Chapter Twelve

"Why do I have to do this?" Matteo pouts in the therapists waiting room.

"Because after what happened to me I never spoke to anyone about it and it proved extremely detrimental to my mental health later on in life." I explain honestly.

"Never? Not even your mom?"

I shake my head, "not until I was older, she wasn't around me for a while after, she brought me to Greece and I hardly saw her, which I guess in part had to do with keeping you a secret." He bites his cheek but nods.

"What if I don't like him?"

"Then you come right out and we find you a different therapist, but Dr. Maddex is very helpful and trustworthy I think you're going to like him."

"Matteo." Dr. Maddex calls out stepping in the waiting room. He gets up looking back at me before going off with Dr. Maddex. I text my mates keeping them updated receiving proud answers back.

About an hour later Matteo and Dr. Maddex step out Matteos face covered in chocolate.

"I see he pulled out the trusty candy bowl." I smile standing up to wipe his face. He holds out a piece of candy for me and I hesitate feeling Alex's eyes bore into my soul. I take the candy and pop it into my mouth.

"Thanks Alex."

"Thanks Dr. Maddex!" Matteo says waving as we walk away.

I look around for Happy and see Loki standing in his black suit hands in his pocket until he sees us and holds his arms out. Matteo rushes up and gives him a big hug Loki scooping him into the air. I walk up with a big smile joining Matteo in Loki's arms receiving a kiss before he teleports us home.

We teleport into the living area of the castle and are immediately met with my mates badgering Xavier about his latest secret mission with Fury.

"Leave the man alone, Fury will off him if he says anything before he wants him to." They almost immediately forget about Xavier rushing over to greet Mateo and myself.

"What's up Yanis?" Xavier says with a smile giving me a hug once my mates release me.

"Hey, I'm Xavier I'm a family friend." Xavier says holding out his hand to Matteo.

"I'm Matteo, Mariannas.. brother." He says like it's almost a question. I decide not to say anything about it for now.

A few minutes into hanging out I get a call from Fury.

"Guess who's being brought into the secret mission!" I sing hanging up the phone shooting up out of my seat.

I receive I cacophony of boos and questions.

"I don't know shit about the mission yet so save your breathes for booing me." I laugh sticking up the finger.

I kiss Matteo on the head and give each of my mates a kiss Loki getting up to bring me.

"Sorry love he said not to have you or Stephen bring me because he knows you'll try to stick around." He plops back down with a pout.

"I'm not sure when I'll be back I'll keep you all updated and if I'm not back by tomorrow can someone please take Verity to her vets appointment?" I get a mixture of unhappy groans and chuckle before walking outside to change into my wings.

"So what's the mission?!" I ask excited. He glared at me and I relax a bit.

"This is serious matters Yanis."