Chapter Seventy- Two

Mantis having to leave with the other guardians including two of my spouses and Nebula doesn't bode well for my confidence in our relationship and where things stand between us, but I don't want to bring it up and have her thoughts be on our relationship when she needs to focus on what they're doing.

"Precious, is something wrong?" Yelena asks running her hands along my wet, naked body, the hot water from the shower rolling off of our bodies hitting the tile floor before swirling down the drain.

"Just caught up in my own thoughts." I smile turning around to face her, running my fingers through her long wet hair placing small kisses all over her face, Yelena eyes closing to enjoy the feeling.

"Are you sure?" She asks dazed still keeping her eyes closed, I sigh, her eyes opening immediately filled with concern.

"Tell me precious and I will make it better." She says cradling my face.

Damn I can't hide from her.

"When my mark appeared on you, did you question what you were going to do? Did you ever consider rejecting me."

"Rejecting you? Never. Question how the hell things were going to work, fuck yes." She chuckles making me smile pressing our foreheads together.

What's going on baby?" She presses turning off the shower, getting both of our towels.

"Why didn't Mantis come to me right away? She knows that's my mark. Why did she wait, what if she doesn't really want this?"

"Want what?" Yelena asks.

"Want this life, these commitments, me. It.. wouldn't be the first time."

"Mantis is much smarter than that moron who rejected you-"

"He didn't technically reject me." I interject scowling.

"Well he didn't accept you baby." She says making me frown tying the towel around myself, guilt flashing on her face.

"Drive the knife deeper why don't you?" She gives me an apologetic look and I shrug shaking my head.

"You're right.. it just hurts to hear out loud."

"Makes it more real?" She asks softly and I nod my head opening the door back into our room, Bucky and Scott sitting on the swing passing a joint between them, their heads turning to me, moving with my every step.

"You look yummy." Bucky says getting up, pressing himself behind me as I search for clothes. He starts kissing my neck making my eyes flutter closed goosebumps rising.

"Down boy, there's no time, I need to get ready to bring Hayden to her first day of school and Matteo to his first day back at school with powers." I say with a smile, happy to finally get Hayden something resembling a normal life.

"I wish we could all go." Bucky pouts plopping back onto the swing grabbing the joint from Scott.

"Hayden doesn't want all eyes on her, she's already nervous enough." I explain apologetically even though he already knows this.

"I think he's more upset that Hayden wants Tony of all people to go." Yelena says dropping her towel plopping into the bed naked. I chuckle pulling on the simple outfit.

"They've bonded over the suits." I say and Bucky groans passing the joint back to Scott sitting up to roll another.

I check my phone and my eyes widen.

"I've gotta move my ass or we're gonna be late." I say grabbing my bag giving them a quick peck before heading to the living room, calling the kids and Tony to me with my song.

"What's taking him so long?" Hayden asks anxiously pacing back and forth.

"He's a diva, something you should get used to." Matteo says sitting up his bag rattling.

"TONY!" I yell making him rush in, annoyed.

We save the scolding for a different time, Loki quickly teleporting us to the school just in the nick of time.

Natasha POV
"Where the hell did they go?!" I storm into the room, Yelena skittering under the blanket.

"What?" Scott asks the smell of weed hitting me immediately.

"My fucking shoes, Fury needs me at shield asap." I answer ripping apart the room.

"Again? So early? What's been going on, what are you not telling us?" Yelena asks suspicion written all over her face, Bucky and Scott now also growing suspicious about my recent behavior.

"You know what, I'm just gonna go without it." I say very obviously trying to avoid this conversation.

"I'll call Marianna and tell her you're trying to lie Ave without your phone to do something shady with Fury." Yelena says shooting up keeping the blanket held tightly against herself.

I grind my teeth together turning around slowly.

"Fine. Fury and I have been tracking Hayden's mother. That morning I left suddenly, we had a lead on where she was spotted at that very moment, but she was gone when we got there, and NOW she's going to be gone again." I answer extremely annoyed finally finding my damn shoes, I quickly pull them on flying out of the room in search of Stephen or Loki.

"Shield, now." I say to Stephen who rolls his eyes putting down his book bringing me to shield with no comment or question, leaving just as quickly and uninterested.

"Took you long enough, so long in fact, I got her on my own. Let's go." Fury smirks.

Peter (Q) POV
"Who ate ALL OF THE BANANA MUFFINS?!" Gamora screams throwing the large empty container across the ship into the wall.

"It was not Drax." Drax says keeping his back turned to everyone.

"He is lying." Mantis says not looking up from her new phone she got so she could talk to Marianna herself.

If looks could kill Drax would be with his wife right now.

Dead that is.

I chuckle at my own thoughts, only being brought back into the situation at the mention of my sexy mama.

"Marianna said they were for everyone!" Drax says covering his face as Gamora moves closer and closer with each word.

"NOBODY ELSE GOT ANY!" She yells spazzing out like she never has before.

"Gamora, I miss her too but you need to relax." Nebula says finally stepping in to help diffuse this overly dramatic situation.

"Mantis you wanna help here." I say under my breath looking behind me at Mantis who just shrugs, fiddling with that damn phone.

Thankfully Nebula seems to have calmed Gamora down some, reminding her this was not the only thing Marianna packed for us, and making Drax swear he won't touch anything else Marianna made unless he has permission from her.

"Can you all get your heads out of your asses and get ready for what we came here to do?" Rocket says sauntering in, stealing everyone's attention with the massive weaponry being wheeled in by iron suits curtesy of my wife who forced Tony to let us take some.

"Okay okay, tell us the plan."