Chapter 86: Rush of emotions

Heavy breathes escapes Noello's mouth, he can't risk the chance of moving or else that is the end, his hands goes limp, his neck stiffens, the only movements happening in his body are his eyelashes who keep batting against each other trying to hold back the tears that keeps dropping from his eyes.

Unfortunately his necklace dropped in the car trunk, no one might find him now.

"P-papa," Noello mutters, his tears roll down his cheeks, he is so confused about everything, who is really after them and why? He knows deep inside that no matter what happens Tito would find him even in this unlikely situation where life and death for him are just on a thin edge.

A smile of sadness lingers on his lips, he thinks about his mother and his twin, Noelle along with naughty baby sister, Lilian who delights in troubling him but he loves when she troubles him, makes him to childish and crazy things like hiding her stuff, pulling each other's hair, he will miss those things if he ends up dying, he will miss teasing Noelle, he is trying inwardly to be optimistic in the situation but he just can't.

He recalls watching movies where soldier's go to war and step on underground bombs and no matter how hard they try saving them, they die or lose their body parts, is that how he is going to end up?

'Have faith, you won't die,' He encourages himself inwardly.

Noello flings his eyes open taking deep breaths that is all he is capable of at this point.

"He has stepped on it, fuck!" one of the men curses staring at Noello from behind.

Noello is well aware of their presence but he won't dare turn back.

"What are we going to do now?" Another asks, his voice is less husky than the first two that spoke, they could sense the shakiness in his voice, he is not scared for Noello's life because he could care less but he is scared of 'Black widow', she is their greatest fear, at her voice they tremble and quiver, at the slightest feel of her skin to theirs, their hair stands on end leaving their souls empty, they are already considering themselves as corpses if they don't bring Noello to her and not only are they going six feet under but their family members will go with them.

The four men are becoming agitated, they exchange weary glances, gazing at each other as if they were trying to read each other's thoughts.

"I can't do it, no way!" The fourth guy speaks up, he is too scared of being blown up to bits but he should be more scared of Selene.

All eyes are on him, this causes his unrequited outburst, he is still young, he is just twenty six, he won't die because of anyone.

"Fine, I will do it," the first one that said something firstly said and they looked at him in surprise and awe.

The second one mumbles. "Leader it's a death sentence, let's leave him here and then run away from Italy, we can go to any other country around world even to continent Africa, where they won't find or even think of searching for us,"

The first man referred to as leader, taps the latter's forehead, pushing his head backwards in process, he then exclaims.

"You are talking stupidly, we got paid half of our money but hey! We fûcking swallowed tracking devices inside our guts even one of us died because of the complication, they promised to take it out of us after we are done with the job, she is going to find us, even though we hid under a rock! " He takes a minute to catch his, breath because of his heart pounding with fear, he continues in less relaxed manner.

"We can't run, I will sacrifice myself, you guys are younger, make sure you get him to her, don't disappoint me and make  me regret losing my life,"

He is certain that he won't come out of this alive. The others get teary eyes feeling sad about it, they hug him saying their final goodbyes. He brings out a knife and removes the sheath.