Chapter 44: Deaths Venom

"Ah!!!" Noelle screams.

The bullet actually meets the wall instead of Noello, but he is still looking fearlessly at her, he has no fear in his eyes at all, those fiery eyes kind of scare Gwendolyn.  It is exactly like the stare Tito would give you that would make you wish you could crawl into a hole and hide yourself.

Gwendolyn smirks and points the gun at Noelle. Noello is more afraid of Noelle, she is fragile and timid, she always falls prey to bullies because they see her as the weak one .

"Leave my sister alone, face me instead," Noello yells and Gwendolyn laughs.

Her laugh is horrific and scary, she resembles a witch from a horror movie as she keeps laughing hysterically.

"I think I should kill you both right now but not after having fun first" Gwendolyn smirks. She walks to a table and drops her bag there and also her gun, she removes a small knife from her bag.

"Watch me torture your sister and you will do nothing," She smirks and walks Noelle.

" No, stay away!!!" Noelle shakes her head and cries.

" Stay away from my sister!"Noello screams. "Ain't you ashamed? Feeling all powerful over little children, you so stiff for your chronic age. Witch!"

___

Laura leaves in the midst of those invited by Enzo to track the children's location and can't be easily tracked because of the coverage on the place they might be, Enzo couldn't  do it on his own, therefore he invites the police.

The police are stationed right now in their house and are tracking their location.  Laura goes to the kitchen and sees Enzo drinking from a glass of water, Fiorella actually called her and like a good and supportive friend, she had to leave the office and come rushing here like a mad person.

Enzo notices someone's presence and turns to the door, he narrows his eyes at her and furrows his thick brows.  Laura slowly walks to him, playing with her fingers behind her back.

"I hope they find the children" She mutters nervously.

"I hope so too, Fiorella is worried" Enzo mumbles sadly.

Laura pinches herself angrily, he is only concerned about Fiorella when he sees her sad, he never cares to ask about her welfare or the cause of her suffering.

Laura plasters a smile on her lips and continues the conversation. "Can we talk about us for a while? "

"This is not the place or the time to talk about personal issues." Enzo declines.

"This is the only time that you don't want to be left alone, Lorenzo maybe I should just let everything out, Enzo I love you, I have feelings for you, I have tried many times convincing myself that, this is not true and it is just an infatuation but I was wrong, it's true love, " Laura confesses and cups his face.

" I love you," She mutters and kisses his lips instantly.

Enzo's eyes widen and he pushes her away, he pushes her so hard that she almost loses balance. Enzo wipes his lips in disgust.

"I don't love you Laura, I do not feel the same about you, we are just friends, don't confuse friendship for love, I don't  want to hurt your feelings but I have to be sincere with, I don't love you," Enzo responds sternly, his eyes and words are so emotionless.

Laura's eyes fill with tears, pain and heartbreak are visible in her glassy eyes.

"Enzo, I don't care if it is a one side love, I am alright with it,"