Hot pot

"Say ahhh"

The chopsticks held a delicious piece of grilled chicken. A beaming almost blinding smile came from the girls behind the action.

Kamado Nezuko couldn't hide her satisfaction and happiness that the situation gave her. It's been a week since (YN) was discharged, he came back to school with a cast in your right arm, under your shirt you are wrapped with bandages all around the body and you have to take a dose of painkillers to help go through the day.

Even in this bad situation, she got to help him, feed him, walk him home and even cook his food in the afternoon. They got even closer with this, not only she hangs a lot in his house, but even they spend time together when he have to look over the pharmacy.

She's overjoyed by this... even though she was the reason you finished like this.

"It's good, as always." You remarked while chewing the food.

The rest of the gang smiled. Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke visited everyday, they were full of energy, honesty, they were a pain in the ass, the blonde boy tried to flirt with Nezuko in front of you —he got some balls to do it— while the boar masked boy tried to provoke you nonstop. The most responsible was Tanjiro since he just chatted with you all time, he got discharged before you, but he never left you alone, he even brought you the weekly manga magazine and the light novels you asked for. He's a kind boy and a good friend.

Aoi and Kanao made her appearance with... unexpected company. Kanae Kocho is not the kind of girl you want to have in a hospital, she's just too playful and easygoing to take the matter seriously. She tried to sign the cast more than once even though you stopped her every single time, if it wasn't for the injuries she would have been smacked in the head for sure. Shinobu Kocho was there as well, followed by Tomioka and Sanemi who were there to deliver the daily package of 'delicious' food to Rengoku Kyojuro. The purple Butterfly was kind enough to prepare a bento box for you. It was delicious, but you felt a stare coming from the water pillar.

You couldn't say that it wasn't a pleasant time.

"How are you feeling, (YN-kun)?" Aoi asked while doing her homework.

"It could be worst..." you shrugged it off with a small smile.

"How?" Whispered the blue Butterfly with annoyed tone.

At least a dozen of scenarios came to your mind, but decided to not tell anything about them.

"I'm just glad that everything is over and all of you are safe."

Your friends all smiled, what a bad habit he has, some of them thought. Another pair of young girls felt their cheeks going from cold to warm. Inosuke Hashibira got a big piece of Zenitsu's melon bread.

"Bleh, I don't need you to protect me, I'm the king of the mountain!"

And the rumble started, the boar jumped to the back of his blonde minion and began to chomp his head. Tanjiro tried to separate them as the duo trashed around the classroom, causing laughs and reclaims from the students. Aoi was helping the older Kamado while Kanao just stood there in silence; her face said that she was enjoying the spectacle.

You laughed at this.

What would it happened if that night Nezuko didn't follow you? If next day both of them discovered that they were closer than they thought? A thousand ifs ran through your mind. But, they all finished the same. Nezuko came to your life to change it for good.

And she was there. Smiling and giggling, with her sakura colored eyes, delicates cheeks that reminded of sweet peaches and her small, thin and gorgeous lips, curved into a cute smile. She's just... beautiful.