Fireworks

AUTHOR-SAN HERE.

I've just overcome a writer blocking. Damn it was hard but in the end I could pull it off somehow.

Anyways, enjoy the new chapter, dear reader-kun!

------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday and clear weather. A perfect day for a date.

That would be the case if your date wasn't to visit the hospital with Nezuko. Well after all it was partly your fault that Tanjiro was in that state.

The incident was handled by Giyu Tomioka and the police department. You didn't knew what was happening at all, but he seemed hurried to do so. Making calls and trying to not alter the atmosphere of the school festival.

He's a reliable ally.

The clock marked high noon when Nezuko made her entrance. A stunning one piece sakura-pink dress covered her petite body, while a lovely summer hat protected her from the sun.

"(YN-kun)!" She stood in front of you with a big smile plastered on her peach colored face "Did you wait long?"

"No, I just arrived."

A big fat liar. You've been waiting for her for half an hour by now, you just wanted to say that cliche line from animes. Looking cool, huh?

She giggled and with her bright and bubbly smile her hands trapped your arms. Careful enough to not let the hat move an inch.

"Nezuko?" You asked while taking an ogle at her, a petite girl in a lovely dress clinging to your arm is not something you see all days.

"Yeah?" The gleaming on her eyes was so bright that you can't block it with ease even with one hand "We have to hurry, Onii-chan is waiting and of we have time after that... we can enjoy the rest of the date."

Muttering the last line, she tried to not be heard, but well it was not that effective. You just pretended not to hear that and began to walk.

You need to make haste for the sake of your date.

"Hey, why are you wearing a hat with such weather? The sun is just right." You asked.

Her smile become flat and her grip stronger. Your arm could feel the stinging pain of her nails.

"I-it's just that I don't like the sun at all..."

Without saying anything else, you just dropped the topic and continued to the hospital.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

White lights and the most clean smell you'll ever know. That's a hospital.

The rooms were empty. It's not like they were in a pandemic or something. Tanjiro's room was at the end of the third floor corridor, a big one indeed, with a sole bed and a wide window; you could see the skyscrapers of the city and the beautiful trees in the hospital yard. A beautiful scene painted of pink, purple and a soft blue color.

You wondered if an old samurai of the past would like to see something like this. What if a group of people were fighting against demonic creatures and they just wish for a peaceful future.

"Onii-chan!" Nezuko rushed into the room, to her brother's side "How are you feeling today?"

"I'm fine, Nezuko. (YN-san) thanks for coming today." He replied while giving you his trademark heartwarming smile.

"Yeah, don't mention it. I just wanted to have a date with her."

Facepalm. You immediately sealed your lips after saying this, tomato red was probably the color of your cheeks and the inquisitive eyes of Tanjiro were like sharp daggers. The girl was hiding her blushing face with her hands.