Chapter Fifty- Nine

"I told you that old fart was going to die! Now I'll never be a god!" Matteo pouts as I fill him in on what's happening after the appointment.

"You better be a lot more sympathetic then this when you see your dads young man. Someone is dying and that's all you can think about?" Matteo slinks his in seat looking out of he car window guiltily before a thought clearly comes to his head a smug smirk forming on his lips, his arms crossing over his chest.

"You all say terrible things about Odin all of the time, now it's different because he's dying?" He says raising his eyebrow smugly.

"Yes."

"Why didn't you have dads get us then? It would be faster." Matteo points out still looking just as smug.

"Keep talking and I'll ground you." I smile making sure Happy isn't paying attention Matteo puffing his cheeks out slinking down dejected.

"For lack of better words, I'll use yours, I also believe Odin is an old fart, so I'm not exactly trying to get there in a rush, but I know your dads need me. I'm just.. using this car ride for myself."

"Well, I'm trying to get there in a rush." He said emphasizing I'm.

"You're not coming with me."

"It's my last chance to become a god mom! You have to let me!" He begs looking at me with his wide pleading light blue eyes so closely resembling Ophelia's.

"Who says Odin is even well enough to be bestowing godliness and whatnot?" He rolls his eyes to this.

"We won't know a unless we go and ask together. Plus he's my grandfather I should pay my respects." I snort shaking my head.

"Just five seconds ago he was an old fart, now you want to visit dear old gramps on his deathbed? I'll give you an a for effort kid."

"So I can go?!" He sits upright again, excited.

"No." I say with finality Matteo slumping back down with a pout on his face.

"Of course he's coming with us! Odin is dying we need to make him a god my love or he'll never be one." Loki says when he asks Matteo to why he has such a sour face as we walk into the tower.

"I'm quite familiar with the process, thanks for the mansplaining though." I roll my eyes linking arms with Loki.

"I know just about everything out of your control regarding Matteo scares you but you have to let him grow my love." Loki says gently Matteo looking between us hopefully. I close my eyes gently shaking my head lightly sucking on my bottom lip.

"Fine." I say releasing my lip opening my eyes to see two matching, happy faces before green magic envelops us bringing us to an open field where we're immediately taken to Asgard being greeted by a half smiling Heimdall, the circumstances obviously dampening the normally over friendly man's spirit. Loki doesn't waste anytime in bringing us directly to Orin's personal chambers, Thor and Frigga already there by his side, both looking disheveled and exhausted.

Thor immediately moves into my arms kissing my head taking a deep whiff of me before doing the same to Matteo.

"Why did you bring him here?" Thor asks confused and I look to Loki smugly waiting for him to answer.

"So uh- Odin could you know, make him a god." Loki answers sheepishly. Thor and Frigga shake their heads turning back to Odin who lays on the large bed chest rising and falling slowly.

"What happened?" I ask moving next to Thor holding his hand my other stroking his hair Matteo moving to his other side looking guilty as he takes Thors other hand, Loki moves behind us enveloping us in his strong, warm arms.

Frigga looks at her sons and Matteo fondly her face softening, holding out a hand Matteo looking to me before taking it. I give him a slight nod and he takes Friggas hand with a smile.

"I'm Frigga." She smiles.

"I'm Matteo, I'm really sorry about your husband." He says with a closed half smile.

"Thank you honey, don't feel too bad he's had a long life, we've had a long life together." She says with a rather peaceful, reminiscent look on her face.

Odin stirs his eyes opening and his face softening seeing Thor and Loki together his eyes turn to Matteo and he looks confused for a moment before realizing who he must be.

"So, you want to be a god boy?"

A/N: sorry for the shorter chapter xo