Chapter 8: Searching...

*sigh*

'I can't believe I'm separated from Allea and Paladin.'

Earlier, after the Dart game, I told Allea and Paladin that we would continue looking around town further because we still hadn't visited other places, but suddenly It became crowded. It means that the parade has just ended.

FLASHBACK

"Y-your highness, please hold my hand," Allea said, raising his voice. I was going to grab for her hand when I have abruptly pushed aside.

"Your highness!" yelled Paladin, and Allea.

"A-Allea! Paladin!" I yelled.

"Your highness! Where are you?!" I heard Paladin called

"I'm here—" I attempted to yell, but my words were cut off when I coughed unexpectedly. I wasn't coughing blood, just a regular cough. I may have yelled too loudly because my throat began to hurt. I tried to push forward to the crowd, but I was met by pushback until I reached the farthest corner of the crowd. I don't see Allea or Paladin anywhere. I tried calling their name's again, but there was no response.

FLASHBACK ENDS

That's what happened, and now I'm truly here on the sides of the crowd. I didn't notice Allea and Paladin since there were so many people passing by.

'It appears that I'll just have to wait for Allea and Pala-'

'Wait...I think I've forgotten something.' I just remembered that I had a very essential task to complete. Apart from having a good time at the festival... While thinking, I circled around and crossed my arms. 

...

...

...

'I forgot about Riko Touma!' I panicked in my thoughts. I was supposed to find Riko before the heroin in this festival. How could I be so naive as to miss that hidden character? I can't believe I forgot about him because I was so preoccupied with the event.

'Whatever it takes, I have to find him.'

I began strolling down an alley.

'I apologize, Allea... Paladin... I can't stay here for longer; I need to find Riko as quickly as possible before the heroine finds him.'

When I turned the corner, the alley was dark. Even though it was dark, I could still see through the alley. The alley was a mess. There was trash everywhere.

In my past life, several homeless people lived in dark alleyways. It's a pity they have to live like this. It was completely unjust to them. It's quite difficult to live in an alley. Begging for money and even searching for food in the trash. Their health is poor. I was hopeful that the government would take this situation seriously, but it was still ignored. So maybe this will lead me right to Riko.

...

...

...

_____

'Are you kidding me?!'

I've been looking and looking, turning and turning through the alleys. And now I'm absolutely lost and unable to find him.

*sigh*

I turned another corner and came to a halt. It was a dead end alley. I believe I already have a tick mark on the corner of my forehead.

"Hey," I heard a voice from behind me say. When I turned around, I noticed two people. I couldn't see their faces because it was dark. When they walked forward, I noticed two tall men. One was slender, while the other was chubby. Wearing clothing that are simple and wrinkly. I could tell that there were ordinary people, or perhaps a commoner.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"We're simply ordinary people passing by; we've seen you several times already; where you lost?" the chubby said.

'That's funny, I was quite certain no one was passing by...strange,' I thought suspiciously 'For the time being, let's just stick to the talk.'

"Yes, I am. Could you kindly help me in getting back to where people are?"

"Sure, but only on one condition," the slim said.

"C-condition?" I inquired, confused.

"Yep, everything isn't free, you know."

'These people...'

"You should pay us money, considering what you're wearing even though we can't see your face; you're a noble, aren't you?" grinned the fat men. I could hear them giggling beneath their breath.

"I'm sorry, but I don't have any," I apologized with a straight face.

"Are you kidding me?" the slim snarled.

"No, I'm sorry, but I don't have anything to offer you," I replied.

"Then...How about that sparkly object glowing in your ear?" I was taken aback by what he said.

'Glowing?....Oh, yeah, my earing' 

I forgot I had an earring on. This is a gemstone luminescence crystal. It is difficult to find and incredibly expensive, just like the owner of the Dart game said. It truly is worth million, but I can't just hand it over to them. I've been working my tail off in the hopes of winning the lottery.

'Well, even though I simply threw the last dart anywhere in the balloon wall, Tehee,'

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that; I just won this prize and have been working my butts out to get the jackpot," I apologized again with a straight face. I was correct; these individuals were not ordinary people, but robbers.

"Well, too bad, kid; we're going to steal that from you, even if it means your death."

'Serously? These people are way too much.'  On the inside, I began to panic, but on the surface, everyone can only tell that I'm calm.

"Are you sure about that? People might find out," I asked.

"HAHAHAHA, don't worry. People don't know. This is a dark alley section, so no one may be passing by." The fat laughed, then lifted his arms and chanted something. And little blue liquids appear in front of his hands, he's a water user and...

'Chant Magic...?'   Right, I've read the book on Hiroka's shelves; and only the weak once chant like the commoner. Those who can't contain themselves and those who are weak, such as commoners, merely chant. If they don't, they won't be able to wield or control their power. I had completely forgotten about this information.

When the water was about to hit me, I quickly ducked. They are weak and cannot inflict much damage on nobles, but with assault magic like theirs, they can completely damage my body in my current state.

Another water attack was coming from me, but luckily I was able to avoid it again. 

"You stupid, help me out here!" exclaimed the fat to his partner.

"B-but, I still don't know how to control it much yet," screamed the slim, and I heard the chubby click his tongue. The fat chants another and attacks, but I still manage to avoid them. 

"F*ck, quit dodging, will you?" shouted the chubby.

'I can't stay here much longer; I need to get out.'