Rumors

*thump*

The loud noise of the can falling to the vending machine was the only thing you could hear in the empty hallways.

Coffee and lemon juice. Those were the choices of the two students. After getting an earful from the teacher and thrown out of class, they just decided to go for a drink and have a little chat. For both of them is still hard to digest the fact that they are classmates.

"So, ummm. (YN)-san..." the girl fidgets with her hands hidden behind her. "I didn't knew you seat besides me."

"Same here." You replied.

Awkward silence fall between the two of you. Your social skills were far from good, talking to a girl was a big no.

"Do you know anything about the rumors?" Nezuko asked. "About this guy called... Ronin-san."

"Not at all." You hurried the remaining of the drink before shoving it to the litter box. "We should hurry back to the classroom, history should be over by now."

Like he avoided the theme, he walked back.

Imitating the boy, the pink eyed girl finished her drink and trailed her way back to her class. She steeled herself for the earful she will get from Aoi. That was for sure.

At least lunch break was up next, a good homemade meal will brighten the day for sure. After all she rise every morning to prepare exquisite food for her and her brother putting even some extra portion for the gluttonous Inosuke who usually steal food from Tanjiro.

Today she prepared a good portion of rice, rolled eggs and steamed veggies. Nice, easy and balanced as everything should be.

"There you are!" Shouted Aoi as soon as the petite black haired girl entered the room.

(Y/N) didn't bother to look back. As a matter of fact, he just sat back and took out a light novel from his bag. Not paying attention to the girls beside him.

"Huh?" Tilting her head, Nezuko saw as a pissed off Aoi approached.

"You're now getting kicked out from classes?" Crossing her arms and with smome coming out her ears, she faced Nezuko. "Do you want me to report this to the headmaster?"

"What?" A stuttering Nezuko tried to understand the situation. "Why would you do that? I did nothing wrong!"

Arguing with the Kanzaki girl was not in the list of things you should do. Winning is not even an option when you face such a stubborn and strict girl.

"I knew it, when you get involved with that guy, you are involved in nothing but trouble."

"Y-you're wrong, Aoi-san." Kanao Tsuyuri alleged. "They were just surprised when they meet each other... I mean, Nezuko-san was already acquainted with him."

"That's true!" Kanzaki Aoi pointed at the young Kamado sibling. "How come you knew him?"

"(YN-san)?" She bit her lip when flashbacks of that night popped into her head. "I just happened to meet him."

The sever blue orbs of the strict girl fell upon her. For some reason Nezuko could only gulp and brace herself, this felt like those times when Giyu scold both of the Kamado siblings.

"My, my. First Kanao and then you." Resting her chin in her hand she took a peek at the boy, he was lost in the words of the book, not even caring about the three girls. "What's so good about him anyway? And all those rumors..."

"Ronin-san is not that bad."

'Ronin? But he said...' The pink eyes of the girls went from Aoi to Kanao and back to the first. Holding back the question she had in mind, the best for now should be to keep listening.