Chapter 34: Birthday

Days passed; Hiroka continued to go about his life as usual, as did Riko, who was now undergoing training alongside Asher and the other knights.

Hiroka only stopped by to see what Riku was up to at the time he met Asher at the knights' training center. He had the same initial reaction to him as when he first encountered Paladin.

Hiroka has recently come to the realization that The Crown Prince's faithful knights are Paladin and Asher. Paladin and Asher weren't presented in the book; it was only noted that they were two of the most devoted knights and had a deep bond with the Crown Prince in Callisto.

Although Allea, his maid, was not introduced or addressed in the book, she was dependable and compassionate. As would be anticipated of the King who made his second son's choice.

Anyhow, The King was already aware that Hiroka had been gifted with Light Magic thanks to his first son. The following day on that, Hiroka's father unexpectedly entered his room and hugged him so tight that he nearly passed out from lack of oxygen.

The King wept joyfully on his shoulder, which caused Hiroka to behave in a sweaty manner. Even though the story characterized King's attitude as being cold-hearted, Hiroka was still not used to his new father acting like a child.

*

Highsun in twenty-six (June). Hiroka, the birthday of the Second Prince has finally arrived. As usual with Hiroka, there won't be a party open to the public in the castle. Then, though, his brother and father unexpectedly entered his room and asked him if he wanted a big party to celebrate his birthday.

When it was clear that there would be no public celebration, Hiroka wondered why he had asked him that question.

The original host forbade the young Hiroka from celebrating his birthday in public. When the original Hiroka once questioned the King and Crown Prince about why they felt it wasn't safe for him, they just responded, 'It's for your own good,' without offering any other details. The young Hiroka was depressed, but he was still enjoying himself while his family and the castle servants helped him celebrate his birthday.

But then, the current Hiroka had revealed to the King and the Crown Prince how lonely he felt by himself in the palace when there was a festival held. Due to these modifications, The King and the Crown Prince, decided to ask Hiroka for his happiness after he had previously spoken to them about his feelings of loneliness and envy toward others.

When Hiroka first heard this, he was astonished, but quickly he shook his head to deny it, saying that he merely wanted to rejoice with his family and the servants, which caused the King and the Crown Prince to smile and feel relieved.

Even in his previous life as Kenta Bernard, Hiroka was not particularly fond of public celebrations, and he didn't even want to celebrate his birthday at a party with strangers.

*

POP!

Hiroka heard a pop around his ears as he noticed Allea and a few maids using a tiny party popper, or as they are known in this world, a "Pop Pop Surprise."

They were enjoying a garden full of gorgeous blooming flowers and a wind that sang in their ears.

"Happy Birthday Hiro!"

"Happy Birthday Son"

"Happy Birthday Your Highness!"

Hiroka overheard his brother, father, Riku, Paladin, Allea, some servants, and a knight he had grown close to say happy birthday to him at the same moment.

Hiroka bowed to them like a prince and said, "Thank you, everyone," with a smile on his face.

Hiroka's father whispered, "Can't believe that my second son is already Fifteen," but Haru heard him and stroked his shoulder.

"Father, please hold off on any nostalgia until after our celebration."

When the King gave his first son his approval and twice clapped his hands, several servants emerged carrying trays of food and desserts.

Asher, who could be a bit rude and obstinate, consumed a lot of the meat that was placed on the table. He wasn't sharing at all with the other knights, which caused some of his close friends to quietly chuckle out loud over his need for flesh.

The Callisto king and the Crown Prince conversed about politics in their realm while sipping wine.

The party was entertaining. As everyone celebrates with excitement and happiness and forgets their troubles, it brings people closer together.

*

Now that night had fallen, the stars could be seen and were beginning to shine splendidly outside.

The party had already come to an end. Some of the guests, including knights and servants, drank and slept in the garden. Since it was their brother's birthday and the King and Crown Prince didn't want to dampen the celebration, they left them alone instead of reprimanding them.

Additionally, a stunning two-wheeled carriage was also spotted outside the palace. The Crown Prince's belongings were being packed onto the first carriage by some servants while other people's belongings were already present.

The future duke was spotted waiting for his friend, the Crown Prince, outside the second carriage.

Then, some of the servants' ears could now hear a shoe tap. When they raised their heads, they noticed their own Crown Prince standing next to The Second Prince and The King. Servants bowed to them and await The Crown Prince's return to the Magic Academy.

When Hiroka sadly said, "Brother, you must write a letter back," Haru stroked him on the head and answered, "Sure, I'll write a letter when I arrive at the academy."

Haru took his hands back over Hiroka's head and entered the carriage first, followed by his companion Daichi, whose door had already been opened by the driver, as Hiroka smiled at him.

As the carriage was already beginning to move away from Hiroka, The King and the servants who were standing by, Hiroka yelled, "Have a safe travel!"

After receiving a wave from each male, the carriage finally was no longer visible to onlookers.