Chapter 2.33 - "Thank you"

"Ugh..."

Hiroka's groan may be heard. He was sitting on his dorm room bed, touching his stomach. "I ate too much," he says.

Right now, The sky is already dark and peaceful. There weren't many glittering stars in the sky.

Hiroka and Riku had just arrived in their respective dorm rooms. They just finished celebrating in Kleo's dorm room 163.

Kleo sleeps alone in his dorm. There was no roommate, so they could make as much noise as they wanted and have fun together without bothering the other people. All they did was eat and speak about wonderful and amazing things.

During amusing talks in their celebration, Sheln praised Hiroka about the crystal obelisk earring on his left ear that struck her eye when they first met on the MEH, and Hiroka smiled and thanked her.

She added that she wished she could wear earrings like other girls but that she couldn't because they are so expensive and that she was rather afraid of having her ear pricked by a long needle.

Sheln questioned, pointing to his left ear, which was pierced with his earring, "Hiroka, does it hurt to prick it with a long needle?"

Hiroka responded as a light touched his earring that shines a little, "Actually, I wasn't prick with a long needle but was prick with a called 'piercing gun,' and it stings a little bit but it will soon go away.

"Piercing gun? What's that?" As Hiroka heard her, he began to look at her in confusion.

"...An item with earlobe piercing capabilities."

Sheln looked at her brother and asked, "Brother, do you know the piercing gun...? I've never heard or seen an object like that. Is it new?"

Kleo, who overheard her sister speaking, shakes his head in disbelief, saying, "I never heard that object or seen it. I only heard and saw that a long needle will be used to prick your ear in order to get to wear an earring."

'That's strange,' Hiroka thought bewilderedly. 'If they don't recognize that object, then what was that while he was receiving his earring? Was the thing just created, which may be why it is not commonly known?'

Hiroka was so preoccupied with the piercing gun and the enjoyable celebration that he failed to notice when his friend Kiyoshi excused himself and left. Kiyoshi didn't linger for very long before returning to his dorm to sleep. So Hiroka and Riku, the two siblings who remained to finish the celebration, were the only ones left.

After Kiyoshi left, Kleo was occasionally feeding Hiroka and Riku food, despite the fact that they told him they were already full but were still forced to consume everything. Sheln, his sister, was also forced to eat more. Kleo, his brother, told them that because today was their celebration, "NO FOOD SHOULD BE WASTED."

All they could focus on was getting out to Kleo's dorm as quickly as possible. It's a good thing they were able to flee when Kleo wasn't looking. They felt bad about leaving Kleo behind without saying anything, but Sheln claimed it was fine. She laughed as she walked to her dorm.

Now back to Hiroka, he was taking a sip of water as Riku brought him a glass of water. As he finished, he handed it back to him with a half-drunk glass of water, signalling he didn't want to drink any more, and said, "Thank you." Riku nodded and laid the glass down.

Hiroka leaned against the wall beside his bed, contemplating.

He should be thinking about what
song he will sing for tomorrow now that the party is over.

Hiroka is already sick of thinking about the 'piercing gun'. He'll just ask both Allea and Paladin about it when he has a chance to call or meet with them. He would better concentrate on the song for tomorrow.

'Now, what will I sing?' Hiroka pondered.

"What are you thinking?" Riku asked, noticing Hiroka's intense thought.

"The club president wanted to hear and see our talents in order for us to join the club successfully."

"With the highness, demonic prince?"

"That's right, we've already agreed to perform together tomorrow; I'll sing, and he'll play the instrument."

"Riku, do you have any suggestions?" Hiroka asked Riku if he had any thoughts on the music or about the song to perform.

Riku paused for a bit before shaking his head, indicating that he did not have one.

"I see..." Hiroka sighed and sat in bed, his head resting on his nice pillow.

"..."

Riku was staring at Hiroka's thoughtful expression. He was still lying on his own bed. Looking at him intently, It could be an illusion that he isn't a royal. When Hiroka is alone with him, he always acts like an ordinary person.

Right now, he acts like a sloth in bed that makes him sweatdrop. But he was already accustomed to this type of behaviour from him.

Anyway, He had been meaning to tell him something for a long time. But this time for sure. He'll tell him!

"Your highness..." Riku said, and Hiroka frowned at him for addressing him in honorifics rather than by his given name.

When Hiroka saw him, he was ready to remark something about not calling him 'highness,' but his words got stuck in his throat when he noticed Riku looking at him so seriously.

'This is the first time he looked at me this way since he started working.'

"...When I used to live in that dark alley and grew up there, I always thought how ugly the world was around me," Riku said, opening his lips.

"Every morning when I woke up. As I saw the same blue sky, It was always
the beatings and mockery I received from people that passed by, and the hunger that kept creeping up in my gut."

Hiroka remained silent and waited for him to speak.

"But...As I met you, Your highness, I began to see the world differently. You saved my life in that horrible place and met lots of good people in the castle. I began to see the beauty of the world around me."

"..." Hiroka was stunned into speaking.

"It's late, but I wanted to say... Thank you, your highness," Riku said as he bowed to him. Hiroka can't help but smile when he hears him.

"Riku, you must have wanted to say this to me all along; I'm glad you finally talked about how you felt. And...No, thank you for letting me help you!"

"..."

Riku hummed, "Mn..."

Riku merely turned away as Hiroka teased, "By the way, This is the first time I've heard you speak to me in a long sentence."