Chapter 61: Brain dead

Fiorella covers her mouth to suppress the loud cry that escapes her lips.

"I am so sorry," the doctor sighs, it's awful telling relatives that  the parents have lost their lives to death but its his job.

Tears flood Fiorella's face. She should be happy that he is dead, that he has finally paid for his numerous sins but she isn't happy at all; rather she's broken and shattered, he should go to jail and suffer not just due like that.  The doctor leaves her and goes back into the ER.

"Why should you die so easily? I haven't exacted revenge on you yet, this isn't what I wanted at all," She cries and walks to the wall.

But deep inside she is crying for another reason. She leans on it and bends down crying her eyes out.

___

Tito hasn't been disconnected from the heart monitor but the oxygen has been disconnected, his head is still bandaged and his leg too, his arm is not left out as well.  One of the nurses walks to his corpse and covers his face with the hospital bed sheet.

The time of his death was recorded at 7:50am, it was written on the other doctor's note pad. The nurse who covered his body, went to disconnect him from the heart monitor so his body would be taken to the morgue. But she was about to, the heart monitor starts reading again.

The doctors and the other nurse turned to him in shock, it started from one and started reading much better.  The doctor who confirmed his death and walked  to the bed, he uncovers Tito's face but his eyes were closed.

"This can't be," the other doctor with the notepad gasps.

"Impossible, we confirmed him dead," the doctor who examines him mutters and checks heartbeat and pulse. Everything was back to normal but he didn't wake up at all.

"Doc."

"He's alive," the doctor said to them.

Their mouths opened in shock.  The doctor confirms that he is alright but still in a coma, he goes back to Fiorella and luckily she is still there, crying. The doctor stood still in surprise in his years as a medical practitioner, he had never seen anything like this before, he exhaled and walked to a wailing woman.

"Miss..." He calls and she lifts up her head.

Her face is wet and red, the top of her dress is also wet with her tears.

"Yes, doc." Fiorella sniffs and stands up shakily.

She has stayed for a while that's why her legs are getting numb.

"The patient isn't death." the doctor reveals.

She raises her brows at him in disbelief. "Tell me this is a joke."

The doctor blinks in confusion. "we thought he was dead, we had a CPR done on him but he didn't wake up  just as we were about to transfer him to the morgue, he came back to life, I am as shocked as you are..."

Fiorella sniffs and smiles, she feels so relieved and even pinches herself to make sure it is not her imagination.

"Is he awake?"

"Unfortunately he is not awake, he broke some bones in his body and because of the pressure from the water, it affected his brain, so i presume he has fallen into a coma a bit, and will pray  that he wakes up soon but that would be confirmed when the remaining tests are carried out on him." the doctor replies setting her at ease.

"Okay...okay..." She sniffs and wipes her tears away.

___

Fiorella goes to Enzo's house, she hopes that the kids have gone to school, she will call her Mamma to pick them up from school, she will get back home late because she is not ready to face them at all.