Chapter 11: I-I'm back...?

Allea, Paladin, Riku, and I were now in the carriage. We still have 5 minutes before we get home. I was seated next to Allea, with Paladin and Riku seated across from us. I was nervous and debating whether I should jump on the carriage and flee as quickly as possible. I also saw Allea and Paladin were more nervous than I was, but Riku seemed cool and perplexed as to why we were so nervous.

"U-umm, Your Highness. A-are you okay? You're trembling right now," Allea blurted out of nowhere.

"Allea, Speak for yourself. You're worse than I am," I said to Allea, who was shaking and staring out the window, unsure whether she should jump or not.

In Hiroka's memory, his father and brother were scary when furious. When they are angry, they resemble lions staring down on a trembling rabbit. Some of the servants trembled at the possibility of them becoming furious. There was a time in the host's memory when Hiroka did something he shouldn't have. He was sneaking into the kitchen every night to devour sweets when he was caught by his brother, who was training sword at the training ground late. He was scolded terribly and was never permitted to go near the kitchen or consume sweets again. Hiroka's brother was worried about him getting cavities. There was even one incident when he attempted to slip outside the palace and was caught by his father as he was about to return home. He, too, was scolded and was ordered to spend two days in his room.

'Just by remembering that, They just look like my childhood friend, Aki, when they get angry'

Yes. Aki, my childhood friend. To me, Aki resembles a sibling. He was protective to like the crown prince Haru, and he could grow angry like a lion.

"You see, your highness. His majesty, and his highness, the crown prince are so frightening when they are so enraged," Allea trembled.

"I agree with Allea, your highness, but the one who scares me the most is his highness, the crown prince. There was one time when we were having a fighting warm-up with the crown prince, and one of our individuals almost lost his arm and legs," Paladin stated, shivering in his seat. Allea and I gulped as we imagined brother severing the knight's leg and arms.

"We've arrived, your highness," the driver stated, causing me, Allea, and Paladin to jump. We breathed and inhaled before exiting the carriage. Paladin and Allea were the first to come out. Riku came next, and I was the last.

When we got out of the carriage. We spotted servants lined up and forming a route in the center where royalty will be walking at the center towards the palace's front door, Like in marriage.

"Welcome back, Your Highness," the servants replied as they bowed."

"It's good to be back," I almost stuttered while screaming in my thoughts, 'It's not good at all.'

Before I proceed to walk. I faced Allea and Riku.

"I'll leave Riku to you, Allea," I said.

"Yes, your highness," Allea said calmly, although I knew deep down she was panicking. 

We continue walking. I overheard some servant murmurs about Riku, but most of them were about me getting scolded by my father and brother. We were already standing in front of the door, waiting for it to open. Alfred, the butler, was standing beside the door when we arrived.

"Welcome home, your highness; his majesty and the crown prince are waiting for you on the other side of this door," Alfred said, and he noticed Riku, but he ignored him. I gave Alfred a nod on what he said and waited for him to open the door.

'Goodluck to myself'  I thought as I gulped.

Alfred eventually unlocked the door, and Allea, Paladin, Riku, and I followed him inside.

"Hiroka!" I heard my brother's voice, who didn't seem to be in a good mood. We spotted our father and brother not far from where we are. Father and brother crossed their arms and looked at us with disappointment.

Allea and Paladin were looking down at the ground, terrified, but Riku stood there calmly.

"U-umm, I-I'm back...?" I stammered, unsure whether I said it right. The vibe seemed a little scary. We just saw our father and brother glare at us coldly.

"Welcome back, son..." my father said, but he wasn't pleased.

"Bring the doctor," he added, and some of the servants who were watching us nodded in response.

"And Paladin and Allea, Please visit us in the office and explain the entire situation while you Hiroka...... Alfred will be guiding you in your room and will be examined by the doctor there; just by seeing blood in your clothes, I can tell you did something you shouldn't have done in your current condition. And the one you brought today..." My father continued, and Allea, Paladin, and Alfred bowed in response with a resounding 'Yes.' 

Father glared at Riku who glared at my father back without fear. Father was astounded by his bravery, "He will be guided by some of the maids to an empty guest room, where he will be given a warm bath, clothes, and food to eat." He added and left upstairs to go to his office while brother was still standing staring at us with disappointment, but I saw him looking at Riku with amusement that he stood so calmly glaring back at father. He then followed his father upstairs.

"Your highness, let us go to your chamber," Alfred said, and I agreed. I watched some maids bringing Riku into the guest room, while Allea and Paladin were headed to where my father and brother's office was. I saw them uncomfortable, but they still chose to go since they couldn't violate the king's order.

_____

When Alfred and I reached my room, some maids assisted me in warming a bath since I had been roaming around town all day. The maid then assisted me in changing, and this was also when we heard a knock on the door. "It's Alfred, your highness; I have brought the doctor that your father asked," Alfred said from the other side of the door.

"Come in," I said; as the door opened wide. Alfred and the doctor who checked me the last time came back to see how I was doing. His expression indicated that he was disappointed that my health was bad once again.