Chapter 2.39(Identity revealed) - Chapter 2.40(Improvement)

Chapter 2.39

"Who are you?" Riku sharply questioned.

"Your professor," was the direct response from Professor Keda.

'He's not wrong, but isn't this meant to be a serious topic?' Hiroka can only offer him a blank stare."

Upon hearing his response, Riku could only clench his teeth.

Professor Keda approached Riku and said, "I'm the same as you...A half elf," shocking Riku and Hiroka.

'This information is surprising! This was not at all included in the novel.'

"I suppose you're not even able to sense me, despite being half-elf.

I assumed that, at your age, any teen elf-even if they are half elves-can already sense the race in which they are born. I assume that you are unknowing of this."

"..." Hiroka could only see and listen to the conversation as Riku shot him a questioning glance.

"It's better to ask another time," Professor Keda said, sighing as he continued, "judging from your expression, you have a lot of questions to ask me."

Just as Riku was ready to object, Hiroka spoke.

"Is Professor, checking on us?"

Riku turned to face Hiroka right away.

who gave him a quick look and told him to stop talking, which instantly silenced him.

Riku believed that Hiroka was upset with him for keeping his half-elf identity a secret from him. However, Riku was merely misinterpreting Hiroka's ideas.

Although Hiroka recognizes Riku's curiosity, this is not the appropriate moment to discuss it.

He just wanted Riku to take a moment to calm down. Because Riku seemed certain that he would kill the Professor right then and there, holding the blade in front of him. Hiroka is baffled as to why he would behave in this way.

Hiroka understood that it is difficult when someone discovers your secret after you have been keeping it hidden.

Not only that, but Hiroka shouldn't hear this conversation taking place. Thus, it is best to discuss their topic after class.

"That's right, I've finished checking the others,"

"It appears that you are the only one of my students who has reached the AEM," Professor Keda said, fixing his gaze on Hiroka.

Whispering the last part, but Riku and Hiroka could still hear him, 'this must be what Ren was talking about.'

'Ren?' With a puzzled expression, Hiroka thought.

Professor Keda said, "For the time being, keep doing what you're doing and I'll call all of you when it's time," before turning to go.

Hiroka and Riku gazed at their professor's back until he disappeared from view.

The two remained silent and avoided speaking to one another.

Hiroka pushed back the question he wanted to ask Riku, noting that he isn't in the mood.

Riku raised his eyes to quietly look at Hiroka, feeling that the other party's eyes happened to miss his.

"I..."

At the same time, he heard Hiroka's voice, "That..."

Hiroka puffed out a small chuckle, Riku raised his head and looked at him helplessly.

Hiroka made a 'you first' gesture, Riku immediately explained, "I have my reason to keep it, Hiroka."

Hiroka hummed to him, "I know you have. I'm not forcing you to tell me. It's a private matter."