Chapter Twenty- One

"Its been four days, why haven't we heard anything?!" I ask frantically pacing around.

"I'm sure it's just because they're busy my queen." Loki says kissing my neck trying to get my mind off the adoption.

"It's almost time to pick him up from school." I say running my hands down his bare chest. He closes his eyes and relishes in my touch before pecking my lips and getting dressed.

"Stephen won't be back for a few days." I say sadly rolling out of bed myself. Loki looks through the drawers and hands me an outfit with a big smile on his face. I quickly change posing for him.

"It's too bad we have somewhere to be

"It's too bad we have somewhere to be." Loki smirks pulling me into him by my waist slightly rocking our bodies.

"Yes it is too bad and we're going to be late if you don't get a move on." He smirks and in a moment we're at our meeting spot watching swarms of kids leaving. In a few minutes we watch Matteo bound out of the school towards us with a big smile waving a paper in the air.

"Hey buddy whats that?" I say as he hands me the paper excitedly.

"I got invited to a birthday party and it's a sleepover! Can I go?! Please?!" He asks jumping around excited. I open the invitation and Loki looks over my shoulder reading it with me.

"I don't see why not." Loki says sensing my nervousness. Matteo jumps up and pumps his fist into the air before hugging us. Loki teleports us back home where Matteo runs off to tell the others about his good news.

"He's going to be alright." Loki says just as my phone begins ringing. I almost drop it in my haste of answering but catch it and answer just as it's about to stop ringing.

"Yes okay we'll be right there." Loki looks at me holding out his hands trying to ask what's going on. I wave him off as I listen to the person on the other side before hanging up.

"It was the adoption agency they want me and Natasha to go to the courtroom with Matteo."

"Just you and Natasha?!" He asks angrily. I nod before briskly taking off to look around the castle for her and Matteo my magic flowing through my voice calling out to them.

"Whats going on?" Matteo asks as I find him searching through the fridge for a snack.

"Grab a cheese stick and get your stuff back on the adoption agency just called for you Natasha and myself." Matteo looks worried and nods his head not bothering with the cheese stick probably too nervous. I give his shoulder a reassuring squeeze before looking for Natasha and finding her with headphones on training. She takes them off and smiles at me when I walk in her smile fading when she sees my concerned look.

"The adoption agency called wants the three of us to go there right now." She nods quickly changing into fresh clothes.

"Shield." I imagine myself in a regular black pantsuit my hair pulled back into a ponytail.

We meet Matteo and Loki at the entrance where Loki drops us off at the adoption agency before leaving with only a little hesitation.

I crouch down and hold both of Matteo's hands looking him in the eyes before we go in.

"No matter what they say in there today, we will never stop fighting for you, okay? You belong with us, your family." He nods quickly with tears in his eyes little hands shaking. I pull him to me clinging to him like he's going to disappear with a snap. Natasha wraps her arms around us and after hugging a moment we make our way inside hand in hand in hand.

As soon as we enter Roberta is right at the entrance flipping through a small stack of papers in her hands a wide smile breaking on her face when she sees us.

"Tony called me and told me and told me what was going on, I just so happened to be around so I thought it wouldn't hurt to be here for you guys."

"Thanks Roberta do you have any inkling on their decision?" Natasha asks. Roberta shakes her head slightly pursing her lips.

"I'm sorry I don't but I'm here to support you if things don't go your way. So hopefully you won't need me at all."  I grit my teeth at the thought of this not going our way. Roberta leads the way to the judges private chambers and inside an adoption agency person is sitting with their own pile of files and off to the side my mother.

Wait what the fuck is my mother doing here I swear to Poseidon-

"Hello Mrs. Yanis, Mrs, Yanis Romanoff, I'm sure you're wondering the why you've been summoned here today. The adoption agency you've been working with passed you with flying colors and were about to get the adoption papers until Ms. Yanis Monet came in making claims that you're not fit to adopt a child. Naturally the court can't ignore that especially when the complaint comes from a relative."

"I understand your honor, I would just like to make it known that Matteo was adopted before this and my mother, Ms. Yanis Monet is his biological mother. She gave him up once it's very convenient that she would say something that would get in the way of us adopting him." The judge nods turning to look at my mother who stands clearing her throat.

"I just want to make sure the child I gave up continues to have a safe healthy life and I don't think my daughter can provide that for him." She picks up her pay and begins pulling out different papers handing them to the judge.

"In those papers you'll find that Mrs. Yanis was on trial for murder not even a full year ago, you'll also find medical documents showing Mrs. Yanis has a predisposition for schizophrenia, is diagnosed with ptsd, and has a history of fighting and anger." My mom says crossing her arms looking like she won already. Oh bitch you've got no idea I'm about to repeat history. The judge takes his time looking through the papers and doesn't look pleased when he looks up.

"I believe I've made my decision."