Chapter 2.16 - Monster Exploration Hunt (2)

Hiroka stood awkwardly as he watched his teams. The team already has five members each. Some had already met, some were slowly introducing themselves to each other, some got along and some did not.

As he looks over his teams, Hiroka is hesitant about what to do. Two arrogant young men from 1-C named Cheon and Park are on his team. The other two members, a boy, and a girl looked on with nervous eyes. SheIn and Kleo from 1D.

When Hiroka spotted Riku among the first-year students, he sighed. Riku was partnered up by the Demon Prince and other of his troops were talkative. Riku and the Prince simply disregarded one another and the other teams' attempts to interact with them. Riku and he were split into teams. Since his job was to always watch after him, Riku was having trouble with it.

Hiroka simply informed him of their lack of other options and accepted it. They're gonna be also a professor who will be with them so it's safe. Riku attempted to speak, but Hiroka had already left to meet his team, forcing Riku, who had no other option, to meet his own.

Hiroka heard the arrogant Park say, "Why are you three so anxious? We can just slay those ugly goblins."

"They're just cowards," Cheon responded, adding to the group's arrogance.

"Oh, whatever. My name is Cheon Do, and I am the eldest son of the Do family of Baron."

"What are your names, everyone? I'm Park Do, the second son of the Do Family of Baron."

'The 'Baron Do' Now that I see, I understand why they are so haughty.'

Kleo introduces himself and the female next to him, saying, "Good to meet you. This is my twin sister SheIn." He bowed before the Do's while holding his sister's hands.

"Oh, well, you two are just commoners, tsk," said Park.

Cheon asks, looking at me this time with little curiosity, "What about you?"

Hiroka hesitated before responding, "Good to meet you, Lord Do's," as he gracefully bowed to them and introduce as 'Hiro Isamu'. His teammates are stunned as they observe him.

Hiroka had a poker face as Park said, "A noble? Yet he appears like a commoner."

Cheon grinned and responded, "Hmm...Your lot better than those two," pointing to Kleo and Sheln who were now profusely sweating at his words.

Cheon said, examining Hiroka's body from head to toe, "But still, you are weaker than those two." Hiroka's forehead twitched inexplicably, but he suppressed it.

Hiroka asked, "Should we hold a meeting before the hunt begins? I want to start by talking about what we would do," to which Kleo and his sister both nodded in agreement.

Park and Cheon who heard him laughed, Hiroka smiled calmly at them while Kleo and Sheln were confused by their laughing. " If it's possible, is this your first time hunting," Cheon said in response.

"It is my first time." - Hiroka

Kleo questioned, "Umm Lord Do, Aren't all first years doing it for the first time?"

"Except for us, commoner! Because we're aristocrats, we have more experience than you have." - Park

"I-I see," Kleo says

Choen grinned, "Because we're experienced, how about letting me carry you three."

Sheln and Kleo asked with confusion, "Carry?"

Hiroka as well was confused, 'What are they planning?' He gave it considerable thinking.

"Despite the fact that we are both first-years," Park confidently said, "We have hunting experience."

Hiroka questioned with doubt, "I heard that monsters only dwelt underground in this Magical Academy. How precisely did you get experience from hunting monsters when they only existed in this academy?"

Park responded irritably, "We hunt wild animals like boars and bears."

Sheln questioned, "B-but aren't animals and monsters different?"

"Goblins are just like wild animals in that they are extremely weak, ugly, lack intelligence, and only act according to instinct." — Cheon

"..."

"Unfortunately, you three are so inexperienced and weak that it will be tough for you to defeat creatures." - Park

"If you like, we will assist you in hunting goblins..." - Cheon

"We'll assist you if you just give us a specific sum of money. - Park

"Around two platinum coins..." - Cheon

Hiroka was looking them in the eye with seriousness, and Kleo and Sheln's eyes were wide with shock.

Kleo questioned, "Isn't it too much?"

When Kleo cringed at Cheon's harsh glare and backed away a little to protect his sister Sheln, Cheon responded, "Of course not."

"Carrying..." Hiroka said as Cheon and the others gazed up at him, waiting for him to continue.

Hiroka asked them icily, "If I say no...Then what happens," which made Park and Cheon shudder a little but they didn't back down as they gazed at him back.

"If you say no?..." Cheon asked again as he turned to face the icy eyes of Hiroka in front of him.

Sheln and Kleo, who could feel the cold, began to sweat.

Park and Cheon responded with a phony smile, "Of course, we won't do it! Because we're only trying to help out inexperienced like you!"

'You'll help? Do you really expect me to believe that? With the kinds of looks you're having,' Hiroka had this thought

Hiroka can tell Cheon and Park apart by their aims. A look that clearly says, 'Let them go ahead. We'll delegate the dangerous parts to them. After all, we're experienced students here, so why waste time on someone? '

'We'll make good escorts, no more like meat shields.' Hiroka thought with a serious glance.

"Ahem..." The team heard a voice and immediately looked in the direction they heard it. They observed a masculine tall adult man with red hair there. Sporting a professor's robes and a sword at his waist.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Warren Kim, and I am the assigned professor that will look after you during your hunt."

'Warren Kim?'

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Professor!"

"Pleased to meet you, sir!"

"We'll be under your supervision, Professor."

'Oh, yes, I remember.' Hiroka reflected as he respectfully glanced up at Professor Kim.

Warren Kim is a swordsmanship instructor at the Academy. He was later introduced in the book, but only briefly. He's a dear friend of Brother's and looks after him in the swordsmanship club.

Professor Kim caught Hiroka's eyes as he smiled at him.