Chapter 25: A Duel

Two and a half months had passed since Riko began his sword training with The Crown Prince. Riko has gained more sword experience than he had previously. He almost scratched The Crown Prince's face, but The Crown Prince dodged in time, making Riko irritated with himself for still lacking some training.

On the other hand, Hiroka is always found inside the palace. His routine included eating with his own family, studying with his own tutor, going to his room to relax, drinking tea, exercising his body and magic, and, of course, coming to visit and watch Riko train with his brother, Haru, The Crown Prince.

Hiroka, of course, used the blessing he had received from the God of Light in his room to heal himself once a week for a month.

Hiroka could feel his own body gradually improving, but it wasn't enough. He still has a long way to go to fully heal his own body. Hiroka still felt some discomfort in certain areas of his body and he coughed up blood even while using light magic to heal his body. As a result, it requires more time to heal and use light magic.

Eric Astro, the King and the father of The Second Prince, and the Crown Prince were always in his own office. He is preoccupied with his work and occasionally goes near a window to get some fresh air and relax from his stressful work. He was, of course, accompanied by his butler, Alfred. Giving him assistants.

On the Training ground, it was always the same. Where Riko and The Crown Prince were training. Riko, who always woke up at 3 AM to learn Mana flow until 6 AM, and at exactly 7 AM, Riko, and The Crown Prince begin sword training until almost noon. And then resume at 1 PM or 2 PM until almost midnight.

When The Crown Prince has an important task, Alfred, the vice-captain knight, pays Riko a visit in the late afternoon, and the two train together.

No one knew where The Crown Prince went, of course.

Hiroka, the Second Prince, once asked the butler, Alfred, where his brother was when he was looking for him to ask about his studies. Alfred's only response was that his brother had gone somewhere with his father. Hiroka only nodded and did not inquire further.

When his Father and Brother came home, Hiroka noticed something odd about their behavior. But he didn't ask where they went because his father and brother just smiled at him as if nothing had happened. His Brother, Haru, was even odder. After the talk of Daichi Goro, the future Duke, and his brother. He sensed his brother's gaze on him at times. Riko always felt the seriousness in his brother's eyes whenever they ate dinner together or when Riko and his brother had a sword break, or even if they happen to run into each other in the hall. When he tried to look at his brother and say, "What's wrong?" The Crown Prince simply turned away, as if he didn't see him staring at him at all. He was a complete oddball.

Anyways, except for The Second Prince, no one knew Riko's method for learning Mana Flow. After all, Hiroka was the one who informed him of the technique.

Riko was putting a lot of effort into learning Mana flow and training his swordsmanship his hardest with The Crown Prince.

Hiroka was well aware that doing this routine daily would cause muscle spasms and fatigue. He intended to tell Riko to take a break. He needs to rest in order to replenish his energy and avoid becoming exhausted by the tasks ahead of him. But, because of Riko's serious expression and the lack of signs of exhaustion, Hiroka remained silent and watched silently.

At present, Hiroka was sitting on his bed in the afternoon, reading some random books that he had recently picked up from the bookshelves in his room. Someone unexpectedly knocked on his door.

"Come in," Hiroka said, his gaze fixed on a book he was reading.

Allea, his maid, appeared as the door opened. "Your highness, I just wanted to inform you that Sir Riko has requested a sword duel with The Highness, The Crown Prince."

"What?" Hiroka paused in his reading and looked at Allea, stunned.

Riko only spared his brother in order to gain more experience in swordsmanship. Now is the time for Riko to challenge his brother to a duel. Hiroka deduced that Riko had succeeded in mastering the Mana flow. but...

'Isn't it too early for a duel? 'Just because you learned Mana Flow doesn't mean you can win,' Hiroka reasoned as he took up the bookmark beside him, which had been given to the original host by his brother, and placed it between the pages where he had come to a halt, before closing the book and rising from his bed.

"Let's go see," Hiroka said as he and the maid walked out of his room.

They finally made it to the training ground. Riko and the Crown Prince were already preparing to fight. Only Paladin was present to observe them.

"Greetings, Your Highness," Paladin bowed as Hiroka approached, and a small blush appeared as he saw Allea, but it quickly faded as if nothing had happened.

Allea expressed her concern, "Is it going to be okay?"

Hiroka responded, "I think it'll be fine...," but he sounded unsure.

"Riko will be fine; he was serious about having a duel with The Crown Prince," Paladin assured, smiling. When the maid and the Second Prince see this, they relax, but deep down they are still concerned.

"To think you came to me and asked for a duel. Are you that ready and can finally lay a scratch on me?" The Crown Prince said to Riko, who was both unaware that some people were watching them. Riko just nodded at what The Crown Prince said to him with seriousness in his facial expression.

"Then you better," the Crown prince said, "Because if you don't, I won't let a knight like you, who my brother requested, stand by his side to protect him who is weak; I'd rather find someone who can lay a hand on me, and I'll send you back where you came from," The Crown prince continued, and so...the duel began.