Chapter 26: A Duel (2)

*Clang!*

Around the Training Ground, the sound of swords can be heard. Two individuals engaged in a duel. Both of them were exhausted with so much sweat on their body. Riko has fewer scratches this time than last, while The Crown Prince has none.

The audience sat silently throughout the performance. It had been an hour...? The audience was blown away by their endurance. As a result, Allea, one of the member of the audience, brought a chair for The Second Prince to sit and watch. Of course, Paladin assisted him by carrying two chairs while Allea only had one. Hiroka was supposed to be the only one sitting, but when he pleaded with them to sit with him, they nodded and followed.

Paladin has known Riko's incredible strength, stamina, and speed since their first sparring, but he never imagined it would be this extreme.

It was the first time Paladin noticed The Crown Prince was tired. Riko, who was completely focused on the duel, managed to keep up with The Crown Prince and block the Crown Prince's heavy blows. It's not like Paladin couldn't do it, but it's been an hour. If it's an hour, Paladin won't be able to finish it with a match with The Crown Prince, it only took him 30 minutes.

Riko had only been practicing swordsmanship for two and a half months. Riko's ability to learn quickly and be talented in this area made Paladin astounded him.

Riko... was powerful from the start.

It takes years of training for some people to match The Crown Prince's strength, stamina, and speed. But they never succeeded and eventually gave up. With the exception of Paladin, he was able to keep up but never managed to scratch The Crown Prince, and also the Callisto's knights would never dare to do what Riko did. Because they knew they couldn't hurt the Crown Prince.

Riko had not been able to scratch The Crown Prince until now. It's been an hour already. They're both exhausted, but they're still fighting. The audience was wondering, 'When will they stop?' Hiroka and Paladin were both serious, and Allea's expression was worried.

'Are they both waiting for their bodies to tell them that it's time to stop?'

Meanwhile with Riko and The Crown Prince, "you've come a long way, but you're still lacking. You haven't laid a scratch on me, Riko" Haru, The Crown Prince said as he swung his sword above him but was blocked in time by Riko. Then they both take a step back and reposition themselves.

"You unexpectedly requested a duel with me, and I thought you were finally ready... I'm disappointed," Haru continued, charging forward in an attempt to surprise the opponent. Riko then used a sword to protect his front.

Riko replied, "I was prepared." and then took a step to the side and aimed for the Crown Prince's chest, but was blocked directly. The Crown Prince, Haru, then attempted a kick on him, which Riko blocked with both arms. Riko, on the other hand, felt some discomfort in his arms.

'His kicks are as strong as always, but...' Riko grinned, perplexing The Crown Prince.

"I think I should use it now," Riko said which made Haru grow increasingly perplexed, but he ignored it because he wanted the duel to end.

Unknowing others, Riko meant that he would use the Mana flow that he had recently achieved. He just didn't use it right away because he wanted to see how long his stamina would last in the duel before using the Mana flow.

Haru charged forward once more, but what happened next stunned him. Riko took a step forward and countered by swiping his sword with all his might.

The Crown Prince was used to charging forward to attack first, with Riko blocking his swings and countering next, but this time was different. To think, Riko would approach him. And then, It was certain that The Crown Prince noticed and felt it. He noticed a glowing sword and sensed the presence of mana on it. He was well aware that he was utilizing...Mana Flow. The Crown Prince was taken aback. He had no idea Riko was capable of using Mana flow.

Because of his shock, The Crown Prince almost forgot to dodge, and he was cut on the cheek as a result. There will be a severe cut on his chest if he does not dodge.

The wound was small, but it was deep. People watching the fight were shocked because it was bleeding nonstop. Hiroka, who was one of the startling individuals, soon grinned. Riko has truly succeeded in learning the Mana flow as he has calculated. The duel was won by Riko.

If Riko is capable of wounding the Crown Prince when the time comes then, they will duel. It's what they've been talking about since the first day of training. The Crown Prince told Riko that if he is capable of wounding him when the time comes, then, they will duel. If he succeeds, The Crown Prince will accept him as his younger brother's knight and entrust him to protect him for the rest of his life.

Haru, the Crown Prince, felt warm liquid on his hands when he touched the cut on his right cheek. He saw his own blood on his hands when he looked down. He was still stunned, but when he heard clapping, he snapped out of it. He searched for the source and discovered Hiroka. He was clapping and smiling at them, and his maid and vice-captain soon joined him in clapping.

He looked at Riko, who was still standing in front of him, panting profusely, but was also staring at the audience. The Crown Price quickly smiled and burst out laughing. Hiroka just sat in his seat, sighing at his brother's behavior, while Allea and Paladin walked back into the palace to call a doctor as ordered by Hiroka for his brother's wound.

Haru said, "I never thought you'd use Mana flow," and Riko just stared at him, waiting for him to continue.

"Let me guess...Hiro," Haru said, looking at his younger brother. Hiroka simply smiled, knowing exactly what his brother would say. The Crown Prince sighed as he saw his expression.

"Of course, Hiro would tell you about Mana flow," the Crown Prince said with a smile as he approached Riko. He grabbed his left shoulder and gave him a serious look as he approached. Riko just stared back, waiting for him to say something.

"You must protect my brother at all costs," the Crown Prince said solemnly.

"Of course, your highness," Riko responded solemnly, and The Crown Prince smiled before releasing his left shoulder and walking away.

"Keep training, Riko. You still have a long way to go. And your Mana flow isn't strong enough. Of course, I don't have to tell you that. After all, you already knew," the Crown Prince said as he waved goodbye. Walking in the direction of the palace.

Riko and Hiroka simply stared at him from afar, and then they stared at each other. Hiroka smiled and said, "Good job."

Riko smiled as he hummed and nodded.