Chapter 31

Meanwhile, in a large bedroom, the first thing you'll notice is the chandelier illuminating the ceiling, which gives the area a royal appearance. The room combines extravagant shapes, bronze colors, and flowing curves, as well as one-of-a-kind details in the side cabinet and bed. Although the extravagance may easily be tailored to match the personality, the drapes placed across the bed make it more visually appealing. The bedroom features a dresser, one bedside desk, a chair, and a pouf, as well as a giant floral frame right next to the window.

The Crown Prince was sitting on his desk on the far right side of the bedroom, examining some papers he had been holding since this morning. His eyeglasses relaxed above his nose, and his eyes moved from left to right, repeating the procedure. The bandage that was supposed to be on his right cheek has gone. The wound had already healed, but a minor scar had been left behind.

He was reading The King's report on the paper he was reading. It was a report about the spy who poisoned his younger brother, Hiroka.

So far in the investigation, they have not apprehended the mastermind. But all they knew from the spies was that the poison was meant to be him, the Crown Prince, rather than his younger brother. The mission to murder him was a failure, but Callisto still suffered as a result.

The Crown Prince scowled and held his head in his seat. He was so preoccupied with reading the report that he didn't realize it was already noon, but it was a good thing a servant knocked on his door and told him it was dinnertime.

"It's time for dinner with the family, Your Highness."

The Crown Prince, set the papers down and replied without looking, merely holding his head. He was under a lot of pressure.

"I'll be there in a second."

Before leaving his room, the servant understood and bowed. When the servant left his room, he sighed and rose, taking his eyeglasses off and placing them above the papers on his desk. And then he left his room.

As the Crown Prince made his way to his destination. His father and younger brother were already waiting for him, exactly as they had the day before his younger brother was poisoned. Just thinking about it made him upset, but he quickly snapped out of it when he heard his little brother's voice call him.

"Brother, if you keep spacing out there, the meal will become cold."

The Crown Prince approached them at the table after his younger brother finished speaking and sat alongside Hiroka as usual.

Hiroka, seeing his brother's scar on his right cheek that had fully healed, felt sad for his now-personal knight who had injured his gorgeous face, yet his brother could be cool at times. Hiroka had just considered returning the scar to normalcy but was worried about being discovered...

The Callisto Family then began dining joyfully together as a family.

_____

The Crown Prince was seated on his desk in his own office when the knock came.

"Come in," Haru replied, placing some old and new papers including invites to parties or even marriage proposals from other aristocracies on the table. The Crown Prince was uninterested. He simply gave them a passing glance before burning them all.

Some even wanted to see his younger brother because no one has ever seen his face. Even in the academy, some ask him about his little brother's appearance or say lovely things about him, even though their true intentions were to tease him on the inside. 'Perhaps his face was ugly? ', 'Perhaps the little sibling was unloved? ', or 'Perhaps the Callisto family did not want The Crown Prince's brother to exist? ' or even 'Perhaps the younger brother was sick?' ...' Those were aristocrats' foolish assumptions in their blasted heads.

Anyway, when the door was opened, Paladin, the vice-captain, was exposed. Paladin greeted him as he closed the door.

"Exactly as you said, your highness, Asher did spar Riku," Paladin remarked.

"It figures... with that Asher personality of his," Haru groaned.

"Asher also discovered Riku's ability to do Mana flow, and they're both currently training at the training ground."

"I see..."

Paladin who saw The Crown Prince's annoyed look soon figured out what was on his mind as he noticed dozens of envelopes and papers on his desk. Paladin then excused himself in his office to not further disturb The Crown Prince and then finally closed the door.

The sky was already darkening as The Crown Prince worked on some envelopes on his desk. Until the night finally came, Haru had finished all of the envelopes from the bothersome nobles who continued sending him invitations and marriage proposals despite his refusals.

The envelopes were now stored in a huge box. The Crown Prince rose from his seat and looked out the window, noting how late it was because the sky was already dark. He groaned, collected the box, and exited his office.

As he was closing the door behind him, he noticed a servant passing by and called them.

"Throw everything to the hearth," the Crown Prince said as the servant bowed and walked away to the hearth.

The Crown Prince then proceeded to his room to finally slumber, but not before changing into his sleeping robes and sleeping on his clean and soft bed. However, an intruder will barge in the middle of the night, unbeknownst to him.