Chapter 2.21 - MEH (7)

Maze... Certainly, the dungeon is a maze. They have been going round and round. Each person has noticeable forehead sweats that have rolled down to their cheeks. Walking back and forth through the dungeon had worn them out. In their minds, Hiroka's team surged in annoyance that they hadn't been told that the dungeon was a maze!

Following the mocking of the two aristocratic males on Hiroka's team, they had just come across more than ten paths that totally surrounded them in the dungeon. Hiroka, Sheln, and Kleo first struggled to decide which they would enter. The two noble males on Hiroka's side, however, simply pick whatever they want and proceed to go past them. Cheon Do didn't forget to tap Hiroka on the shoulder while he was still furious with him. As they continued along the third way, the Do's sneered behind them. Hiroka exhaled, maintained his composure, and brushed his shoulder away as Sheln and Kleo asked if he was okay to which he responded that he was fine.

They annoyed Hiroka. He really wished that they would be attacked by goblins since he intended to abandon them, but Hiroka understood the importance of the Hunt. Hiroka was aware that he would lose this hunt, yet it was still rated. He didn't want to be dragged down by their foolishness.

Hiroka told the siblings to just follow them due to the fact he has no other option. They were hesitant at first, but they soon followed. They came across one to five goblins along the path. They began to become accustomed to their attacks and now got rid of a goblin, although the pace of action is still slow.

Anyway, I'm here now. They returned to their starting point once more. They returned to the area, which is surrounded by more than ten pathways, for the eighth time. As they made their way back and forth through the dungeon, they encountered numerous groups of first-year students, so this time they weren't alone. They had expressions that were irksome and confused. Some of them even began to fight.

'What's this? We returned to the starting point!'

'Where are we suppose to go?'

'No matter where we go, it always comes back here!'

'I've been hunting goblins; now this! Already sweating and bloodstained from those disgusting creatures!'

'Why the fuss when it's only goblin blood? When the hunt is over, just wash it off!'

'What did you say!?'

'How are we suppose to get this done?!'

'This is already our third time!'

'Your third time!? Ours are already on forth!'

'Ours already on sixth!'

To be completely honest, Hiroka was equally as lost as the rest. The Heroine's origins were not mentioned in the book. According to novel, the Heroine was also back and forth in the maze and somehow kept making the same decisions up until she came across a large area with more than five goblins living there, and thus obtained her best score in the hunt.

Hiroka frown. Under his garments, he took the knife that had been given to him by his personal knight. He returned to the exit and used the knife to make a little 'X' on the wall to mark the spot where they had previously entered and crossed it off his list of places to go.

With beads of sweat on his forehead and a tired expression, Kleo asked his team, "W-where should we go next?"

"..."

Nobody had the guts to speak. They were aware of their own exhaustion, and some quickly began to consider giving up on further dungeon exploration.

As his legs eventually gave out, Cheon exclaimed, "Why bother? You go yourself commoner and get eaten by those ugly goblin." He knelt down on the rough floor, sweat trickling down his back as he hit the ground.

With what he stated, Kleo clenched his teeth. Ignoring him, he turned to face the other members of the team and waited for a response.

Park crossed his arms and leaned against the wall without saying anything. While he was relaxing, Kleo noticed his upset expression and turned to face his other teammates instead of making eye contact with him.

His sole chance for a response. Hiro was deep in thought and in his own universe.

As usual, the professor who was assigned to them was merely waiting and observing. Then he ran across a professor he actually knew, Keda Ikeda. He only recently came from the other side with his assigned team.

He waved, "Yo," and Keda saw him right away because of his tall stature and powerful build.

"Keda, how did your designated team do?"

Keda responded, "Nothing special...but," as he kept staring at his designated team, "I have an eye of those two."

Kim followed Keda's line of sight and noticed two tall men. "Hmm..." he said.

If Kim recalled well, his name was Riku Touma from 1-A. "Well you look at that, my student and yours," A tall man with gray hair and green eyes. He wore a sword around his waist and wore a serious face. Meanwhile, his pupil Kiyoshi de Ichiro was standing to his left. He was a demon prince from the demon realm who was only known to a select group of professors and, of course, some of the pupils who were also from the demon realm. He desired to be respected and to be
treated merely as a student, not like a prince.

Prince, one of his students, has entirely black hair, pale skin, and red eyes. sword that was worn around his waist. He looked serious as he placed his left palm on the handle.

"I already know about the abilities of my student Ichiro, and I'm starting to get curious and looking forward to your student Riku Touma's swordsmanship abilities."

Keda grinned evilly and added, "Heh, then I'm looking forward with your shocking expression then."

Other students will undoubtedly shudder in fear upon seeing Professor Keda's look. However, Professor Kim found Keda's face to be very amusing.

Keda noticed that Kim was laughing. Kim and Keda have known each other since they were little, and Keda has always struck Kim as having an odd demeanor. But as they became older, Keda stopped noticing Kim's odd behavior.