice immediately. Riku had been giving Hiroka several quick glances as he contemplates a question about the identity of the earlier encountered demon student. Who was he?

Riku nodded in agreement as he explained, "Kiyoshi de Ichiro, is often called the calm and cold character. Despite his coldness, he is beloved by his people, good-looking, and a part of the demon royal family. He is the Demon Prince in the Demon Realm...

He's one year older than us and he's a second-year-" Hiroka halted himself, recalling the chain brooch that was on Kiyoshi's uniform. He didn't understand why he was wearing a brooch chain with a one-year Roman numeral on it.

'Kiyoshi was intended to be a second-year student in the novel,' Hiroka recalled.

Did the modifications he made cause it? Riku Touma served as Hiroka Isamu's knight and he was now still alive. Did that have a role in it?

Hiroka stated as he took another gulp of his juice, "No, he's a first-year. He must have an explanation for why he arrived at this academy late.

Riku nodded and said, "I see."

Riku positioned his glass of water in front of him and was about to sip when he heard a girl.

"Kyaa!"

After being splashed with a moist liquid on his face and clothing, Riko heard glass being 'shattered.' This caught Riku and Hiroka off guard.

Hiroka noticed a girl as well as broken glass on the ground close to Riku. She just has light brown hair that reaches her shoulders. worn a uniform of honor. Pink, adorable eyes could be seen when she raised her head. She had a sweet, feminine appearance and resembled a little girl. Although Hiroka didn't know who she was, the fact that there were broken glass fragments close by was extremely dangerous.

Hiroka, who was ready to stand up and approach her for assistance, was delayed because the girl moved so quickly to stand up, avoid the glass fragments on the floor, and approach Riku, saying, "I-I'm so sorry!" due to her anxious and loud voice in addition to the loud shatter glass. Students were glancing this way from a distance. It brought this incident to their attention.

Riku simply gave her a fleeting glance before turning his head away. He avoided her. Riku backed away from the girl because she was so near him. He set the glass of water that he was holding aside and moved the empty plate that was next to him, which was also wet and was dropping water onto the table, away from him.

"More importantly, are you alright?" Hiroka asked worriedly. He spoke on Riku's behalf because he was aware that Riku would ignore her.

"I'm okay," she said after giving Hiroka a glance that suggested she was examining him.

'What was that?' Hiroka had an odd thought about what she had made.

She sobbed, "I'm so sorry, I accidentally trip-Oh my god!... Your hand is bleeding!" as she turned to face Riku's hand.

When Riku looked down at his left hand, Hiroka noticed a tiny cut on the back of it. Even though some blood was dribbling out of it, Riku didn't seem to mind. Even if it wasn't going to kill him, the fact that the girl was so close to him and was crying agitatedly over a minor cut irritated him. Hiroka undoubtedly noticed his distress. Both Hiroka and Riku reasoned that she was overreacting because of the little wound.

"I-I should help you he-" As the girl concluded her sentence and reached out to grab Riku's hand, he stepped back once more. He genuinely didn't want any intimacy or touching.

'I should take this from here,' Hiroka sighed.

"My lady, I apologize. If you'll excuse us, I'll take him to the infirmary, and you should avoid the shattered glass since it's dangerous," Before the girl could even speak, Hiroka and Riku spoke to a man in a working outfit and left the cafeteria, dragging Riku behind him. They both left after about a second.

A man that Hiroka and Riku had earlier spoken to approached the young woman and bowed to her before beginning to clean up the shattered glass.

Unaware, the girl gave a frustrated tongue click and walked away.