Chapter Sixty

Matteo POV
After my dads "persuade" which is really code for argue with and practically drag my mom out of the room, I'm left alone with Odin who watches me with his one uncovered eye not speaking.

I shift in my chair awkwardly looking around pretending not to notice the awkward silence. After a few minutes he finally speaks with a tired raspy voice.

"I've heard a lot about you." I can't help the surprised look on my face making Odin chuckle before it breaks into a coughing fit. I move closer to see if there's anything I can do to help grabbing the water in his bedside table and holding it to his lips once his coughing calms.

"Thank you, and yes Loki and Thor tell Frigga all about you, and then she tells me." He explains with a small smile on his face. I'm not really sure how to respond my leg shaking from being so nervous, maybe mama should've stayed.

"You're alright, you don't have to worry I'm much to weak to do any harm to you if I wanted to, which I don't." He clarifies reading my face and body language, I'll have to keep working on that with мама.

"But you know what I'm not too weak for?" He asks getting my hopes up my eyes widening moving to the edge of my seat, he motions for me to sit on the bed and I look at the spot unsure making Odin chuckle.

"Your mother doesn't trust me for good reason, if you'd like to have her in here with you, I'd have no obligations." As much as I would probably feel better mom hates this guy so I shake my head.

"It's alright." I say moving onto the bed, Odin reaches out for me and I jerk back.

"If you do anything my parents will make sure your death comes a lot sooner." I say making Odin smile with a quick nod reaching out once again, I let him cup my head and the last thing I see is Odins serious face before complete darkness takes over my vision.

Marianna POV
"How much longer should we wait? They've been talking for like ten minutes, how much time could they really need? Let's go insi-"

"Just let them have a bit more time my love." Thor says making me roll my eyes but stay on the other side of Odins bedroom door anyways.

"What if he's not ready to have powers at his disposal? What if this is the worst thing to happen to him and when he grows up he'll blame us and tell us we should've protected him from this, and he'll be right." I panic on, barely taking a second to breath.

Loki grabs my shoulder stopping my pacing and smiles at me.

"I love when you're all motherly." He says making me scoff and roll my eyes.

"Now is not the time, I'm worried and I want to go in there they've had enough time. If he hasn't made him a god then he can do it in front of us, but I'm going in." I say moving out of his touch opening the door back into Odins bedroom and see Matteo unconscious on Odins bed, Odin also unconscious.

The only difference, Matteo's chest rises and falls with steady breath, Odins does not.

I rush to make sure Matteo is okay while Thor and Loki surround Odin, knowing he's gone. I hold Matteo kissing his forehead before slowly running my hands through his soft dark hair, watching Thor and Loki comfort each other in their own unique way.

With a fight.

"This is your fault we could've had more time with him if you didn't insist on Matteo coming to get his godliness." Thor yells glaring angrily at Loki who rolls his eyes moving over to Matteo.

"He was going to die anyways but now Matteo will have a means of protecting himself, and a longer life." Loki says rather rationally making Thor consider his words but still ultimately turn on him in rage.

"Do you not care at all?! I know he wasn't the best father-"

"Not all of us are sobbing oafs about things. I'm dealing with it in my own way. We had a lot of time with him Thor and he was a real ass, a lot of that time spent wasn't positive, majority of it." Loki says sadly and I move a hand from Matteo to him, his muscles instantly relaxing.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your fight but is he going to be okay? Is there anything we should be doing for him?" I ask using my free hand to gently trace his face my voice shaky.

"I'm afraid all we can do is wait for him to wake." Thor says moving next to us on the bed looking over Matteo fondly.

"He's a strong boy, he will be alright." Thor says so reassuringly, I'm almost able to relax. Almost.

"You should get your mother." I say and Loki shakes his head.

"They're mates, she knows." I nod my head sadly, begging Poseidon to never let me feel that pain.

"How will we know what he's the god of without Odin?" I ask after a few minutes of silence, the only noise that's being made is from the shuffling of castle workers taking Odins body. Neither of the men say anything but both shrug their shoulders, the events of the day showing on their faces.

"Both of you go rest, I'll make sure he's alright." I insist, both of them rejecting me like it was a question not a demand until I basically force them out.

Resting back at Matteo's side, I hum a sirens lullaby playing with his hair, his heavy breath the only sound in the room.

I wait.

And wait.

And wait.

Loki and Thor enter the room already have woken up, still looking slightly haggard but much better than before.

"Why hasn't he woken up?" They ask simultaneously rushing over to us.

"I don't know, you said all we can do is wait for him to wake up so that's what I've been doing." I say panic arising, my stomach turning body shaking.

I clasp my hands together and immediately begin singing the song and tones dedicated to Poseidon, begging, praying for our boy to be safe, to be guided through whatever the fuck is happening. I can't lose another one of my babies, I can't lose him.

His chest heaves with his breath but his eyes remain closed.

"Get my mother!"