Chapter 2.43(Talk) - Chapter 2.44(Talk 2)

Chapter 2.43

"Other," Kiyoshi says as he resumes strumming his guitar. This was a different tune, and Hiroka, as usual, took some time to ponder before hearing the chorus.

This time the song is named 'Complicated by Avril Lavigne'.

Hiroka was even more surprised. 'This isn't a coincidence...How could he know something that does not exist in this world?'

Hiroka wanted to stop Kiyoshi from strumming his guitar and asked. But, when he stared at Kiyoshi, he wondered how he could ask a question in such an atmosphere where he didn't want to be disturbed while playing his guitar.

Hiroka tightened his grip on his uniform. He needs to wait and ask later.

Hiroka opened his mouth again and began to sing the song.

As the song ends, Kiyoshi repeats, "Other."

Hiroka stayed silent. He heard Kiyoshi play another tune again.

So Hiroka sung for how many hours because Kiyoshi kept telling him to sing again and again. Playing a song for him.

Kiyoshi kept playing the tune from his former world until he grew tired of showing his surprise at what he was hearing. Also, Hiroka desperately wanted to leave the room; it was as if Kiyoshi was destroying his vocal cords!

Hiroka noticed Kiyoshi had kept his guitar in the case. Opening his lips to speak, Hiroka questioned, "How do you know all of those songs?"

As Kiyoshi finished placing his instrument in its case. Kiyoshi grew serious and asked, "I should be the one asking you that, how do you know?"

"..." Hiroka doesn't know what to say; he can't simply tell someone that he knows those songs because they come from his previous world called 'Earth'.

"Well, it doesn't matter if you answer or not. You must have a reason, and I know you have no bad intentions. After all, I know you a little already from my memories." Kiyoshi said as the end of his sentence was a whisper, but Hiroka still heard it.

Hiroka was confused. 'By "he knew a little about me," what does he mean?'

As he approached Hiroka, Kiyoshi continued, "Anyway, I'll answer honestly to your question."

Hiroka said nothing, realizing that Kiyoshi was now standing in front of him.

"I have dreams...I could play those songs on my guitar because I could not stop hearing them."

"...Dreams?"

Kiyoshi gave him a nod. Then he turned and began making his way over to the door.

"Since I have already responded to your question, I should leave now."

When Kiyoshi eventually shut the door, leaving him inside the room, Hiroka did not stop him from leaving.

As Hiroka peered out the window, he saw that the sun was starting to set.

He turned to head to the door after thinking, 'I should go back to the dorm.'

_____

Hiroka opened the door to his dorm room. As soon as he walked inside the room, he found Riku sitting on his bed and wearing a serious expression.

Hiroka: "..."

Hiroka is almost forgot. He almost forgot that Hiroka and him had planned to have a conversation about important things. He was very distracted by his earlier conversation with Kiyoshi.

Riku turned to face him. He must have been waiting for Hiroka.

'How long did he wait for?' Hiroka thought