[144] SILENT TREATMENT - Nov 15 2021

A/N: sorry for being away for so long. Very busy and also sorry that the story might be extra short and extra fast paced. Please vote for BTS. Please continue streaming.

Jimin's mom and Jungkook's mom were best friends from school days. They had often expressed their wish to marry off their kids, if they were to have one in the future. And years later, they still maintained their friendship and as they had hoped, they both had a son each. The two ladies were excited to get their kids together. But in the midst of all this, Jimin's mom and dad got into a terrible accident and passed away. Jungkook's mom was the one who was most distraught - she lost a good friend and was left with the responsibility of taking care of a naive Jimin, not that she minded it, of course not but Jimin reminded her of his mom and that hurt her every day. But did that stop her from showering her love on him? No. In fact, she loved Jimin more than Jungkook, her own son and that led to the man hating his would-be husband.

**

Jungkook was a workaholic. He was a perfectionist but his skills came naturally to him. He was a born genius. His mom never really complimented him. Why? Because he hated praises and so she stopped. But now there was someone else in the house that she could shower her praises onto and that was Jimin. Jimin was smart but he had to work hard to reach the places he was at right now. He wasn't naturally gifted and so Mrs Jeon would make sure to compliment the boy and Jimin loved it, he was a sucker for praises. Jungkook hated this new side of his mom, he was jealous and ended up hating Jimin for no reason.

**

Jungkook didn't know his mom was a heart patient. Jimin knew because the two were quite close and that was one of the reasons why Jimin agreed to marry Jungkook when she brought the proposal, the other reason was for his mom who had always hoped the two would marry. Jimin at this point didn't know Jungkook enough to decide if he was to hate him or love him or feel anything towards him.

Jungkook agrees because his mom looked really disappointed when he had first said no to the proposal.

As you can see, their married life wasn't exactly a happy one.

Jungkook was cold towards his loving husband. Jungkook always stuck to himself while Jimin would take care of the man like an ideal husband would.

**

Today, Jungkook's mom and dad came to visit the married couple for dinner.

"So Jimin..." Jungkook's mom says looking at the boy " ..when will you give me a mini Jeon?"

Jimin turns red but he covers up his embarrassment ".....I would love to... but you know your son is a workaholic and has no time for me..." Jimin says pouting cutely making her laugh

Jungkook, who just entered the kitchen to grab a bottle of water, hears this and walks away angrily. He felt humiliated. He felt embarrassed that Jimin made him out to be a man who didn't care for his husband in front of his mom. He felt hurt, he felt angry.

"....but he takes care of me... even if he doesn't have time and is stressed..." Jimin says dreamily and then he notices Mrs Jeon staring at him with a smile

"What mom?" Jimin asks confused

"You really love him huh?" She smirks slightly

Jimin blushes "....yea.. I do"

**

Jungkook drinks angrily after his parents leave. His mom had just advised him to take some time off and take Jimin on a honeymoon.

Jimin is anxious seeing Jungkook drinking. Jungkook usually has a glass of wine before sleep but this time, he was drinking like a drunkard.

"J-Jungkook..." Jimin is scared of Jungkook's look "....why are you drinking so much? Is it work?"