Chapter Fifty

Warning: drug use, pushy douchebag behavior

"Another drink?" Victor yells over the music as we dance a short distance away from each other.

"No thanks, I'm good right now." I say withe a curt smile pressing my lips together.

Like why did he want this? Why couldn't he have just extorted me for a massive amount of money? That would've been better.

"How about something a little stronger?" He smirks taking my hand pulling me to a table where a few men and women dance on each other taking shot surrounding a table. Upon closer inspection I see a baggie with white powder in it.

"Those days are behind me, I can party without that shit."

"I'm afraid it wasn't so much of a question. C'mon Mari I want it to be just like the good ol' days." He begs with a slight whine behind his voice.

"If that were true Xavier would be here." I say with a smug look.

"Then all your attention would be going to him, just like back then. It's not a request Marianna, do a line." He says less friendly crossing his arms over his chest.

"You need to tell me about where I can find creature trading rings first." His annoyed demeanor breaks into a wide smile.

"Of course but if you double cross me I'll make sure you're black listed in any and all creature trading rings." I roll my eyes as he takes out his phone sending me a shit ton of different trading rings.

Once I have all of the information Xavier begins cutting up a line for me. I watch what he's doing my eyes widening seeing how much he measures out.

"That's a huge line Victor." I say shaking my head.

"You're a goddess now, you'll need extra." He shrugs continuing to finely chop the powder. He ushers me closer to the table keeping his hand on my back as I lean down holding the rolled up dollar bill doing the whole line in one clean snort.

I close my eyes and slightly stumble sturdied by Victor who chuckles and is watching me intently when I open my eyes the initial rush to my head starting to settle.

Victor bends over doing a line himself taking my hand with a wide smile when he opens his eyes. He leads me to the dance floor and we begin dancing and jumping around together the music filling my senses.

I'm so enraptured in dancing that I don't even notice Victor going and getting us drinks jumping when he taps my shoulder to hand it to me.

"Thanks! I'm thirsty!" I yell over the music chugging the drink in a few short gulps. Victor watches me with a smile even as I pull the drink away burp loudly and wipe the drink that began dribbling down my chin onto my chest off.

"That was hot!" He yells taking a sip of his drink trying to pull my closer to him by my hips. I swiftly move out of his arms "accidentally" stepping on his foot with my heel as I do so.

"You have a weird definition of hot!" I yell placing my empty glass down in a random place.

"Anything you do is hot!" I roll my eyes and he chuckles finishing off his drink.

"I think we need another line!" He yells trying to take my hand. I pull it away shaking my head.

"I'm all set! High enough." I yell holding up two thumbs up. He gives me the same look as earlier telling me I don't really have a choice.

We go back to the table and Victor sets up two lines this time insisting we do them at the same time like we're kids at a lake who's going to jump in together.

"Woo, fuck!" I yell shaking my head finishing the line my heart beating extremely fast.

"I need to use the bathroom." I say getting up not waiting for Victor to respond heading towards the bathroom. I press my hands against the cool sink and look at myself in the mirror trying to catch my breath.

My hair is slightly messed up a couple strands sticking to my sweaty head, my eyeliner making me look like a raccoon and a small amount of the white powder sits under my nose. I wipe it away turning on the water to clean up my eyeliner reaching down to itch my leg the door opening. I don't look at who comes in until I feel them standing right behind me.

"What the hell are you doing?" Shang- Chi asks making my eyes widen and my heart rate pick back up.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I ask in yell whisper whipping around to look at him.

"I've been following you because I felt terrible and wanted to make sure you were okay. Which you're clearly not, let's go." He says grabbing my arm but I pull away glaring at him.

"You don't get to do that. I'm on a mission right now you should go and leave me alone for good unless you want to keep hurting me." All of a sudden the door opens and a group of girls walk in. The first one doesn't hesitate to pepper spray Shang- Chi seeing my upset face, another one taking a small pink dagger out of her purse pointing it at Shang- Chi as her friend mercilessly pepper sprays him until he's clutching his eyes on the bathroom tile.

We quickly make our way out of the bathroom our heels clacking against the tile mixed with Shang- Chis groans. The girls quickly surrounding me making sure I'm okay as another goes to get security.

I thank them for their help and they ask to take pictures once they realize who I am. Ew that sounds gross. They promise not to post until tomorrow so as not to draw attention here.

I watch from a distance security carrying Shang- Chi out who seems to have already recovered from the pepper spray watching me with a sad look until he's thrown out.

Luckily Victor is too fucked up to have noticed anything happening smiling when I approach the table where he's sitting.

"I think it's time for me to go." I say looking at my phone reading 3:00AM.

"Noooooo, not yet Mari." He whines standing up with a slight stumble, he takes another line and his energy is renewed though he's looking kinda crazy.

"I've done your drugs and partied with you Victor, it's time for me to go home." He moves closer to me trying to grab my hips. I push him away and he chuckles stepping up again.

"That wasn't a challenge, that was me saying no Victor." He smacks his teeth rolling his eyes.

"Fine, but you need to walk me home and then your debt is paid."

"You want me to walk you home?" I ask with snort. He rolls his eyes.

"I just want more time with you." He says gathering his things.

I immediately throw on my jacket feeling the cold ass New York air on me.

"Fuck this, shield." I imagine myself in much warmer clothing than the dress and we begin walking an amused look on Victors face.

"That's pretty cool."

"I know."

Thankfully he's quiet for most of the walk until we walk up to his apartment.

"Wanna come inside?" He asks.

"No I only came to walk you home Victor."

"I really enjoyed our time Marianna I hope you need something from me again. I don't mind being used by you." And with that he stumbles into his house waving at me from the porch. Once I'm a street over Scott maximizes himself looking quite angry.

"I'm going to kill you."

A/N: sorry for not updating the last few days, I haven't been feeling well. Also I've never done cocaine so I did my fucking best writing it LMAO.