Chapter 2.28 - Discussion of AEM

Professor Keda glared icily at his rowdy students, they trembled as he pointed sharply with earth magic in their direction. "Continue being loud then you know what will happen, so better quiet!"

Riku and Hiroka, who could see everything, sweatdropped on the personality of their professor. They were still having trouble adjusting to his demeanor.

"Y-Yes, professor," say the students.

Professor ignored the frightened expressions on his students as he continued, "The results from yesterday's hunt will be displayed at the bulletin board in the lobby."

The professor added, "After class, you can look at the result all you want," and then his magic that had pointed his students slowly faded away, causing the students who had been pointed to sigh in relief.

Turning around, Professor Keda grabbed a piece of chalk from the chalkboard and began writing on the blackboard. His class was just starting.

His students watch him write the capital letters A, E, and M. The fact that all of his students were already familiar with it aroused their attention. When some of them went mad learning it to make them stronger, how could possibly not understand what that meant?

The students nodded and asked the professor to continue as he set down the chalk, "AEM. You already know what that is."

"Advanced Elemental Magic, often known as AEM, is an extension of elemental magic." The professor defined while picking up the chalk once more and writing the primary elements of magic on the blackboard, which are Fire,Water,Earth, Wind, Darkness, and Light.

"A Magic who has advanced their Elemental Magic, will show major difference in their Elemental Magic compared to average Elemental Magic, whether in quantity, or better control," he said.

He continued as he wrote the elemental magic AEMs on the blackboard, "In further cases, a Magic can reach to the point where their Element transformed into a completely different form, for example Water into Ice; Fire into Lightning; Earth into Metal; Wind into Smoke; Darkness into Shadow and Light into Illusion.

Yui held up her hand, "Excuse me Professor," to get Professor Keda's attention. The entire class cheered for her while noticing that she appeared a little nervous.

Professor Keda asked with a raised eyebrow, "What?"

All of the students nodded in agreement when Yui asked, "Is there a faster way to learn AEM? They turned to look at the professor in seeking an answer.

Some people have actually attempted to learn AEM on their own, but despite their best efforts, they haven't been able to progress their magic.

The students were shocked by Professor Keda's prompt response, "No. There isn't a quick way to learn AEM.You must undergo rigorous, step-by-step magic training."

"Professor, but in my part. Since I was little, I've worked really hard on my magic. How is that possible?" Another student cried.

"Congratulations if you have worked hard since you were young," Professor Keda said, growing irritated. "However, just because you've worked hard since you were young doesn't guarantee you have learned AEM."

Still disappointed by the professor's response that there isn't a quick way to learn AEM, Yui replied, "Professor, if that really true then..." but she then remembered something and had an idea.

Yui turn to face Hiroka. When Hiroka noticed Yui's stare, he became confused. "Isamu, I witnessed your Ice wall magic yesterday at the dungeon. It was so gorgeous! I heard from Lord Virgo that it's AEM. Your amazing! You must be a genius! Can you teach me AEM?" Yui exclaimed enthusiastically to Hiroka.

When she said the word "Ice," everyone in the room started to look in his way, which caught Hiroka off guard.

Yui's remark regarding Hiroka's ice magic caused him to furrow his brow. In the room, several students began to whisper.

'Did Lady Hotaru just mention Ice?'

'Is it real?'

'If it's Lady Hotaru, it must be true,'

'Damn if it's true. He truly learned AEM. I began to feel envious.'

'Exactly how did he achieve it?'

'But why did he hide it?'

'I desperately want to learn it!'

'He need to instruct us too!'

'Teach us as well!'

Riku supported Hiroka by glaring at their classmates coldly dead as if he were about to stab them as he began sweating because of his classmates. thankfully some students back off.

Unknown to all, Yui smirked.

Then, Yui replied sadly while rubbing her hands together, drawing everyone's attention with the now-visible tear in her eye.

She said, "Ah, I thought that everyone has already learned about Isamu learning AEM from yesterday's hunt. I-I'm sorry Isamu, I wasn't revealing it on purpose! I-I just wanted to comment on how awesome you are on AEM." All students who saw her started to feel bad for her.

Hiroka focused her attention on Yui, who was being consoled by Delia next to her. The sudden event actually left him puzzled.

Hiroka calmed down and said himself, 'What nonsense.' that Yui had planned to do this to him.

Everyone quieted down as a loud 'bang' was heard. Like the previous time they met their professor for the first time, Professor Keda broke his own desk in half.

Hiroka abruptly raised his hands, drawing everyone's attention.

As soon as he noticed another student raising his hands, Professor Keda said, "What?" He is even beginning to wonder if there would be another drama.

All eyes were on Hiroka as he stood up and said, "Professor, I wanted to share something to everyone about learning AEM. Since everyone has been eager to know how I learned AEM so fast."

After eventually calming down, Yui heard him and became interested in what Hiroka would say.

Professor Keda became interested before responding, "Go on."

"There's this one possible method that I know off on how to learn AEM faster," Hiroka said as he started speaking earnestly.

As soon as they heard Hiroka speaking, the students started whispering again.

'I was correct; there is a quick way to learn AEM that the professor is unaware of.'

'Lucky!'

"I'm just ears!'

'Better be of use!'

Professor Keda once more shouted, "Quiet down!" causing the room to become quiet. He then turned to face Hiroka and told him to go on, to which Hiroka nodded.

"This method is the shortest way to learn AEM, and only a very small number of people can achieve this.

The method is..." Hiroka paused.

"By getting yourself killed and wishing in your next life that you can finally learn AEM," Hiroka added coldly, making his classmates quiver in fear for on him due to his sudden change of demeanor. The cozy aura they imagined around him become frigid. 'How funny...' grinned Professor Keda.