Chapter 7: Festival (2)

Allea had given the owner some gold coins, which my father had given me. The salary was a little on the expensive side, but that was no problem for us. The owner was taken aback by our wealth. This also happens with the other sellers.

"Here you go," said the owner as he handed me three darts.

"You only have three chances. All you have to do is throw the darts at the balloons. Some of the balloons have silver and gold little cards inside, which contain rewards! Silver cards are for candy, while gold cards...well, that's a secret. Gold cards are jackpots, you'll find out soon," the owner explained.

Allea cheered, "You can do it, your highness." I took a big gulp. The balloon was quite a distance away from me.

' Is it possible for me to throw that far? I've never thrown a dart before...'

I feel presence on my side. When I looked to my left, I noticed Paladin.

"Your highness, by holding a dart, place your index finger on the dart and find the spot where the dart is level; support that position with your thumb from above, and lightly support the dart with your other fingers; then your position must be balanced form that makes it easy to adjust the position of your legs and how you position your center of gravity, and makes it easier to aim." Paladin instructed, I gave him a nod and followed his instructions. Holding the dart in the appropriate posture and in a balanced position.

"That's all, your highness," Paladin continued, "Now take a deep breath, relax, and concentrate on the balloon; then, with the dart you're holding, pop the balloon." I did as he instructed, inhaling deeply, relaxing, and concentrating on the balloon.

'Concentrate.....concentrate'

Paladin has already walked away from me. That means I did the appropriate action. I took a few breaths in and out before throwing the first dart.

"POP!"

"Wahh, you highness, you did it," Allea cheered, but then the owner says, "Empty!" indicating that there was no little card inside.

'That's alright, I still have two left.'

I threw the second dart to the balloon just as I did earlier. "POP!" 

I popped another one but, "EMPTY!" I heard the owner says, I even saw him smirk. I clicked my tongue. I'm not sure where I'll pop the next balloon. There are balloons all over the wall, but only a few of them contain little cards. So where is it?

'Ugh, I'm not sure. I'm just going to toss the dart wherever the balloon is.' I threw the dart and the balloon popped, just as it had earlier.

"POP!"

*Sigh*, 'Of course the balloon is empty, too-'  I was interrupted in my thoughts by the owner's load voice, "JACKPOT! It's a gold card!"

'eh?'

"You did it, your highness," Allea and Paladin said, clapping their hands to congratulate me.

"Hey," said the owner, who was holding a little box. "Here," he said, handing me the box, which I accepted.