Chapter 9: Punishment

Fiorella's POV

I could feel my heart racing, I was so anxious and nervous when his lips got closer to my face.

His sexy honey eyes are scary to look into, only his voice could make one bawl out of fear, but I finally turned and was stunned when his lips slammed in mine, this isn't the first kiss today but it seemed different, it was wild.

He broke this kiss when the door opened, I faced the door to see his fiancee, my nightmare really came through. She came in yelling and even attacked me but I smartly moved away as she tried slapping me.

I looked to see on whose face that heavy slap landed and it was on my Boss's face. I gasped and raised my glasses, I couldn't see clearly so I put them back on . I was shocked when it happened.

"Dio mio!" Gwendolyn repeated, her hand was visibly shaking. Her face turned pale and a bit whiter than before.

"I'm...sorry," She stuttered and put her itchy hand behind her back.

I felt like bursting into laughter watching the scene. It seems like the table has turned on her now. In my dream, she had the upper hand and was victorious but in reality she ended up being the loser.

Tito touched the cheek that was already red, his face beamed with anger, there is something frightening and strange about him just like Noello.

Tito slowly faced her with a cold and furious look on his face, he looked really scary now.

"Tito, it was a mistake, I-I swear I didn't mean to hit you, it's her fault, I wanted to hit her, please forgive me..." Gwendolyn muttered, her tears threatening to fall.

"I should not waste any time in hitting you back right now but instead I think this marriage should be called off," Tito said sternly. his face had no emotions whatsoever.

My eyes widened behind my glasses when he said that. I wonder if this man has a heart but it's obvious he doesn't. If he could treat his fiancee like this, what about me? These thoughts made me shrink and I pouted my lips.

"No...please, I beg you, it's not what you think, please forgive me, it wasn't my intention for the slap to meet your face, it's her you should blame not me," Gwendolyn defended herself in tears.

But her tears didn't seem to move him one bit, he just stared blankly at her.

"Pick up your bag and leave my office," He ordered furiously.

Gwendolyn flinched at the angry tone. She quickly moved away from him and went to her bag, she took it up hastily.

"Tito, please forgive me," She begged in tears.

"I won't repeat myself!" He snapped.

Gwendolyn looked so pitifully right now, I could bet she would go on her knees if I wasn't here. I can't believe a beautiful woman like her would beg a man, I thought it would be the other way around, I, Fiorella would never beg any man.

She left the office after he gave her cold shoulders. He touched his cheek again and faced me.

"Why are you standing there? Get me some ice, you fool!" He flared up.

I ran to the refrigerator in the office, I opened it but there were no ice bags there. I quickly rushed out of his office to get some from the cafeteria.

*****

I reached the cafeteria and collected an ice bag and rushed to the elevator.

It took me to the first floor and I came out of it. I was about to approach the Boss's office but changed when I saw Laura approaching me but she was busy staring at some documents and walking at the same time.

"Laura," I smiled at my bestie and rushed to her.

"Fiorella," She looked up and called.

"Bestie," She smiled and hugged him briefly, I love her friendly hugs.

She looked at me and saw the iceberg. "What are you doing with this?" Laura asked curiously.

"Can I tell you something?" I whispered and lowered my head a bit.

"What?" She whispered back and covered the side of her mouth with her hand.

The both of us are acting like gossips right now.  "The boss got slapped by his fiancee" I whispered with a laugh.

"What?!" Laura gasped loudly.

"Yes, it was so funny," I replied louder and chuckled.

"How did it happen?" My bestie asked with a surprised face.

I knew the reason for her surprise. Everyone knows how ruthless he can be exactly the way he looks.

I decided to reply but paused. "She saw the boss and I kis..."

"She saw the boss and I checking some files and the useless woman concluded that I was one of his side chicks," I rearranged my statement, Laura started laughing.

"That lady isn't sensible, how could she think that with how you are dressed like a nun," Laura choked.

"I know right, she decided to slap me but I dorged and..." I added leaving her in suspense.

"And she ended up slapping him," Laura said in disbelief.

"It was so funny, I wanted to laugh there but I didn't want to get fired, the Boss's face was red as a tomato," I laughed, tapping my lap.

"I can't even imagine it like what the h*ck" Laura laughed along with him.

"She was like 'Tito please, it's all her fault' " I mimicked Gwendolyn, my voice sounded nothing like hers.

"So funny" Laura laughed and fanned her face with her hand.

Laura stopped laughing and became serious.  "Won't the boss get you fired?" Laura asked, showing concern.

"He won't dare" I said confidently and it shocked her.

"Like I've shown him the stuff I am made up of, today he received a slap because of me, who knows if he would lose his head next," I mocked.

"Bestie, stop talking," She cautioned but I ignored her.

"I will put him in his place, he's so proud and arrogant, I really dislike arrogant people, he hasn't seen anything yet," I boasted and laughed.

I looked at Laura and she had a fearful expression on her face. I tried shifting back but my back hit something hard. I slowly turned to see Tito.

"I won't fire you but I will punish you so bad you would beg for me to fire you," Tito said coldly, a few red veins popping on his forehead.

I started shaking, the ice on my hand was already melting. Tito walked to the office and I faced Laura in slow motion.

She gave a me look meaning 'You are so dead'