Chapter 82: After the devil

Tito's POV

The phone dropped from my hands, my hand was shaking, I couldn't control the vibration or the nervousness that mounted up inside me, I wanted to control myself and stop the involuntary quivering but I couldn't my lips quivered some more , I pressed my lips against each other to suppress the heavy breathes that was about to rupture out of my lungs to my mouth.

"This can't be happening," I finally spoke, my voice quivering at the end of my words, I tried wrapping my head around it, it seemed too impossible, the dead can't come back to life.

I gasped, deep breaths that I couldn't hold back escaped from my lips even though I just had a bath, beads of sweat instantly formed on my forehead and my temples, I palmed my face and shrieked.

"She is dead, Tito, she can't come back, this must be a prank, a terrible and tasteless joke!" I removed my palms from my face and I heard the voice again from my phone.

"I am not dead, you should be careful from now on, little Tito, see me in your nightmares and that's not the only place you are going to be seeing me, my little baby boy," Her voice echoed in my eyes, warm tears filled the end of my eyes, I lowered my gaze and stared at the phone on the floor.

My lips become dry and my throat grew drained of wetness I swallowed a thick lump down my scorching throat, I exhaled and quickly grabbed my phone from the floor, I turned it and the call was not hung up yet, that was enough time for the person to track down my location, I quickly hung up and and switched off my phone.

It made a vibrating sound and went off, I opened the back cover of my phone and removed the battery using my little long fingernails, I successfully removed it not with ease though, I wanted to slick out the sim but I remembered Fiorella, I had her number saved here but I was not quite sure if she used same number.

I fixed everything back and switched it on, I dialled Fiorella's number saved in my contact, it rang a few times and she answered.

"Are you that worried about her?" I heard the woman's hoarse and aged voice again and the phone dropped from my hands the second time.

"H-how?" I stuttered.

I didn't wait for another second. I smashed the phone, crushing it with my feet, till it turned to fragments. I didn't stop as I screamed loudly in total frustration and confusion...

"Ha!!!"

___

"B-boss, What's wrong?" Shawnte asked, I could sense the worry from his voice.

I was so tense, I called him using my Papa's phone. I was too tense and uneasy to keep this terrifying incident to myself.

"B-boss," He called for my attention, jerking me out of my weary thoughts.

"She's back, Shawnte!" I yelled in fear, trying to hide the scars that the voice had planted in me. Shawnte stared at me in confusion, I knew I never told him about that, it was a secret I needed to keep to myself, I was not willing to expose it to anyone not even to my parents.

"I am confused, I don't know what you're talking about," Shawnte muttered and furrowed his brow at the height of his bewilderment.

Tito lets out an angry sigh, he has never been willing to reveal that brutal and fragile part of his life, it pained him deep in his heart, the memories are the ones he had wiped from his memory but are now back became of one phone call.

"It started when I was six..." I started narrating my most painful experiences.

{Flash back}