Chapter Thirty

"We need to go back and help them." I say trying to get up losing my balance still a bit out of it from the copious amounts of anesthesia, Loki catches me not letting go even when I try to pull away.

"You're not going back there. We need you, Matteo needs you, I need you Marianna, when are you going to start valuing your life?"

"I- I do value my life, but not above others. George, Elise and Xavier are being held there along with a lot of other innocent beings. I can't just leave them to be killed in the fight." He shakes his head tears in his eyes.

"Please don't go back. Just stay here. I'll get them out safely. Please." He begs holding me tightly.

"They took my tail Loki." I look up at him lip quivering.

"You stay with me. Do you understand me?" Loki says looking at me sadly pulling me closer to him.

"Shield." I mutter to myself imagining me in my usual fighting attire but nothing happens as Loki teleports back to whatever the hell this place is.

"They took my thing too!" I say angrily.

"You don't even know what it is I think you'll live." Loki says sending someone flying back with his magic.

"Shut up." I say rolling my eyes putting a shield around us as someone shoots from a hidden location. Loki spots them and teleports behind them swiftly snapping their neck. He teleports right back over to me and I drop my shield as Wanda spots us lowering herself down giving Loki a what the fuck look.

"Go home now." Wanda says angrily her magic flowing all around her.

"No I have some business to settle. You can babysit me if you want but I'm going to eat." I say gritting my teeth walking away to find live prey, which doesn't take long. I find Sam and Peter (Q) in the middle of a fight the guards trying to keep them away from a man in a lab coat, obviously one of the doctors doing these mutations to people. I run throwing my body onto one of them sinking my teeth into his neck taking a bite quickly swallowing and holding on as he begins screaming and trying to throw me off of him. The guards try to shoot at me but kill him instead. His body falls and those not fighting Sam and Peter begin shooting at me. My shield appears without me having to lift my hands only think about it. I smirk dropping it once I get close enough to someone pulling them into my shield bubble keeping eye contact with those outside as I begin devouring his body.

I feel myself growing stronger and stronger with each bite my body telling me my tail is going to be just fine, so long as I finish my meal. Sam and Peter begin clearing them out quickly as they're distracted and traumatized from watching me eat their fellow guard. I drop my shield helping them taking bites out of whichever ones I can making sure not to take a bite out of Sam, Peter, or Wanda and Loki who have joined us after dealing with their own group.

"I knew this was the right move." I say showing Loki my renewed strength. Our attention is quickly taken over by the sounds of more fighting, none of us have to say anything throwing ourselves back into the fight.

Needless to say we kicked their asses and safety freed everyone I am also feeling much better. The amount and quality of the tech here is insane, my techy mates waste no time starting to strip things for their parts or taking things while making Stephen bring shit back and forth before we call Fury to clean this mess up.

I take out my phone to call Fury realizing it's well into the next morning. I quickly make sure he's okay and let him know we handled everything before hanging up rushing up to T'challa.

"What time are you supposed to get Matteo? I can't believe the shit that can happen in 24 hours." I say shaking my head looking around at all the death and destruction.

"Not until later this afternoon don't worry my love." T'challa says exhausted.

"Let's get home and try to get some sleep before it's time to get him." He nods taking my hand letting Stephen bring us through a portal.

"I think I'm going to take a little swim first, I'll be in bed in a little bit." I say to T'challa kissing him on the head. He nods sleepily heading off.

"I'll join you." Loki says popping out of nowhere.

"Why?" I ask fidgeting with my hands heading to the elevator to the pool level.

"You know why. You told me they took your tail."

"They did, but I think eating people.. grew it back." I say half amazed half unsure.

"Like you know how eating people can make a siren stronger, I think it was like that but growing a whole fucking tail. But I don't know that's why I need to see."

"And that's why I'm coming with you. What will you do if you're just stronger? If your tail didn't grow back?" I stay quiet the elevator doors opening.

We step out and I quickly take off my clothes hesitating to go in.

"What's the problem?" Loki asks watching me.

"Now I'm nervous I don't know what I'll do if my tail didn't grow back. I love being a siren." I say kicking a small puddle on the floor.

"Then get in there and show me that tail." I smile at him and slowly make my way into the water I dive underneath and focus on my shifting. My webbed hands appear and the scales around my chest do too but they're different now, I feel my legs together together forming my tail and a burning pain takes over but I bear through it gritting my teeth.

I jump out of the water showing Loki my razor sharp tail splashing around happily

I pop my head out of the water with a big smile, "it's so much stronger than my last tail! I swim so much faster and my fins are like blades!" Loki looks at me confused and I furrow my brows and shake my head.

"What? What's wrong my love?" I ask swimming to the edge of the pool perching my arms up so I'm closer to him.

"Can you lift yourself out of the water for a moment darling?"

"Of course baby." I say concerned lifting myself out so I'm sitting in the edge. Loki begins examining my tail and I look with him my eyes widening. He lifts my arm and I twist my head straining to examine the rest of my body.

"Are those fucking soulmarks?"