Chapter 26: It's been a while

I was deep into my thoughts after reading Akashi’s journal. Here I am walking toward the gym, and remembering that Haizaki is a member of the basketball club. I stop on my tracks hesitating if I should go there or not. I already knew this was to happen, so I must walk forward! Besides Kazunari-kun is there!

“Ah! Good afternoon Yu-chan!” Kazunari–kun uttered as I smiled at him. I then look around to see that everyone is present except for a certain grey haired bastard. Forgiveness, Yukino! That is necessary! It will set you free from other heavy things!

“Eh? Where’s Haizaki-senpai?” I ask them still looking around, Imayoshi-senpai look at my direction fixing his glasses. I could see a mischevious smile there, he’s having the wrong idea of me still not over that bas- grey head.

“He usually skip practices… well, he only comes here in games and when he’s in the mood.” He explained as I sighed. I then turned my back on them exiting the gym.

“Wai-wait! Yukino-chan you’re not going to-“ Moriyama can’t continue his sentence, I then smiled at him.

“Past is past Moriyama-senpai.” I then skipped out of the gym looking for the one and only grey haired teen in this university.  I did saw him easily, on the place where we first met. It’s been a while since I last saw him so I’m kinda hesitating to call him out.

I found a basketball down the ground, I stared at it for a couple of minutes before picking it up. I toss it up in the air, I then catch it then threw it at his direction. It hit him without  a fail, bull’s eye!

“What the fu-“ he cut himself off as he stared at me with confusion, I just stared at him coldly. “Yukino?”

Silence was my reply, he sighed inwardly as he pick the ball up and let it spin on his index finger before smirking. I just stared at him. That smirk was the same smirk he had when I slap him. If I haven’t recovered it might be my greatest pleasure to slap him in the face again.

“Still into me eh?” He toss the ball toward me as I effortlessly catch it, he then crossed his arms as I then threw the ball away. I then close my eyes, knowing that seeing his face and how he presume things are rather annoying.

“You see Haizaki-senpai, I became the basketball club’s manager lately, even if I’m not the captain or the couch, as a manager I have to manage things up and make sure the players do their best.” I uttered staring at him coldly straight into the eye, he brought my old self back, he should be the first one to taste it. But just today, if I can manage to smile at him again, I probably would. “I’m not into you or anything, but recently my friends had been assigned in different schedules so I’m kinda bored, so I joined the basketball club as the manager.”

“I see… I guess it’s my fault why your eyes turned that cold.” I turned my back on him.

“Glad you know.” This eyes display coldness now, not a flaring sun like on the day my heart fell into pieces, not blank like the day I wanted to die because of him. I hope this gaze would be gone on him sooner or later. There was a tint of guilt in his eyes, I just can’t say if I’m hallucinating or seeing the truth. “And I’d be more glad if you understood why I’m here.”

I walk ahead of him as he was 5 meters behind me, I saw my three beloved friends along the way confuse and shock as their jaws fell drop, I then pick my phone from my pocket and text them that I’ll explain everything later, they didn’t know that I joined the basketball club. Seems like I need to apologize to them sooner or later.

I entered the gym with confetti falling down from above, they shine as they differed in color. It was Kazunarie-kun’s doing as there was a shock, glad something on the team’s faces. They were all staring at us. Lol XD

“It’s a miracle!”- Kazunarie-kun

“We should celebrate!” Kotaro-senpai

“He actually came?!” Moriyama-senpai

“Welcome Haizaki!” – Imayoshi-senpai

“Oi what have you eaten!?”-Wakamatsu-senpai

I then smiled slightly on them giving Haizaki the same smile, he blink with my sudden actions, opening to the fact on how I acted on him earlier he must be surprise, and didn’t saw that coming. “Go ahead and win the nationals~!”

“Yosh!”

The practice was fine, everything went smoothly.  

The couch dismiss us early as I was the last one to leave the gym for I have to make sure the whole place is well cleaned even though Imayoshi-senpai insisted that others should do it, but I’m fine with it. I just want to do it for some reason, I don’t even know why.

“Hey.” I exited the gym to see Haizaki-senpai there. I just told myself forgivness is necessary, so I should act the same before we had an relationship. Nothing but club mates or schoolmates that’s how it should be.

“What is it Haizaki-senpai.” I slightly smiled at him, erasing my cold demeanor shortly.

“How has it been since that day.” After you broke my heart, why not ask yourself?

“Things went fine, Akashi-kun was the one who help me to go back up… and since your family is rich, you might know it sooner or later.” I then look away from him. “We jump into conclusion that is 90 percent sure, a conclusion that our parents might engage the both of us.”

Awkward silence -_-“.

“You don’t actually have to worry, all you need to do is act the same way you always do, and I’ll just be me.” I told him, trying a reassure him. “I can forgive but I can never forget.” I left him, he at least became a part of my life so I must at least thank him to.

I wish he won't be apart of it a little longer...

but to be honest, when i saw him... my heart is pounding so loudly without me knowing why...

~*^_^*~

I'm actually ten chapters ahead of this XD lol the internet is just sp damn slow so i just type till my heart content. this will probably be the longest story i had wrote so far... my other finish stories are 30k plus words but this story in my side is already 40k+ hope it'll reach 50 to be considered as a novel :3 

so on see you until the net is fast again! 

(it took more than 20 error warning before i was able to post this piece! -_-)