Chapter Sixty- Three

"That's not the only thing either." Matteo says looking down at his hands amazed.

"I'm the god of light, honor and I'm a fertility god like dad. I don't know how I know this now but I do, I knew the second that light came from my hand, which I'm really sorry about by the way." He says sheepishly.

"We know you didn't mean it this is the point of doing this, don't be sorry." Tony says putting the iPad down to check out the damage to the wall.

"Luckily the room is built for situations like this but we should still move to a different training room and let my suits get to fixing this." Everyone nods in agreement moving the stuff they brought with them to a different training room. We make sure not to go to the one holding the deviants having to take a few elevator rides to get everyone to the level it's on.

"Do you feel any other powers?" Wanda asks as Matteo sits on the floor shaking his head.

"No none that can manifest physically at least." He answers.

"Do you think you could do the beam of light again?" I ask and he shrugs standing up. He holds out his hands and nothing happens, he begins waving them like Wanda does and still, nothing.

"Apparently not, I was annoyed when I did it so it was obviously charged by that." He says making Scott smile ruffling his hair.

"Sounds about right to me buddy." Matteo smiles proudly jumping into Scott's open arms being easily lifted into the air.

"We'll work on better ways of controlling it and with time you'll be a master."

With Matteo pooped and the training over I find myself with a rare moment of free time.

Which for a working wife and mother is never really free time. As soon as that thought passes my phone goes off and I pull it out of my pocket reading the mission information Fury just sent. It's your typical run of the mill mission detail text, the only difference from all of my other ones is that this one now comes with a little heart and be safe at the end making me smile like a dork.

It seems like a relatively simple mission so I quickly get ready promising to be home as quick as I can giving everyone a kiss, taking off.

To say relatively easy is an understatement, this is insulting.

I stand in the middle of a child's birthday party being hit with the stick that's meant for the piñata and challenged to a fight from the red haired birthday girl herself. I excuse myself to the bathroom earning myself a glare from the parents of the child who already didn't seem very fond of me being there in the first place, immediately dialing Fury's number as soon as I close the door to the bathroom the screams of children hopped up on sugar muffling.

"Is everything alright?" He asks as soon as he answers.

"At the childrens birthday party? Yes everything is fine what the fuck is this shit? This was not what was described in the mission details. Just because I'm your mate now doesn't mean you get to send me on this sad excuse of a mission because you want to protect me or some shit." I rant on barely taking a moment to breathe.

"That's-" Fury is cut off by the entire house shaking, some dust and dirt falling from the ceiling and screams of terror following. I drop my phone and immediately run out of the house to see a woman whose face and hair are concealed by plants and leaves that almost stick to her face like skin, vines surrounding her swinging wildly around her body attacking the people of the party seemingly looking for something, a large tree lays knocked over in the yard ruining the families fence.

I waste no time in releasing a scream to the assailant while throwing myself in front of a child who was about to be grabbed by a vine throwing up my shield and cutting the vine earning me a hiss like it's a snake.