Chapter 2.14 - The Girl name Yui

With a bright smile on her face, an adult woman who worked as the Magical Academy's doctor applied a bandage to the back of Riku's left hand.

The female doctor proceeded as she arranged the medkit box and threw the used pieces of cotton with little blood in the nearby garbage. "Already done. It will heal in no time."

On behalf of Riku, Hiroka said, "Thank you."

"Whenever you need my assistance, just come back."

After giving each other a nod, Hiroka and Riku leave the infirmary. As they make their way through and up the stairs to their classroom.

"We won't see her all the time," Hiroka assured Riku, knowing the source of his annoying facial expression.

Both were now standing in front of the door of the classroom. When Hiroka unlocked the door, the girl they had earlier seen at the cafeteria was waiting for them inside. Both Riku and Hiroka were surprised.

The girl grinned happily at them and said, "You're both here." From the girl's position, she had been waiting for the two boys to enter the classroom for a while.

She continued to smile at them while fully ignoring their surprise. She then turned to look at Riku's hurt hand. Her facial expression abruptly shifted totally.

As she bowed before Riku, she sincerely apologized for her prior behavior.

When their classmates inside observed this situation, they started whispering to one another. Except for some who are so friendly and converse with their seatmates, names weren't still known to one another.

'Is seeking attention when apologizing is truly necessary?' As he stared suspiciously at the noble girl in front of him, Hiroka had this thought.

Nobles generally seek perfection. For nobility, being flawless was the key to gaining the respect, admiration, and likeness of others. Usually, to make up for a feeling of being inadequate. Fear of failure, feelings of unworthiness, and anxiety over the unavailability of love. Nobles make every effort to keep their blunders from being exposed in public because of this. They are afraid of what will happen if they discover even the smallest faults.

But...There isn't a single person who was perfect at birth. Everyone is imperfect.No person is flawless.

Nobles who publicly apologized in public will experience a direct impact as a result of the revelation. Spreading information about their errors.

Nobles would just apologize in private to avoid public humiliation. However, if you have bad luck, particularly insulting someone more powerful than you, your life will end tragically.

A private apology helps people avoid being ridiculed for their errors or worse, especially aristocrats who have the power to harm the reputation of their own families.

However, for her circumstances, the girl who repented and bowed to Riku at a precise 90-degree angle was pretty brave. She was a noblewoman. For someone her age, doing it in public was pretty uncommon. She wasn't concerned about her shame.

Inside the classroom, the students examine the situation.

Some students were unaware of what had occurred to the three, but those with keen ears or many connections were aware.

With whispers of her mistake, news of the girl's carelessness and the injury to one other youngster who was present circulated widely.

Many classmates made fun of her, while others felt sorry for her or ignored her. But then, for whatever reason, the other classmates witnessed with their own eyes the sorry scenario. Her stance was a completely noble bow. In addition, she had a guilty expression on her face that caused several of the students who saw her desperately want to approach her, defend her, and protect her.

Hiroka had a twitch on his brow as he considered the students who saw her but did not understand her actual characteristics as blind. 'You all will regret it when you see her for who she really is.'

Then awaiting Riku's response, the students turned to face him. However, he gave no response, which caused several to frown at him.

Uninformed commoners simply sat still and observed. Some people were even anxious about what would happen next.

Since he first met the girl, Hiroka had been feeling curiously suspicious of her. In his world, he had always known that his intuition was sharp, and he had relied on it to prevent accidents since he was a small boy. He was frequently referred to as a "Lucky boy" by those who knew him. He still had that intuition right now. Hiroka was aware that he ought to keep his distance from her. As she was...Dangerous.

The girl who hadn't heard back from Riku sweatdropped, but she seized the opportunity to break the awkwardness as soon as it presented itself.

"Ah, I guess I should have introduced myself."

The girl then curtsied in their presence. She placed her right foot behind her left foot. Knees descend evenly and slowly. "My name is Yui... Yui Hotaru," she said after completing her word. happy smile at them.

When Hiroka heard her, his breathing hitched.

When noble students observed her position, they were astounded and filled with admiration. She became even more amazing and gorgeous upon seeing Yui. Except for those common people who don't know much, but even they were awestruck by her. They were aware that the basic curtsy is used by nobility to welcome and respect one another.

Additionally, students were shocked and wondered if she had said 'Hotaru.' The Hotaru family was familiar to noble people. Earl Gyeon Hotaru was well-known, and he cherishes spending time with his lovely daughter, who is his only daughter. Yui is hence the lovely daughter of Earl!

As Hiroka looked up at the beaming girl in front of her, he kept repeating the name "Yui" over and over in his head.

His hands unconsciously become a fist. How can Hiroka entirely forget the very crucial person in the story? His life was so happy, he forgot all about the girl he was supposed to be paying attention to. The one and only heroine!

'Of all the students with whom I first interacted, the heroine of all people!'

Hiroka then forced a smile on her. He introduced back with a bow of curtsy for men. Naturally, Yui, the heroine, was unaware of the phony smile, and everyone else who saw him had developed evident blushes on their cheeks. That much caused others to ignore Riku.

"I'm Hiro Isamu, and nice to meet you Lady Hotaru. And this is Riku Touma," Hiroka gestured to Riku.

Yui looked up. Hiroka was aware of her thoughts. She will undoubtedly believe that he has never heard of Isamu and Touma. Naturally, classmates inside the room did the same as Yui and raised an eyebrow. They weren't aware of their identity. They presumably were thinking, 'Never heard of them.'

Yui then beamed at them before clasping her hands." It's excellent to know your names, Lord Isamu and Lord Touma. I hope we get along well toge–" Yui interrupted herself, her cheeks looking pale. She bewildered Hiroka, and then Yui abruptly left to sit down. Some of the students inside also had pale faces and started to look away from them and in front of them.

Riku touched Hiroka on the shoulder before indicating that there was someone else behind them.

Professor Keda was gazing at the two of them with his signature frigid expression when Hiroka peered over at Riku, who was wearing the same expression. When Hiroka saw him, he gulped.

Quickly bowed to Professor Keda while apologizing. and drew Riku along with him to their seat, where they sat.