48.

"Why are you watching your best friend and her baby daddy fuck?"

I turned around and saw Romeo standing down the hallway and turned my gaze back to Antonio and Harper. I listened to his footsteps come closer until it stopped and his hands were going down my waist. I turned my attention back at the other couple that was fucking.

"I was going to watch something in the living room but then saw them fuck and wondered how they were going to do it when she has become as big as she is right now," I told him. He chuckled and grabbed me by my arm. I followed him away and we ended up in his bedroom.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Wait here," Romeo said and left the room. I was confused so I sat down and waited for something to happen. I couldn't believe what I was hearing... a dog? A dog was barking and now I suddenly felt scared. What if it's one of those giant ones that bite you? The door opened as Romeo came in with the cutest puppy in his hands. I rose from my seat and was in complete awe.

"What's its name?" I asked and touched the dog's tiny paws. Romeo smiled and put the dog down on the floor. I sat down on the floor and realized that it was a girl. She went up to me and began smelling me and climbing up on me.
"Her name is Bambi, she's a golden retriever." He explained to me.

"She's goddamn cute, is there any reason you adopted her?" I asked and looked at him.

"I had one when I was a child, well it was Antonio that brought him home but begged me to cover up for him. My dad found out and all I can say is, he was a very violent man." Romeo said and sat down on our bed. I picked Bambi up and straddled Romeo while the dog was between our chests.

"She's so cute. It's like our little child." I pouted and held Bambi close to me.

"I didn't know you would love the idea of a dog this much." He said. I rolled my eyes and kissed his forehead. "I know Mr. Daddy issues aren't talking right now," I said in my defense. Romeo slapped my ass and made me groan in pain.

"You are so mean." I shook my head at him. He picked the dog up in his hands and gave it small kisses. "I know Miss Daddy issues aren't talking right now." He mimicked and I gasped.

"You did not," I said and left my mouth hanging open. Romeo smiled and nodded his head. "I did." He answered. I slapped his arm and got up from his lap while taking Bambi with me. I kissed her tiny head and left the bedroom.

Maybe she's hungry. Or thirsty. If I was a dog, I would want to get fed too. That's common sense, I sound so stupid right now.

I saw that Romeo already had bought two different bowls, one for food and the other one for water. I put Bambi down and took the bowl up as I cleaned it with water and soap first. Just to make sure that there weren't any bacteria. And then I filled it up with water. I placed the water bowl down on the floor and watched as Bambi pulled her little tongue out and drank the water.

I think this is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I never thought Romeo was the kind of guy that gets his heart warm when he sees dogs. I wonder what made him choose her over all the other dogs. I would have done the same thing because I think she's the cutest but that doesn't mean Romeo doesn't have a special reason for his doing.

Harper came running into the kitchen and closing all doors. "I called the police, get your things, we are living fucking now." She whisper-yelled. I was in complete shock. She took her shoes on and grabbed her jacket. I took my jacket and Harper opened the front door while leaving the house.

"Are you going with her, Amore?" I heard his voice but I didn't dare to turn around and look at him.

He's always going to find you again somehow.