Chapter 51: Backstabber

Signora Ginvera hears her screams and rushes to the room, Noelle follows as well. She sees Noello in such a lifeless state and she is shocked.

"Noello, What did you do to him?" Signora Ginvera yells and goes to kneel down beside him.

"He is not breathing" Fiorella cries loudly.

"Noello" Signora Ginvera sobs and scoops him into her arms.

"What is wrong with Noello?" Noelle cries after her as she leaves the room.

"What have I done?" Fiorella cries in regret.

___

Getting to the hospital, Noello is taken into the intensive care unit.

"Fiorella, what did you do to him?!" Signora Ginvera yells angrily.

"I didn't do anything, I only dragged him out of the room but suddenly he started convulsing, I am so scared" Fiorella sobs.

"Grandma, that's a lie, she beat up Noello in the bathroom today and he was having a high temperature, she didn't care to check on him, all she did was to beat him up" Noelle screams.

"Fiorella" Signora Ginvera mutters in disbelief.

Uncontrollable tears flowed out of her eyes, she lets her anger get the best of her and she is regretting it now, she is going to die if anything happens to Noello, she never meant to hurt them, she just didn't know where to exact her rage in or whom.

Noello reminds her too much of Tito and that alone was complete torture for her and that's why she transferred her aggression to him especially.

"Noello, don't die please, Mamma is sorry" Fiorella cries heavily.  "God, don't anything happen to him, please" Fiorella mutters restlessly.

After an hour, the doctor comes out of the ward, Fiorella rises to her feet and goes to him first.

"How is my son? is he alright? Please tell me, he is fine" Fiorella cries all in one breath.

"Doctor, how is my grandchild?"

The doctor is a bit confused by the numerous questions.

"He is fine, he had a very high temperature that resulted in a seizure, but now he is okay" the doctor replies.

They let out a sigh of relief, especially Fiorella.

"So you are saying that my brother is healthy now?" Noelle sniffs. She is being carried by Signora Ginvera.

"Yes," the doctor nodded in a positive light.

"Thank you doctor" Signora Ginvera forces a smile

Fiorella sniffs and wipes her tears away quickly. She faces Noelle who looks away immediately.

"Baby" Fiorella calls softly and tries to touch her but the latter clings to her grandma.  "Noelle, Mamma is sorry"

"Get away from me" Noelle cries gently and hides her face in her grandmother's clothes.

"Give her some time," Signora Ginvera mutters.

___

Dante's mansion.

"Who is that, Mira?" Dante asks and switches off his phone.

When he looks at the door, he is surprised to see Signora Aria.

"Mamma" He calls in disbelief and stands up to his feet.

"Son, how have you been?" She asks as walks majestically to him.

Dante swallows hard and hugs her before saying "I am surprised to see you" Signora Aria pulls away from the hug and frowns slightly. "You should be glad to see me"

"I am happy to see you" He lies.

"Suocera" Zelmira calls even though she's not her mother in law yet.

"My dear" Signora Aria turns to her and smiles broadly.

"Come join us for dinner, I specially prepared the main dishes but your son here refused to eat them" Zelmira complains and glares at Dante.

Dante is unhappy about her additional comment but he has to play along. They leave to the dining table, the maids and Zelmira serve the food Dante doesn't have any appetite for food, these days, his mind has been on Fiorella.

Since he met her in New York city he hasn't been able to forget about her and that is why he is keeping his distance from Zelmira, last time they made love, he called Fiorella's name instead of Zelmira's name and that got her extremely upset, he thinks that is why his mother has come today.

Signora Aria frowns and stops playing with the cutlery.  "Zelmira dear, can you leave my son and I alone for a few minutes?" Signora Aria requests and Zelmira smiles.

She had contacted her mother in law, Dante has been acting so strangely it bothers her, he stares at a particular picture which he hides when he sees her, she hasn't been bothered about it till she stumbled upon the photo and sees Fiorella, Tito's secretary, that same day he was confessing his love to the picture, if that was not enough, while having boring s*x, he still calls her name and that was the nail that broke the camel's back.

"With pleasure, Suecora" Zelmira smiles and exits the table and takes her phone.

Instead of leaving completely, she hides to eavesdrop on their conversion.

"Dante what is wrong with you?Why can't you get that useless, immoral girl out of your head, even when she cheated on you and got pregnant for another man, you are  letting her influence and affect your relationship" Signora Aria thunders angrily.

"Mamma, I don't love Zelmira at all" Dante sneers.

Zelmira almost gasps but she covers her mouth with the back of her hand, she is shocked to hear those cold words from him.

"I love Fiorella and I can never forget about her, never!" Dante argues.

"You are such a fool, you are pretty much heartless than I am son, you claim to love a woman you subjected to abject poverty, have you forgotten? Let me refresh your memory..." Signora Aria pauses

"You stole her father's will after his death or am I wrong, you made her and her mother stay in poverty while you enjoyed, I mean you and I enjoyed the additional wealth and maximum properties!" She yells.

Zelmira is shocked by this conspiracy.

"Now do you remember?"

"And you remember that I poisoned her father and that really led to his death" Signora Aria whispers.

Zelmira is unable to hear what she said. Dante clenches his fists angrily and bangs his hands on the table before rising up.

"She will never find out about my evil deeds and I don't care about what I did. I love Fiorella and I am going to find her and do everything in my power to get her back and this time on my bed," Dante yells furiously.

His eyes are dark and full of a sinister gaze. Zelmira's phone suddenly rings and she immediately runs away from there.

Dante quickly looks at the direction of the wall and rushes out of the dining table. He goes up to their room and storms inside.

"Did you hear anything?" He grunts.

"No" She shakes head vehemently.

Dante walks to her and aggressively grips her neck, the calm and nice Dante vanishes, replaced by a beast.

"D...Dante" She chokes and holds his hands.

"A word of what you heard to anyone and I swear that I will kill you with my own bare hands." He growls and releases her neck harshly..

Zelmira gasps and holds her neck in shock, Dante dashes out of the room after. Instead of crying, Zelmira smirks instead.

"We shall see how you would get her in your bed after what you have done!" Zelmira smiles and coughs