Chapter 55: Diagnosed

Fiorella lets her in and gives way for her. Zelmira looks at their outdated and shabby sitting room , she's disgusted by it but hides it, she has to fulfil her purpose of coming. She walks to the couch and sits on the couch cautiously afraid that there might be bugs in there.

Fiorella rolls her eyes and locks the door before going to drop the glass of water on the table. She walks back to Zelmira and sits beside her.

"So what do you know about my father?" Fiorella asks, trying hard to conceal her curiosity.

"Promise to work with me once I tell you and that you won't tell Dante about Tito and I" Zelmira pleads.

Fiorella rolls her eyes for the second time then responds "You mean your former relationship with Tito!"

"W-what, are you jealous in any way?" Zelmira asks in disbelief.

Fiorella swallows hard, 'Me jealous?'.

" Why would I be jealous? "Fiorella retorts

" Well it seems like it "Zelmira adds. Fiorella frowns not liking where this conversion is headed.

"Do you promise or not?"

"Yes I promise, can you tell me what you have to say or just get your rotten self out of my house!" Fiorella yells impatiently.

Zelmira gasps but recovers from the brutal insult. "Your father wrote a will or so I presume..."

"A what?" Fiorella laughs "Papa had nothing other than this house and his little savings in his joint account with Mamma!" She exclaims.

"Well, according to Signora Aria, Dante's mother, Dante was able to steal the will your father wrote and took all his properties away, maybe your father was a shady man," Zelmira said with the intention of insulting her.

Fiorella shoots a glare at her making her rephrase her words.

"Maybe, he had some undercover business he didn't want you or your mother to know,and those were the properties stolen by Dante" Zelmira mutters.

Her intention is to make Fiorella hate Dante and break his heart, so that he would come running back to her. Fiorella couldn't believe her ears, it can't be true that her former childhood lover would do such, she and Dante grew up together, they were so close, how could he have done such a awful thing to her, leaving her Mamma and her penniless.

"How do I know you don't have an ulterior motive?"

"I don't have any evidence but I heard them talking about it. I decided to come to your house through the information my investigator gave me," Zelmira smiles.

"But if you don't want to believe me then it is up to you" Zelmira snickers.

Fiorella lips go dry, her eyes start getting moist all of a sudden.  Zelmira was about to stand up but Fiorella holds her back.

Fiorella stammers "A-are you sure about... what you... are saying?"

"I am more than sure Fiorella, she also said something about the death of your father but I didn't get that part" Zelmira responds and stylishly removes her hand from Fiorella's grip.

"I will be your eyes and ears in the mansion if you keep your promise, we might even become friends" Zelmira smiles broadly.

Fiorella squints suspiciously at her.  "I accept, let's partner up" Fiorella mutters, still in shock.

"Friends" Zelmira forces a smile and stretches her hand.

"Partners" Fiorella sighs and accepts the handshake.