Chapter 48: Deep hatred

Fiorella's POV

"Fiorella" Enzo called again and swayed his hand close to my face to know if I was really conscious. I blinked rapidly and sighed. "Fiorella, are you okay?" He asked and I sat up without answering.

It was like my entire strength got drained out of my body, tears only kept flowing from my eyes, Enzo cupped my cheeks and made me face him.

"I got my memories back" I muttered and his eyes lit up.

"What did you remember? " He asked anxiously.

I sniffed "I...remember Tito ordering my father to beaten to death, he did not even give my father a chance to explain, he killed him like a fly, it was so terrible"

"He is such a heartless person" Enzo sighed and wiped my tears away.

"I... think, that's why I couldn't remember anything, I had to wipe it out of my mind, it was too horrific" I cried and held his hands on my face.

"Breathe, let me go get some water" He said and kissed my forehead before leaving me.

He came back with a glass of water and handed it to me, I collected it with shaky hands and took a sip. He was touched by a forehead and I was burning up , I felt weirdly cold inside.

"You have a fever" He said and left again.

He made me lie on the couch as he came back, he massaged my forehead with a wet, warm towel..

"Y-you will be fine heartbeat, I am always here for you, I will never leave your side or betray you" Enzo muttered.

I nodded in tears and sniffed. "Thank you,"

He smiled and kissed my lips gently but I didn't reciprocate neither did I push him away.

" Take care of yourself"He consoled me and kissed me again.

I nodded and came down from the cab, I walked to the door and knocked. I had my own keys but I didn't have the strength to look for them. I knocked again and looked back at Enzo, he was still watching me with a smile on his face..

The door opened and I had to look down to see Noello. I don't know what suddenly possessed me but anger and hatred suddenly filled my heart.

He is a replica of Tito, his face reminded me of how my father was brutally killed by that bastard. Looking at this child is like looking at the face of a murderer.

"Mamma, where did you go? You are back really late, Noelle and grandma were worried about you" He interrogated and I glared at him.

My glare was so scary that he had a stunned look on his face.

"Get out of my way?" I yelled and he moved away from the door.

I stormed in and threw my bag on the couch before sitting heavily in it. The tears on my face were dried and I had no urge to even cry again.

"You are making grandma worry unnecessarily about you, you know her health challenge, even though you want to go to Tito's place, that does not mean that you should  stay so long there, we even expected you to come with him" Noello scolded and pouted his lips.

I faced him with fierce eyes, I quickly looked away to avoid me doing something nasty to him. Noelle came out of her room, yawning loudly.

"Mamma!" She screamed as usual and raced to me.

She hugged me  but I didn't hug her back. She pulled away from me and grabbed my bag.

"Mamma, did you bring anything from Papa's house?" She giggled and ransacked my bag.

Their actions kept infuriating me, I grabbed my bag harshly from her

"Ouch!" Noelle groaned and touched her fingers in pain.

"Mamma!" Noello yelled.

"You hurt me" She muttered and a tear slid down her cheek.

Instead of apologising, I asked "Who do you look like?, maybe his mother or his grandma?"

"What? " Noelle looked at me confused.

Noello went to her and started tending to her injured finger, I saw blood drip out of it but I didn't move a muscle to help.

"I want to see Papa" Noelle cried and moved away from me to hug her brother..

"Don't ever mention his name again, he is not your Papa, you don't have a papa!" I thundered.

"No that's not true, Tito is my papa" Noelle cried  and buried her face in Noello's chest.

"Mamma, what are you saying, Tito is our Papa, what h*ck has gotten into you" He yelled, his voice still reminds me of Tito. This is complete torture for me.

"Both of you shut up, he is not your Papa and you are never seeing him again!" I yelled and they freaked out.

"No, I want to see papa," Noelle cried.

I stood up and grabbed her harshly from her brother, and yelled angrily  "You are not seeing that man ever again!"

"My arm, Papa " She cried and I smacked her on the face.

"Keep quiet" I rebuked.

"Mamma, stop" Noello came to me to pull his sister away but I also slapped his face making him fall to the floor.

"Ah!" He groaned and looked at me in shock.

I have never hit any of them before, Noelle kept crying loudly alarming Signora Ginvera.

"My arm, it hurts, Mamma let go of me" Noelle cried struggling from my grip. I gripped Noelle's wrist and pulled Noello up by his hoodie cap.

"Leave me!"

Signora came out to see the chaos.  "Fiorella what's happening?" She asked in confusion.

I ignored her and pulled the children to their room.

"Both of you face the wall!" I yelled and released their already red wrists.

"I won't!" Noello yelled rebelliously. I grabbed him and gave him a good thrashing forcing him to face the wall. It was Mamma that saved them from my hands .

"Fiorella!" She yelled and slapped my face. I held my cheek in pain..

"What has gotten into you?" She yelled.

"Why are you hurting the children?!" She reprimanded. Without saying a word, I stormed out of the room in tears.

___

I sat on my bed and continued sobbing. Signora Ginvera knocked and walked into my room since the door was open. She dropped a bowl of apples and a knife on the bed.

"I don't know what got into you tonight but you acted insanely, you hurt the twins badly" She scolded and I sobbed harder.

"Eat the apples, they will help calm your nerves" She said and left me alone and closed the door.

I looked at the red apples which are my favourites but I don't have the appetite for them. I grasped the knife from the bowl and gripped it hard.

"This is all your fault?" I yelled and started stabbing the mattress, I stabbed it to the extent that the foam came out of it. "You ruined my life, this is all your fault, I am going to kill you!" I screamed in tears, imagining the bed to be Tito.

"Ti odio, Tito!!! (I hate you, Tito)"