Chapter Five

I wake up to the sound of Matteo yelling and the sound of something shattering. My eyes shoot open and I see Matteo going to throw himself onto a hotel worker. I quickly get up and stop him.

"What are you doing?! Run! He broke in!" He thrashes around trying to escape my grasp to no avail. The man looks scared and scurries out leaving the cart behind.

"He works for the hotel! It's okay Matteo!" I say trying to get him to stop thrashing. He eventually calms and I slowly let go of him.

"I'm sorry I should've told you someone would be coming in to deliver breakfast." He fully relaxes hearing that.

"So he didn't break in?" I shake my head and he looks around embarrassed. He threw the lamp which is now in pieces all over the floor. He goes to clean it up and I stop him. I pick him up so he doesn't step on any shards and put him on the bed.

"Adults clean the glass." He nods and plays with his hands.

"I'm really sorry for being so much trouble." I stop what I'm doing and sit next to him.

"You're no trouble at all. You thought someone was breaking in, how could I be mad at you not only defending yourself, but me." He slightly smiles and I smile back going back to the floor to clean up the glass. Once I'm almost finished the phone rings and I quickly answer it.

"Yes I'm very sorry just charge the card on file, Tony Yanis Stark. No, I wasn't expecting 18 people. Thank you for letting me know." I hang up the phone and quickly start getting our things together changing into yesterday's clothes. Matteo doesn't even need me to say the word to follow suit.

Once everything is together I open the massive window and stand on the edge.

"Will you trust me?" I hold out my hand for Matteo and he grabs it with a firm nod.

"Shield." Huge black feather wings grow from my back and I jump from the ledge flapping them and taking us away from the hotel. Matteo cheers happily as I take us away and I can't help watching his excited face.

When the hotel is out of sight I land on a side street and change back to my usual form.

"That was awesome!" He cheers breathing heavily.

"But why did we have to do that?"

I hesitate before answering, "my mates showed up."

"Sooo, why?"

"I don't know, it was just a knee jerk reaction." My phone begins ringing and I see a picture of me and Natasha pop up.

"Mommy is calling. Is that your mom? She's young." I blush and quickly answer the phone.

"Where the hell are you?" She asks not yelling but definitely agitated.

"I left the hotel."

"Yeah no shit were in your empty room. I'm just going to ask you straight out. Did you cheat on us last night, there are two beds but one of them doesn't seem to be slept in at all, a broken lamp and I think you're missing a sock."

"No! I would never cheat on you how could you even think that?!" Matteo gives me a look and step away lowering my voice.

"Put yourself in our position Marianna!" I scoff and shake my head.