Muzan Part 3

Four years ago...

The door opened without delay as Muzan knocked.

"Good night Kibutsuji-dono." Kamado Tanjuro greeted the man who is his boss.

"Good night, Kamado-san" Saluted back the red eyed man.

Douma bowed before entering the house. A small, humble place for a big family like the Kamado's to reside. Muzan is aware of the fact that this man is raising a family like this will take a lot of effort by his own. Since his wife is a housewife and stays home.

"Can I offer some coffee?" The man, who's face seemed a little pale from tiredness asked.

"Yes, if that is no problem." Muzan accepted "It's cold outside and some hot drink will help."

"And for the gentleman over here?"

Douma shook his head. There was no need for him to accept the drink himself. Only his boss took the offer out of courtesy. Deep inside the ash blonde man wondered if all this theater is necessary for their goal.

They are criminals. Why do the 'right thing?'

Even for a lowly worker of one of their chemicals factory. However it was Muzan-sama who decided to take this approach. He has to maintain an image amongst the workers. If the CEO of the group goes visiting even the most humble worker, then word will spread. The Upper Moon laughed inside his head.

'A man like Muzan is nothing like that.' He thought 'I've seen him kill women and men alike and not once he has shown any regret at all.'

Tanjuro handed the white cup to his boss. Even though it was only cheap supermarket coffee the man in black suit didn't show any disgust, moreover he even praised the blend and taste.

'What a superficial man.' Douma thought again.

"Is your job alright?"

And there he was again. Little chitchat. Tactics he employ to lower the guard of a nervous man like Kamado.

Douma rolled his eyes. Then he ran a little insight into his surroundings. The living room could be seen as cozy. Two sofas, one coffee table and a good dozen of pictures hanging around the walls. From the picture of Tanjuro and his wife to a full family photo. He disregarded all of the members, all but one.

A short girl with pink eyes and black hair that faded to orange at the tips. That girl, even if it just a portrait... she gave those vibes. A pleasant feeling crawled up his gut and a smile threatened with appear on his face.

Yes! That girl is the one they have been searching for. A one in a million case of resistance against that sun rejection illness.

"Let me get straight to the point, Kamado-san." Muzan tapped his fingers against the coffee cup "I want your help with my research."

"Research?"

"Yes. Let me explain a little. I suffer from an illness. I cannot expose myself to the sun." He looked at the Kamado man and saw his eyes open wide "I am researching a possible cure and your daughter... is kind of special."

Tanjuro put his hands on his mouth. Douma could only smirk at the expression of the man. The chance to save the CEO of your own work won't come knocking your door everyday.

"Yes. I mean, Nezuko has the same syndrome. But..."

"She developed some kind of resistance or antibody." Muzan's face twisted into a large smile as he heard the words of the man.

"That's correct. The doctor said that it was a miracle, since the syndrome appears rarely and now she could be the key to create countermeasures." Tanjuro looked at Muzan "However... they said that she has to be studied and it could take years."