Chapter Sixty- Seven

Meeting the other Eternals was.. interesting to say the least. They had explained to me what happened with Ikaris and that he was recreated by Arishem, fully dedicating himself to stopping the emergences of other planets even against the instructions of Arishem, but meeting him was still definitely uncomfortable.

For him not me.

I pick him up by the front of his suit smashing his back into one of the walls of the domo.

"You ever try to lay a finger on one of my mates ever again and I'll make sure your creator can't put you back together." I threaten him hearing Druigs chuckle behind me his arms wrapping around me making me release Ikaris kissing my neck as he does so.

"So sexy when you're defending us." He chuckles against my neck making me shiver.

"Don't worry, I want to do what's right." Ikaris says not so subtly looking over to Sersi who doesn't spare him a glance keeping her eyes glued to her phone.

Once introductions are out of the way Gilgamesh and Thena try to sneak me into their room but I insist on getting to know their family before we go out and fight together.

"We should be on Jorba in about three hours, get comfortable everyone." Phastos says not looking up from the project he's been working on I stand next to him observing his powers, practically gawking.

He chuckles letting the invention go turning to me.

"Sorry, don't mind me. Please continue." I say ushering for him to ignore me and resume his invention.

I watch with great interest making note to introduce Phastos to Tony. I have an inkling they'll get along quite well.

"So how do your powers work? You're just like super smart and you wake up with new ideas just like that and then actually follow through with those ideas?" He chuckles nodding his head.

"Sometimes Sersi would help, she has the power to change objects so our powers pair very nicely together. But what about you, you're like a goddess siren Avenger queen." He says making me snort.

"That's a new one, my spouses are going to like that." I say laughing, Sersi entering the conversation smiling kindly at me before speaking.

"Don't let Phastos fool you, anything I changed he could've done on his own, probably better too." She smiles.

"Couldn't do what you did at the last emergence." He rebuttals making her roll her eyes even though her smile remains.

"That was pretty funny what you did to Ikaris." She says turning to me her eyebrow slightly quirking up.

I bite my lip hoping she's not being sarcastic, "I know he's like your husband-" she holds up a hand cutting me off my mouth closing immediately, my eyes flickering over go Phastos nervously. I don't know the extent of her capabilities and I'll be damned if I get turned into a fucking toilet plunger or some shit.

"He's not my husband, I said till death do us part, we are parted." She says indefinitely staring coldly at Ikaris who knows he's being talked about on the other side of domo fiddling with his fingers. I purse my lips looking awkwardly between them until Sersi claps her hands together a smile forming on her face.

"This is my boyfriend though." She pulls out her phone showing me a picture of her and a dark haired man kissing, looking very happy together.

"Beautiful couple." I smile noticing Ikaris' disgust out of the corner of my eye.

"Though I've never been one to choose." I smirk mischievously over to Ikaris, Sersi's eyes widening in response her words jumbling together forming an incoherent response.

"He did some really bad things. I don't want to be with him, and I have Dane, I love him."

"Like I said, I've never been one to choose. And you definitely don't want to come to me about a moral compass, not only do I have various different types of murderers as my spouses but I'm definitely not innocent myself." I say annunciating definitely my mischievous look remaking on my face watch Ikaris' face perks up at our conversation.

"Nobody is innocent doing what we do, I guess." She says biting her lip looking over to Ikaris. Phastos shakes his head with a smile still concentrating on his invention and Sersi makes her way over to Ikaris the two quietly talking to each other.

"Impressive." Phastos smiles making me playfully bow with a small laugh, Thena and Gilgamesh making their way out of their room both glowing with happiness. I kiss both of them and settle in for the rest of the ride having bouts of small talk but mostly, lots of cuddles and rest before the fight ahead.

I contacted Jorba to let them know that we would be coming so we have no issue getting into their hangar bay and getting past security.

"Avian!" I say happily embracing the tall, purple skinned alien who slightly lifts me off the ground twirling me around once before putting me down and holding my face squishing my cheeks.

"It has been far too long, you are as beautiful as ever." He says squishing my cheeks further making me smile.

Makkari doesn't say anything she just takes his hands off of my face and clasps our hands together glaring at the King. I give her a gentle squeeze trying to calm her down.

"Don't worry he knows how loyal I am. It's what he likes." I say smugly kissing Makkaris pouting lips gently making her surrender her soft lips kissing me back.

"Okay, you don't have to rub it in." Avian says playfully.

"Unfortunately we don't have time for pleasantries, we need to get these people to a safe place and see if we can locate where exactly the emergence is going to be taking place." Phastos says, making Sprite speak up for the first time since I entered domo.

"Finally someone with some sense around here."

"Sorry, let me show you to our war room and discuss the evacuation process as well as the plan for handling this emergence." Avian says regaining his kingly composure leading the way, his guards taking their place at his side.

I look behind my shoulder and see dock workers unloading the deviants carefully an unsettling feeling resting in my stomach.

This is it, the emergence is here.

Fuck.