Chapter Thirty- Nine

Zemo POV
"It's done, let me see Marianna." I say flatly looking at a pleased Nick Fury in his dark piercing eyes.

"Hypothetically what if I told you I can't do that?" He smirk looking over my shoulder at my work.

"Hypothetically I would kill you and escape the country with her." I smirk resting my hand on the number of lab equipment that could be used as weaponry Fury chuckles and I join him crossing my arms.

"Just wanted to see what you would say." Fury says moving closer picking up a vial of my creation.

"How will we know the serum worked 100 percent?" He asks.

"We can't be 100 percent sure until human trials-"

"See you on the other the side." Fury interrupts jamming a needle into my neck quickly making me go unconscious.

Marianna POV
"Dinners ready!" I call out as Bruce helps bring the food we cooked to the table Pietro running in giving me a quick kiss before beginning to load his plate.

Once everyone has their food and is sitting down eating casual conversation takes over until Matteo speaks loud enough for the table to hear.

"Have you guys thought about your decision?" He asks eagerly all of us looking around at each other.

"Yeah we're just not sure we trust Odin to let him anywhere near you buddy." Scott says resting a hand on Matteo's shoulder.

"But he wants to make me a god, then I'll be able to protect myself and you guys won't have to worry as much."

"We're always going to worry god or not." Wanda says lifting a bite of food to her lips.

"Plus it's a lot of responsibility being a god, you'll officially be the prince of Asgard, are you sure you're ready for that?"

"I don't know.." Matteo says unsure now poking at his food with his fork.

"I think you should learn more about Asgard and it's magic before anything." Tony says taking a sip of his wine all of us nodding and murmuring in agreement.

"Whatever but if Odin croaks before then I'm going to be mad." I almost spit my drink out covering my mouth with a napkin forcibly swallowing Loki laughs loudly smacking the table making everything shake.

"He's been spending too much time around you." Thor scowls looking at Loki who continues to laugh breathily repeating what Matteo said clasping Gamora on the shoulder as he laughs making her scrunch up her face pulling her shoulder roughly away. I clear off my plate and load up for seconds still ravenous.

"Dad can you help me with my homework after dinner?" Matteo asks looking to Bruce who doesn't try to hide his smile obviously saying yes.

After dinner we're all cleaning up with the exception of Matteo and Bruce who are getting started on homework.

"So you're going to visit him tonight?" T'challa asks wiping the table not looking at me.

"Yup." I say simply. We haven't really gotten to talk about me accepting the bond with Zemo mostly because T'challa doesn't want to but I think that's about to change.

"Why? Why couldn't you just have denied the bond?" He asks throwing the rag he's using to wipe the table onto the counter.

"I already told you why." The others try to pretend they're not listening to us but do a bad job fake cleaning.

"He's not a good guy Marianna." Bucky chimes in standing next to T'challa.

"He fucked up, astronomically, but we'd all burn the world down if anything happened to Matteo never mind if we lost each other too. I won't choose between the two of you so don't make me.

"In doing that you're choosing him."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I say not really wanting to hear his answer my heart already hurting.

"I can't be with you, if you're with him." He says biting his lip. My eyes dart over to Bucky holding back my tears.

"Is that the same for you then?" Bucky doesn't look at me but gives a curt nod.

"I don't do ultimatums, you're both free to leave but that's it. We'll be done for good."

"Okay guys this is getting out of control. Why don't we sit down and just relax. There's no need for this." Peter (P) intervenes.

"I have to agree with Peter. Barnes you killed MY parents and yet here we stand, hell we've more than stood together." Tony wink crossing his arms.

"I'm sorry I missed the part where we asked the peanut gallery to chime in." T'challa says rolling his eyes.

"Seems like this kind of involves us though." Scott says pursing his lips slightly squinting.

"There's nothing to be involved in, you heard them, they're done if I continue to see Zemo" I say turning to leave Bucky grabbing my arm stopping me his eyes darting around my face.

"He needs love. Just like you all did and do. That's what I believe my purpose for all these soulmarks boils down to, complicated people who need someone to love them unconditionally. Please, don't make me choose." I say gently reaching to T'challa holding his soft warm hand. He lifts his free hand to touch my face gently making me close my eyes basking in his touch.

"It's not going to be easy." He finally says making me open my eyes a slow smile creeping onto my face falling quickly as I look to a pondering Bucky.

"If T'challa can, I know I can too."

I bite my lip before speaking what's on my mind knowing I'll be pestered to anyways, "can you all not threaten to leave me when we fight. This isn't the first time and it makes me physically sick."

"I'm sorry." T'challa says nuzzling into my neck placing kisses and little bites and licks.

"I am too, I should've talked to you both more before accepting the bond instead of having an asking for forgiveness is easier than permission attitude." My phone beeps and my eyes widen seeing the time.

"I have to go if I want to catch him early enough, but if you want me to stay I will."

"Go my love, but be home soon so we can give each other a more.. thorough apology." He winks kissing me.

"Yes, sir." I smile before quickly saying goodbye to everyone before Loki teleports us on the other side of Zeno's cell which sits empty.

"What the fuck he should be here." I say panic arising. Loki grabs my hand sensing my worry and rubs the back of my hand soothingly.

"Well look who we've got here." An all to familiar voice booms appearing from nowhere.

Busted.