Chapter 6: The Unpermitted Kiss

Unedited

Fiorella's POV

I pray he inclines toward the orange juice because his fiancee said so herself this morning. I exhaled, carried the glass of juice, and knocked on his door.

"Boss, your juice is ready!" I said vibrantly with a nourished smile on my face as I slowly dropped the glass on his drink shelf beside him. He was busy typing on his laptop.

Immediately I got closer to him; his unique fragrance purely slapped me. He smells divine—God lord, how can a man scent so fine?

I shook my head, shaking away the erotica thought that was about to take place in my motherly brain. He's taken, after all, and I've been single for five-six year's but the last time I was intimate was four years ago. It sucks being alone.

"I don't drink just any kind of juice!" He savagely said. "Bring Avocado juice!"

I turn cold instantly; his voice holds no emotion. His gaze holds the truth of endless wrath. It's as if I'm the reason for all the problems in this world.

I cringed. "I'm so sorry, Boss. I'm sorry for being inconsistent. My apologies for disturbing you; I'll leave now!"

I carried the glass and walked out of his office without any word. Resting my back on his door, I immediately step out. With my palm to my chest. "Goodness! I pray I don't have a heart attack and pass on leaving my kids because of my boss."

A few minutes later, I knocked on his door again before I walked in with the acknowledgment of his eyes.  "Boss, your avocado juice—"

"Make me a cup of coffee!" His face was fixed to his laptop without even looking at me for once.

Didn't he say he doesn't want coffee but avocado juice? What's with the attitude? He's haunting me. I can sense it, but what is my sin?

"I don't know how you convince Laura and Signora Caprioli. But to work with me, you need to be intense, brilliant, and less naive. You are not even qualified to be my secretary because all the years that this company has been established, I've never had an ugly Secretary. You're way out of my league, so stop pretending and get the fuck out of my face."

He's too rude. What did I do to deserve this salt to my already flaming injury? I can't keep quiet on this.

I place my glass correctly on my eyes, with flaming eyes reflecting from the eyeglasses. "Boss! You're indeed a fine man, and also, you're intelligent, wealthy, and suites up nicely. But all the while, you have been around pretty ladies, but you need one ugly one for a change. Don't you think?"

He looks shocked at my words. But still, I continued my ugly ass speech.

"They are all employed for their looks, but for me, I was used for what I've upstairs. Boss, you need me because I'm competent enough to manage your work standards. You've to get used to me, Boss, because I need the pay, and I'm not going anywhere."

I breathe out—Father lord. What have I just done? Did I challenge the boss that he can't do anything with me being his ugly Secretary here? I swallow hard his dumbfounded face.

He slowly gets up from his chair. I recoiled in shock as he looked deadly at my eyes through my nerdy glasses. He walks up to me, making me move back slowly until I halt with my back touching the cold tile wall.

He bends to my level as his prominent firm figure covers the whole of my view. "Are you done?"

I swallow hard. "Ye...Yeah, I...I am done!" I look away from his face. "Bu...But boss, aren't you too close to me. I have a height fear, and you're making me feel dizzy," I manage to voice out.