Chapter 2.18 - Monster Exploration Hunt (4)

"No, it's alright."

'No, it's alright,' In his head, Hiroka uttered the identical phrase that Yui had. Hiroka recalled what the Heroine had said in the novel.

"You need not be concerned about me, Lord Virgo."
'You need not be concerned about me, Lord Virgo.'

"And you don't have to help me get to the infirmary," She added. What Yui was saying to Lord Virgo perplexed him.
'And you don't have to help me get to the infirmary,'

"Because..."
'Because...'

Hiroka waited for the Heroine's next move as she and Lord Virgo stood where they were.

The heroine raised her right hand to her right ankle at that moment. She mumbled something, and the onlookers' disbelief was evident when they noticed a faint glow over her right foot. As they continued to stare at her, they kept their mouths shut.

Hiroka kept a neutral expression after seeing, but then...

Suddenly, he sensed or perceived warmth. Hiroka was curious as to where it came from. Really cozy magic. Hiroka was puzzled as to why he had felt this someplace among the group of first-year students. He was aware of the magic's warm light strength. But, the Heroine was not the source of it. This confused him.

In the fading light. Without Lord Virgo's assistance, the Heroine eventually rose up slowly after becoming speechless at what he had seen. Lady Fasty was shocked too.

In order to determine whether her right foot was in discomfort, the Heroine tapped it on the ground but felt none. Yui innocently smiled as she looked up at Lord Virgo.

Hiroka recited what he remembered the Heroine saying, "'I can heal myself, you don't have to worry Lord Virgo,'" and then he could hear students and professors around him expressing surprise. Even his team was talking among themselves.

'What was that?'

'Light magic!?'

'For real?!'

''She is blessed!'

'I'm so shocked!'

Hiroka heard Professor Kim comment behind him, "Wow really... This is really surprising," and his team cheered in agreement with him.

"This is the first one I've ever seen."

Hiroka kept hearing praise for the Heroine from his team and the other participants, and he forgot entirely about the sensation he was seeking in the crowd. The praises were continuous, and that is unavoidable given how long it had been since people longed to see or hear about someone who had been granted blessings by the God of Light. But, no matter how long people waited for the news, there is no light magic wielder. The younger generation believed that the God of Light had abandoned them as they got older and learned more about its history. But in the present, the human race has received some very...very important news. A spell blessed with light was born.

Hiroka overheard some referring to the nearby individuals as "priests" and "saints." When they learn the news, there is a rumor that a priest might visit the academy. Soon, the Academy will be crowded with priests who will hail her as a saint.

Then, all of a sudden, Hiroka recalled the conversation he had with his brother. Referring to the period when they discuss Saints and Priests. (If you don't remember, go up to Chapter 33.)

Hiroka recalled his brother telling him, "This secret should not be revealed or found out, if not...People or even priests would come looking for you and will view you as a Saint..." Hiroka was aware that light magic is extremely rare, but he was confused.

Once his brother exited his own room, Hiroka stood there blinking his eyes. Outside of his room, he stops his brother after catching up to him and asks him a question. They were the only ones in the hallway.

"Brother, please explain. I'm confused."

After hearing him, his brother turned to face the window to his left and took a serious glance at the outside of the palace.

"Well, saints is a difficult title to hold," he said. "Saints leave their families and end up being someone who would commit themselves to religion. They lived their lives within the church. They aren't permitted to walk out as they wish unless something significant came up and needed their support from people."

"..."

The Crown Prince then turned to face him and gave him a glance that suggested he remain at The Callisto Palace. When Hiroka realized what had happened, his brother quickly departed to go to their father's office.

The smile returned to Hiroka's face as he thought fondly, "I won't leave at home... I'd rather stay with a great family."

If it is true that priests will arrive as soon as they learn of rare light magic, they will undoubtedly visit the academy because, given how long people have been waiting, the story will spread quickly throughout the entire human realm.

Hiroka was disturbed by something else, though, still. Why was there no mention of priests coming to the academy in the book he read in his former world? Did he unintentionally pass through that section of the book?

No, Hiroka was certain he hadn't missed any important details. In the novel, there was no mention of a "Priest" or "Saint" in this particular incident. It only discussed the Heroine's actions. Receiving positive comments from everyone and respect from professors. This big news even reached the ears of The Crown Prince, his brother, and The Prince of Demons, who were both now interested in her.

If Hiroka's assumption is correct, then... It's possible that The Academy took some action to prevent the Priest from causing a major commotion here. After all, The Academy is a learning environment, not a gathering place like fans of particular idols.

-----

Right now, this is all I can come up with. Apologies for the little chapter and the delayed updates. I have been too busy with academics to even have leisure time. (ᗒᗩᗕ)