Chapter Thirty- Seven

Waking up to a screaming Yelena choke holding Eddie on the bathroom floor was definitely something.

After calming them down and giving everyone's introductions I order breakfast to the room and call Matteo to say good morning and to have a good day at school my mouth drops reading his next text.

Why didn't you tell me you got new mates? Especially тетя (aunt) Yelena, and aunt Nebula?

You're the child Matteo, sometimes it's not time for you to know things. How did you even find out?

Secret sources.

Matteo.

I heard everyone arguing while I was supposed to be in bed.

I'll deal with you later, get ready and have a good day at school I love you.

I love you too mama.

That boy knows how to melt my heart I think to myself unable to keep from smiling holding the phone to my chest.

"Well it looks like the news is out." I hear Okoye say holding up her phone to a picture of Wade giving me a piggyback down the hotel hallways with my shoes off, hair and makeup a mess, and Wade drunk as shit.

"That's a really good photo of us, we should frame it." Wade says snatching the phone Okoye immediately snatching it back I look over her shoulder jaw dropping.

"Can a bitch have one moment of PEACE." I yell frustrated reading the headlines until Okoye starts scrolling through the comments quickly stopping as each and every one has different variations on how they can help my spouses move on from the slut that is me.

"Everything will be cleared up by the end of the day I'm sure your other mates won't let this shit continue." Eddie says shaking his head looking at his own phone.

"Well I guess that's on me. No matter how discreet and secure a place promises to be I need to be on guard." I say shrugging my shoulders beginning to get things packed and cleaned up finishing my food.

"You're not pissed?" Nebula asks cleaning off her plate as well.

"I am, but what can I do besides wait for the rumors to blow over?"

And that's exactly what happened. The rumors were denied and the world informed that I have 6 new mates, I was indeed not cheating. Because that should be their business.

A couple days later
"Thank you for doing this." I say to my mates tears welling up in my eyes getting hit by rain standing over a grave.

"You should get to mourn her properly my love, we know how much you loved her, we did too." Peter (P) says squeezing my hand.

"She was the best cat and deserved better than what she got in the end. I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you Verity, I love you my first baby rest well now." I say my tears flowing freely resting my free hand on her grave before placing her favorite toys and her favorite treats saying goodbye for the last time.

Everyone sits in silence in the limo until I sigh.

"Thanks again for doing this, I know you all probably have better things to do then plan and attend a cat funeral."

"Anything for you doll." Bucky says kissing my head pulling me closer.

"Has rebuilding started yet?" I ask turning to Tony who nods his head.

"It'll be a while especially because it'll be snowing soon so we'll have to settle into the tower for a bit." He says apologetically and I reach across the limo gripping his hand.

"You and the people building our home are doing the best they can, don't stress about it, we have the tower until then." I say earning me a kiss on my hand.

"Speaking of the tower, my new mates are going to be coming over when we get back, except for Zemo of course, so everyone can get to know each other better, and so that way you can meet the ones you haven't ." I say turning to look at Matteo nervously but he smiles.

"I'm ready to meet more people who are going to adore me." He pokes my side making me push him playfully.

"Well you already know and are adored by your aunts so at least there won't be too many introductions. Plus Xavier will be there too so another familiar face will hopefully make this easier." I say

"You're the only one struggling with it my love. We all agreed it'd be fine for Matteo to meet them." Thor says. I don't respond not really wanting to talk about this in front of Matteo.

Once we get to the tower I begin quickly cleaning up forcing everyone to help me much to their dismay.

"Why do I have to clean my room? It's not like they're going to inspect it mama." Matteo complains slugging off to clean his room.

Xavier shows up first and I happily catch up with but sense something's up.

"What's wrong?" I ask settling into Visions lap looking at Xavier who bites his lip shaking his head.

"It's nothing." He says trying to brush me off. I raise my eyebrow giving him the look, but he still doesn't tell me.

"You're safe right?" I ask leaning forward taking his hand. He looks down at our touching skin and gently pulls away.

"It's never going to be me is it?" He asks quietly.

"What do you mean?" I ask gently.

"You got six new mates and I wasn't one, again. I don't want you to feel bad, you've expressed many times you love me as a friend and nothing more, but fuck, am I a selfish man for still wanting to be one of those soul marks." I frown leaning back into Vision who I feel tensing up with jealousy.

"Xavier-" I begin saying.

"It's alright Marianna, I think I'm gonna take a rain check, I'll meet them soon, promise." He holds out his pinky and I cross mine with his standing and pulling us into a hug.

Once he leaves I get very unhappy looks from my mates.

"You had to hug him?" Loki asks rolling his eyes.

"I always do. This time is no different with my FRIEND." I say trying to remind them that he got a hug because he's strictly my friend.

"Stephen should be back with all of them soon so please if we're going to fight about this can we do it later, I want this to be a nice time especially for Matteo." I say just as he's entering the room.

"Where did Xavier go?" He asks with a frown.

"He had to go but promised he'd be by soon."

"Okay." He says disappointed but accepting it plopping on the couch.

Zemo POV
"Are you sure this is really what you want?" I ask Fury who has his arms crossed over his chest watching what I'm doing meticulously.

"I'm sure. It's not your place to question me Helmut. Keep working." He answers rudely.

"I'll be sure to tell the Avengers that when this eventually goes to дерьмо."

"And what's that mean?" Fury asks amused already deducing the meaning.

"When this eventually goes to shit."