Chapter 37: Unpleasant meeting.

Fiorella's POV

I watched him leave and touched my chest, I wonder if I made a mistake, by allowing Tito get close to the kids, he's a dangerous man who even has a gun, first a knife and now this, it's getting too unsafe for the kids for him to be around them but he's already getting attached to Noelle who asks of him almost everyday.

"Mamma" Noelle called, jerking me out of my thoughts.

"Baby" I called and spread my arms open and she ran into my arms.

"How was your night? Did you dream of Mamma?" I asked with a broad smile.

"Yes I did and about Tito too, where's he?" She asked, looking around the room.

"He left but promised to come back" I said and cupped her chubby cheeks.

"With loads of gifts?" She grinned.

"Yes, with loads of presents for my sweet Noelle" I snickered and she hugged me.

"I'm so excited" She chuckled.

I smiled and stroked her hair gently, my mind went to Enzo and I sighed sadly. I know he loves me but unfortunately I don't feel the same way about him, it's just friendship between us, I don't have any romantic feelings for him.

"I'm sorry Enzo." I muttered sadly.

___

"Do you even think it's right having such a man close to your children? I thought you were wiser Rella, that man is creepy, today he brought a gun and almost shot someone, what is he going to do next?" Signora Ginvera queried.

I walked to her and sat beside her. I understand her concern but I don't think Tito would be capable of hurting his children.

"Mamma, Tito isn't a bad person" I said, doubting my own words.

" I see, tell me more," she said sarcastically.

" I can see the care he has for his kids and how much he has made himself available for them, I think he deserves...a chance"I said in a serious tone.

Signora Ginvera shook her head in disbelief.

"You are blinded by his hypocrisy and gifts" She mutters and looks away and completely turns her back on me.

"I-I think I will be going on a trip with him to New York city" I announced to her and she swiftly turned to me.

"What!" She exclaimed in shock, but quickly recovered "You are going out with him, goodness"

"I am not going as the mother of his children but as his secretary, it's my job to go around with my boss, it's just a working relationship nothing more" I said not being too sincere with my words.

One reason, I'm going with him is because I love New York, I have seen so many images of the place and I wish to go there, now that the opportunity has presented itself I don't want to miss it, it's been long since I travelled on a plane, secondly I want to spend time with Tito and get to know him more and his true intention for the twins.

"I need you to take care of the kids, please" I pleaded and held her hand.

"I should freshen up" She said and pulled her hands aggressively from mine.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"New York, here I come" I smiled and fell back on the bed.

__

A week has passed and Tito has sorted out my travelling documents. I'm currently packing my things in my suitcase.

"Mamma, how many days will you be gone?" Noelle asked, I could see sadness written all over her face.

"Don't worry baby, I will be back before you realise that I even left, Mamma is going for some work, we need the money" I explained.

"B-but, why can't I come with you?" She whined.

I exhaled and walked to her.

"It's work related,you can't come with me, I would have loved you to come with me but unfortunately you can't come with Mamma, but maybe next time" I smiled and pecked her forehead.

"Promise" She muttered.

"Pinky promise" I smiled and we knotted our two little fingers together.

"I don't want to miss my flight" I added and continued packing my stuff.

Tito told me that we would be spending roughly a week there and that's why I'm taking a few things along.

Noelle sweetly helped me in packing, I turned to Noello standing by the door staring at us.

"Do you want to help?" I inquired.

"Not at all, why should I assist you when you are ready to leave your kids for that useless man? '' Noello replied coldly, his eyes so unfriendly.

"He's your father!" I retorted.

Noelle turned to him and uttered "Papa and Mamma are going on a business trip, so stop being a savage and let them be".

She already knows Tito is her father and she didn't waste time in calling him papa but Noello is quite the opposite, so obstinate and bitter.

"He's your Papa not mine, I hope your trip gets ruined" He hissed and left

"Mamma, don't get sad, he's just a jerk" Noelle said and I laughed.

"Jerk" I chuckled and she laughed along.

"Where did you get that from?" I laughed.

___

After reaching the airport we boarded the flight and stayed in the first class section, it was an 12pm flight.

"Noelle and Noelle will miss you a lot," Tito muttered and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Not Noello, he would be happy that I'm leaving, but thankfully they would be resuming school" I smiled.

"Yeah, that would be less stress for their grandma" He commented.

"True"

There was a long silence between us after that, Tito soon dozed off and his head landed directly on my shoulder. I tried positioning his head back but he wouldn't move it,I finally gave up and sighed.

I touched his soft hair and smiled.

___

New York***

Reaching New York is so exciting. An exotic car drives all the way to the hotel that is called Gramercy Park Hotel. It is famous for celebrity sightings. I researched it on Google and immediately told me the name. I liked around and took pictures even thigh it was night time but the bright streetlights made things so visible.

After we arrived there, we went straight to reception.

"Good evening" the red haired secretary smiled.

"Evening," I replied.

"Here are your cards room 400 and 401"She said and handed over two cards to us.

I think they were expecting us or the room have been booked before we came.

I took the one with 401 on it, I'm a bit clueless on how I'm going to use the card.

"Tito" I heard a man's voice from behind, it was so familiar.

Tito and I turned back and my card fell out of my hand.

Dante's eyes widened when he saw me.  "Fiorella" He gasped.