Chapter 32: Winter's Coming

I blink more than twice as I saw a bright light before me. I was in a room filled with pure white paint and fabric. I hate the sight... the white curtains dancing gracefully through the air, the white ceiling, walls, the sheets covering me, and my bed even my pillow. I hate all of it, just seeing the dark clouds saddens me.

Everything here reminds me of winter.... I hate it....

And this room reminds me of... A hospital....

I quickly rose up remembering what happened. I went home wet yesterday, we talk about the engagement, I then had a headache... then I... I probably fainted...

"Yu-chan!" I look at me left to see Kazunarie, smiling with relief as he was sitting on the floor, elbows on the bed as his chin rested on his palm. I blink as he grinned. "I'm glad you wake up! You've been out for nearky 22 hours now!"

22 hours?! Does that mean it's already 4 p.m.?!

"How about father?" I ask, I don't know, it's the only thing that came up into my mind. Was he the one who send me to the hospital or the Akashis? Have they decided on their own without me? I hope not...

"Your father? He wasn't here when I arrive all I saw were three cute girls~." His eyes suddenly sparkled as he leaned forward. She must be talking about Neko, Hana and Natsume then?

"Ne, ne, Yu-chan! Who's that girl with long black locks and bright blue eyes? She's really cute!" He beamed looking at me straight to the eye. "Even though she's the last one to leave this room I wasn't able to ask her name!"

He continued whining as he flop his face on the bed. I then giggled, I'm sure he already has a crush on my silent friend. He then look up at me with those grey orbs of his still sparkling. "So who is she Yu-chan~!"

"Hmm... She's Kaori Hana." I answered as his world seem to fall apart. By the time I notice he was already at the edge of the hospital room drawing circle as he seem to be at the darkest place on earth. This must be what they call as an emo corner XD.

"I don't have a chance..." He uttered between sobs as I laugh awkwardly looking at him. "When I found the girl of my dreams it happens that she's out of reach."

He must be well aware about the Kaori family...

"I don't think so... Hana's parents are really supportive; I think if they get to know you they'll like you." I uttered smiling as he look at me blinking. "But the question is, if she'll learn to love you."

Fiction~! I really love those reality sense than those fiction! I mean there are so many wonderful stories out there, and I can't believe there's actually a few that is true to life.

Those common stories about a poor guy and a rich girl, or a rich guy and a poor girl played into my mind. I began to smile for no reason.

Then conflicts would then be revealed as the rich character's parents would engage the main character to the person he she doesn't love and even threaten his or her lover for the sake of the company's future.

My smile faded...

Akashi and Kuroko are stuck in this type of situation... and I'm the one in between them...

Fiction or nonfiction...

"Ah, I'll just start befriending her then!" He grinned as my smile went back, I then nodded cheerfully to cheer this friend of mine a bit.

"I'm your moral support!" I uttered aloud, it's really nice to be along with Kazunarie... he's so cheerful and funny, he never fails to change an heavy atmosphere as he's around. that's probably one of the reason why I learned to admire him back in high school...

The hospital door then creak open, I look to see who entered the room seeing Haizaki-senpai. I blink as I look at Kazunarie who wink before standing up.

"Ah! You're here now Shu-chan!" he grinned as he took a step forward the grey head before tapping his shoulder twice. "I have to go home now, my mother is pregnant you see and I have to take care of her.

He smiled at me in a cheerful yet in a sly way. "Bye Yu-chan! take care of Yu-chan, Shu-chan!"

He left, the atmosphere grew heavy.

"Hey," He uttered sitting on the chair beside the hospital bed. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine Sh- Senpai, don't feel like you're responsible, It was me decision to play along." I uttered smiling at him. Since when did I started feeling warm and comfortable being with him.

"I still need to apologize though." He scratch the back of his head looking away.

"Ne, senpai..." I took his attention as I look at the white sheets below me. "What's Tetsuki-san and Akashi-kun's relationship like?" I ask looking straight into his eyes he blink twice.

"Hmm... they were really disgustingly sweet... even they were just friends back in middle school, they were often together like they had a relationship..." He uttered crossing his arms.

"I almost died back then since Akashi thought I was hitting on her." He look away smiling awkwardly. Lol jealous Akashi? That's something I want to see. "Even if Kuroko's cute I don't think I'll have fun if I was to hit on her."

"Though I did had a crush on her a little... but with that red haired demon around? I screwed the feeling off." He then stretches his arm upward as he yawned. "Aside from that, Kuroko's really kind, surprisingly toward me as well even though she would be rude sometimes... I then even notice that Kise began to look at her at a different way."

"And...?" I grew more curious.

"Those two were really, awfully opposite yet perfectly attracted to each other I guess...?" He uttered as he look at me in the eye blankly. "Why did you ask?"

"Umm... I heard rumors about Tetsuki-san had a relationship with him! So I asked you to confirm if you know something." I smiled awkwardly, I hope he wouldn't notice.

"You idolize her after all..." I'm glad he did not have any suspicion.

I look away from him, as I look at the hospital's white curtains dancing gracefully... the sky was gray, the breeze is cold as the leaves are falling.

Winter is truly coming...

~*^_^*~

Upadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate! *bows*