Chapter 62: Symptoms

Fiorella is shocked, she can't register anything right now, his look is so strange, they are like strangers to him, she tries hard to hold back her tears.

Tito slowly removes his hand from Noelle's grip and places it on his stomach.  He tilts his head left to right and asks. "Where am I?"

"Tito, if this is a joke, then it's not funny at all..." Fiorella mutters fearfully.

"Is that my name?" Tito asks annoyingly.

Tito turned to the kids and gave the same blank stare "Why are you crying?"

Noelle cries louder "What's wrong with Papa?"

She hugs Noelle's waist tightly, Tito can't understand what the whole drama is about.

Noello with a scared face intervenes. "I will go call the doctor," He runs out of the room.

Fiorella didn't realise when tears fell from her eyes.

"Papa..." Noelle cries.

The doctor comes minutes later and asks them to leave the room, he examines Tito after.

****

"Mamma, is Papa badly sick?" Noelle sobs.

"No baby, Papa is fine, he is alright," Fiorella sniffs.

Noello shakes his head and yells out. "I know papa has amnesia, he won't be able to remember us ever again!!!"

"That's not true, he will remember us soon, he is just a bit distorted for now, trust me lovelies," Fiorella mutters in tears.

"Really, Mamma?"

"Yes baby, Papa will be fine" She smiled, but the smile wasn't real or happy, it wasn't even hopeful at all.

"Trust me babies, he will be fine," She smiles and pecks Noelle's head.

"I trust you," she pouts childishly.

"I don't trust the doctors, they have to do something, Tito has to remember us," Noello yells trying not to break down in tears.

The doctor comes out of the room and they stand to their feet.

"How is he?"

"He has temporary memory loss but he will surely get his memories back but we don't know how long it will take." He replies with a sigh.

Fiorella shut her eyes and sighs.

___

Next day, Fiorella goes to the hospital to check up on Tito but his condition is still the same.

"Tito." She smiles as she walks into the room.

She walks to his bedside, she tries to smile widely but fails at the attempt.  "How do you feel?" Fiorella asks, worriedly.

He stares weirdly at her and replies. "I am fine, but who are you? you didn't tell me the last time you were here, I mean yesterday."

"My name is Fiorella, I am the mo-" She changes her mind about telling him that she doesn't want his situation to grow worse.

"You are the-"

"I am just your friend, you are also my boss and I am your secretary," Fiorella smiles.

"I own a company?" Tito questions blankly.

"Yes, actually your father owns it." Fiorella answers and sits on his bed.

"Who were those kids with you?"

His questions are becoming tiresome, he's acting pretty much like a fool and it's so awkward because he's always intelligent and blunt.

"You will be going home soon, I am sure you are excited," Fiorella smiles.

For some reason he doesn't like her.  "I am not too excited, since I don't remember anything," Tito responds, Fiorella tries touching him but he shuns her.

"Don't touch me, I don't like you," Tito said coldly and moves his legs away from where his hands are placed on the bed.

Tears fill Fiorella's eyes, the sudden dislike from him, hurts her deeply.

"W-hy... don't you like me?" Fiorella questions not being able to get her words out straightforwardly.

"I don't know," Tito blurts out.

"I need to rest, can you please leave my room?" Tito mutters and closes his eyes.

"Alright, I will leave you alone," Fiorella sniffs. "I can't believe this is happening," She mumbles.

She storms out of the room in tears. "Why is he doing this to me? Why does he always hurt me?"

___

After some days, Tito returns home, he was discharged from the hospital and was reluctant to come home, Fiorella decides to come home with him, his parents came along.

Fiorella tries to touch him but he moves away. "Don't touch me!" He snorts and limps to the couch, he looks around the big house and frowns

"Will I be living here alone?" He asks, displeased by the idea.

"Yes, son, you always lived here alone," Mr Denero replies.

"You even banned us from coming to live with you or even visiting you," Mrs Denero adds, feeling sorry for her son.

"I must have been really lonely then," Tito sighs and continues looking around.

Fiorella stands aside, he tries standing up, she offers her help but he keeps proving difficult. "I already told you that I can do stuff by myself, I hate when you follow me everywhere, you are acting like a leech,"

"Son, don't talk to her in such a manner, she will be taking care of you from now on," Mrs Denero intervenes.

Tito sneers, he doesn't like the idea one bit, though she's the first person he saw and those annoying crying kids but he still doesn't like her one bit.

"I don't just like her," Tito mutters and limps his way to God knows where.  He doesn't know rooms in the mansion.

"You never told me anything about that, I never knew I was going to take care of him," Fiorella argues.

"You are the best person, since you were close, we can't leave our son in the hands of just anyone," Mrs Denero replies and holds the arm of her husband.

"He hates the sight of me," Fiorella yells and her voice quivers.

"It doesn't matter, we will pay you for working," Mr Denero suggests.

"I don't need your money." She glares at them. She runs upstairs and mumbles some curses.

___

"I don't want this," Tito glares at her.

"I made this with my energy and you are going to refuse it?" Fiorella yells, losing her patience.

"I am not eating, I am not a kid and you can not force me." Tito yells back.

Fiorella glares at him, she is about to take the food but she has the sudden urge to throw up. She rushes out to the restroom with her hand covering her mouth.

Tito hears vomiting sounds from the restroom, he frowns and mutters. " What's wrong with her?"