Chapter 2.41(Announcement) - Chapter 2.42(Songs from my Previous World)

Chapter 2.41

Professor stated to his students, "Good job for today," with a look of boredom.

Some were just relaxing and doing nothing, some were worn out from their training, some fought, and yet others wanted to train more.

The professor had called for them to return right away for an announcement, thus the training had already ended.

The professor turned to see if all of his students had already gathered in one location, and it appears that they had, with none lagging behind.

The professor's gaze briefly met Riku's before turning away.

Unable to resist, Riku balled his fist. He wants answers from him because he can't forget their conversation.

"Let's end this training session today.

Keep in mind that you will be concentrating on AEM training for a month starting from now on throughout my lesson.

I'll be around as usual to see how you're doing and to offer any advise you might need.

Since you have this training in a month, you will have plenty of time to get ready for the practical exam I'll be giving you the following month."

One of the male students asked, looking puzzled, "Practical exam?"

That being said, not only was the male student unaware of it, but the other students as well.

"Yes. A practical exam in which you and I shall spar using either magic or swords."

"!!!" Frightened, the students began whispering to each other.

"T-this, it's too early to pass away!"

"Don't speak so loudly. At this rate, we really are going to die..."

"Shall we give up?"

"We won't be able to finish school if we do."

Hiroka felt sorry for his fellow students. How frightening it was for them to be struck again on practical  exam by their professor's magic. Kind of serves them right as a result of their poor academic performance during his lectures.

Anyway, Hiroka knew about the practice exam.

In the novel, the practical exam that professor Keda was referring to was administered to all first-year students in order to select them for the competition in all subsequent years, either to prove their abilities against their professor or to have their professor recognize their abilities.

Throughout the book, Professor Keda selected both the heroine and Riku to compete in the competition.

It is a dual competition between magic and swords.

In the sword and magic competition, a 'token' will be awarded to the top ten competitors.

A token that allows entry to the royal celebration within the palace. And gets to meet the King and the Crown prince personally.

If Hiroka's memory serves him well, his brother, Hiro, placed first in the sword competition. Kiyoshi, who placed in the top two, came next. Riku, meantime, was among the top five.

In the magic competition, brother Daichi took first place, while Heroine placed in the top five.

Because the Heroine was successful in placing among the top ten and obtaining the token. She got to go to the royal celebration, where she got to meet the Crown Prince face-to-face and got to know him more.