[155] MEETING HIM 3 YEARS AFTER THE BREAK UP - Dec 19 2021

"Tae... what a wonderful surprise!" Jimin smiles into the phone "...you are almost never free these past couple of weeks..."

Taehyung chuckles "Finally Yoongi and Hoseok are free to take care of TaeGiSeok... so what say? Wanna meet up today?" Taehyung asks excited

"Definitely!"

Soon

"Hi, I believe I have a reservation under Mr Min-Jung-Kim.." Jimin smiles saying the name

The receptionist smiles as well

"Yes... please follow me to the private rooftop balcony..."

Jimin couldn't wait to see his friend after nearly 3 weeks of being busy.

"Here you go, sir" the lady says before leaving

Jimin's eyes widened seeing the beautiful decorations and arrangements on the balcony.

He saw Taehyung standing near the railing, his back facing Jimin

"Wow Tae... you went all out today..." Jimin comments looking around him

"Tae... this is so beautiful... I love.. ..." Jimin turns to face the man he sensed was behind him now

Jimin's smile disappears when he realises that the man wasn't Taehyung

"Missed me?" The man smiles widely, his bunny teeth on full display

That voice. Jimin missed it so much over the last 3 years

**

Their past

Jimin and Jungkook went to the same university though they were in different batches. They met through mutual friends and soon became close friends and later boyfriends over the 4 years of university life.

Everything was in general well between them. They loved each other and cared for each other a lot but they decided to break up mutually because their dreams at that point of time were different.

They both tried to keep the other as priority but they could see that they both weren't happy knowing that the other wasn't living up to their own dream of achieving something and living the life they wanted.

Jungkook wanted to see the world and take pictures, make memories of the visits and be a gamer.

Jimin had goals of starting his own small business.

Together it was hard. They didn't have time for each other and it led to fights. And so they decide to end it all in fear of their fights leading to a lot more of those misunderstandings. They still loved each other too much to a point where they didn't want a huge fight from which they could never recover.

The fights weren't physical nor that much verbal. It was the silence that hurt the most. Silence which came from them both holding themselves back from hurting the other.

**

The night they broke up, they both sat on the couch silently at Jimin's place. They both knew that their relationship was ending. It was for the best.

"Come with me Jiminah... let's explore the world together... let's make beautiful memories and then we can come back and start the business you have in mind..." Jungkook nearly pleads the boy, one last time

Jimin smiles sadly "...you have your dream... I have mine... just like you think right now is the perfect time to explore the world... I feel this is the right time for me to invest and dedicate my time on starting a business... we are both at such points in our life that we have to decide what is more important... I still love you Jungkook... but I'm afraid I will resent you if I were to come with you... and I know you will resent me if I force you to stay back... I can't bear you hating me Jungkook... I want you to still at least see me as a friend..." Jimin's voice cracked and it broke Jungkook's heart. Still the two didn't cry out loud. They both knew crying would badly hurt the other. "...I can't lose you Jungkook.... not completely..."

"Jiminah..." Jungkook's eyes soften

"It just isn't the right time for us.... you just got called into a once in a lifetime opportunity to travel with photographer A/N and her gamer boyfriend. You can't give that up. They chose you out of all the 1000 applicants who participated...." Jimin sighs "....I'm not fond of traveling and besides I got called to be an apprentice with the Kim SeokJin to shadow him and work with him... I can't pass that up either..." Jimin sighs again "....we will end up resenting each other... and I can't afford that... I'm sorry..."

They could have had a long distance relationship but decided against it as they both would be very busy in their life and wouldn't have time for the other especially with the time difference. And they both knew that would only lead to more heartbreaks. They both understood that life could be unpredictable and it was very much possible for either of them to find someone else in the absence of the other. They both didn't want the other to give up on someone new by holding on to their past, even though they both knew no one would ever come close to how perfect they were for each other.

"We will meet again whether single or not... I will meet you again when I'm back... but I pray you are single when I return because I'm sure I will be still in love with you as much as I am right now...no one has ever captured my heart like you have but this ... right now is not the perfect time for us.... I hope that destiny brings us together again one day ..." Jungkook blinks away his tears as he pulls Jimin into a final last hug

They both break down into tears as soon as Jimin closes the door after Jungkook leaves.

I wish you a prosperous and happy future - they both wished for the other as they looked at the other's photo as their phone's wallpaper.

**

Jungkook made sure to ask their mutual friends to take care of Jimin. The two ex lovers cut all contact with the other to move on. Jungkook didn't stay in touch with his friends either, he knew it would only make him miss Jimin more.

It was hard for the both of them initially, really very hard. There were times when they just wanted to give up their dreams as being with each other was their biggest dream but they controlled themselves from doing so. They wanted to achieve for themselves as well as wanted the other to succeed in whatever they wished for.

I love you baby. I always will

**

Present

Jimin giggles awkwardly "Tae..I see Jungkook instead of you... I think I'm drunk when I don't even drink...Help!"

Jungkook chuckles at the tiny boy's cuteness

"You are not drunk... I'm really back for you... I'm here to stay this time... not leaving you ever again..." Jungkook says before hugging the man, a tear rolls down his cheek

"I missed you!" Jimin finally sobs into Jungkook's chest when he realises that Jungkook was really back

"I missed you too Jiminah" Jungkook sniffles feeling Jimin's trembling body in his arms

They both cry in the other's arms for a few minutes before Jungkook pulls away

"May I?" He asks the boy to which Jimin hums

"I love you so much... never stopped...never will..." Jungkook says kissing the boy softly "...will you be my boyfriend again? Be mine forever this time?"

"Yes!" Jimin lets out a wet chuckle "I love you too... never stopped....never will" Jimin says pulling Jungkook into a passionate kiss

The end

A/N: please stream PERMISSION TO DANCE and my universe 🙏 💜