Chapter 2: The Re-engagement

"Mamma?" I called with a sad face, looking at my mom, who I had just gained her attention from working on dying clothes she sells.

"Fiore," She called with wide eyes. "Didn't you go to pick Dante? Why didn't you come back home last night?" She furrows her eyes at me. "No matter the issue you had, I've told you before, despite you being engaged, you're still a girl you need to respect and adore yourself,"

"Mamma, nothing happened between Dante and me," I manage to voice out.

"Good. You know that the Mancini family is powerful. We can't be compared to them. We should not do anything that will let them look down on us," She stared beautifully at me.

"Mamma?" I called, looking away from her eyes.

"Yes, Mia Cara," She responded.

"Do I have to get married to Dante?"

With wide, shocked eyes, she looks at me. "Don't you like him a lot? Don't you love him anymore? When you were both little, you used to follow him around," She explained.

"But, Mamma, I...I just rounded up my Ph.D. degree. I want to work and earn money on my own for three years or help you grow your tie and dye selling clothes business...I-"

"Foolish girl. Don't you know that a girl has to get married? Later, we attend the homecoming banquet party of the Mancini son. We have 1 hour and 30 minutes left, take a shower, and I'll dress you up, okay? Mia Cara,"

"Okay, Mamma, but after I dress up, I need to see someone later, before the homecoming party," I voiced to Mamma, and she nodded in approval.

A few minutes later, I got dressed up for the party. A white body-hugged knee-length gown, short stiletto blue heels, and my hair in a bridal style. No makeup, just my regular everyday face.

"Fiorella..."

I turn at the sound of my name from a familiar yet hoarse voice. I see Dante running towards me under the blossom tree where we agreed to meet. He looks so damn cute; he seems hotter and more handsome than before. Dante and I grew up together, but we are from different social classes. My mom and I lived with them in their mansion for nineteen years before we moved out, but at that time, she worked for them but not anymore.

He wore a body-hugged white suit that even his masculine body reflected on them. His brown beddy hair and his beautiful smile and brown eyes. Dante Mancini, son of a family of wealth, smiles at a local girl whose mother sells handmade clothes in the mall.

"Naive girl, I have missed you so much," He runs closer to me and picks me up from the ground.

"Dante..." I whisper as the guilt of what happened two days ago in the hotel comes back at me.

He pulls away with a confused face. "What is with you, Fiorella? You look so distracted. Or ain't you happy to see me?" He asked.

I turn my guilty eyes away from him, looking sad. "Dante...two days ago was valentine's; I wanted to spend it with you, but you didn't come...I didn't sleep well the night before this. So now, I'm a little bit absent-minded today, I'm sorry, and I'm so excited to see you,"

"Okay then, I'm sorry about that, my flight was delayed, that's why. I'll take you out tomorrow before we get married. Don't you agree?" He asked, his innocent eyes remaining the same as when we were kids.

"Dante?" I called, looking excited.

He was still carrying me bridal style, looking so excited. "At my homecoming party tonight, My father will give out his honor to me to take over the family company—The Mancini limited liability Company, and also announce our engagement. Our wedding will be held in two months!" He looks solely at me with desirable eyes.